BF4 or COD Ghosts for single-player?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 funkyzoom
Member since 2005 • 1534 Posts

First thing, I do know that the games I have mentioned focus mainly on multi-player, and have mediocre single-player campaigns thrown in just for namesake. I'm not really a fan of COD since they started their 'copy-paste' crap and milking the franchise (haven't played any COD game after World at War). On the other hand, although most people appreciate the Battlefield series, I just played the first Battlefield 1942 way back in 2002 and it just wasn't my type. After that, I didn't really pay much attention to this series.

Anyway, I just received an Amazon gift coupon from my company, which can be redeemed for any one of 5 new PC games. Among those, Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty Ghosts are the only ones which appeal to me because 2 of the others are role-playing games, and the remaining is an RTS (I never play role playing and RTS games). Of course, I do play multi-player, but I'm more of a casual gamer. I mean...I've realized that most people who play multi-player now are insanely skilled, so I can never really compete with them. And I don't really have time to 'practice' and get better, due to my ridiculous work pressure. Hence, I'm more interested in single player. So in this regard, which one offers a better single-player campaign, among BF4 and COD Ghosts? I'd prefer a reasonably lengthy single player campaign, and also a bit of innovation rather than simple run-and-gun. Please suggest me regarding this.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

Battlefield 4 is more on the realistic side and COD is.. well... COD. So if you can deal with plastic guns then go COD! but if you want (sorta) realism then BF4

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

I spent about 3 hours last night on the Bf4 campaign and so far think it's awesome. Some excellent set pieces and looks gorgeous.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Might be the obvious answer, but I think buying either game for the single player would probably be missing the point. Both franchises are heavily emphasized multiplayer games.

Personally, I think there are better FPSes for single player. Bioshock franchise, Serious Sam franchise (good MP too), STALKER franchise just to name a few.

If you're going for a good deal, check out the Devolver Digital publisher's weekend on Steam. You can pick up Serious Sam games pretty cheap and the recently released Shadow Warrior at a discount.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

@Cwagmire21 said:

Might be the obvious answer, but I think buying either game for the single player would probably be missing the point. Both franchises are heavily emphasized multiplayer games.

Personally, I think there are better FPSes for single player. Bioshock franchise, Serious Sam franchise (good MP too), STALKER franchise just to name a few.

If you're going for a good deal, check out the Devolver Digital publisher's weekend on Steam. You can pick up Serious Sam games pretty cheap and the recently released Shadow Warrior at a discount.

I dont think you read the OP

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 funkyzoom

After reading the posts by _SKatEDiRt_ and acanofcoke , i have decided to go for Battlefield 4. And Cwagmire21 I think you just read the topic title, and not my original post.

666TRYME666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 666TRYME666
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts

For those who have played BF 4, how are the controls? What are your thoughts? It'd be even better if you've played BF 3 and are familiar with those controls and I'm curious how they compare with the new BF. I want to buy BF 4 but I'm worried it's too "busy" and there's so much crap happening all at once. But, if the controls are nice and tight I suppose I could get used to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts
@666TRYME666 said:

For those who have played BF 4, how are the controls? What are your thoughts? It'd be even better if you've played BF 3 and are familiar with those controls and I'm curious how they compare with the new BF. I want to buy BF 4 but I'm worried it's too "busy" and there's so much crap happening all at once. But, if the controls are nice and tight I suppose I could get used to it.

to be honest, i think it feels almost spot-on like BF3. if you like BF3, you are gonna like BF4 too.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@funkyzoom said:

After reading the posts by _SKatEDiRt_ and acanofcoke , i have decided to go for Battlefield 4. And Cwagmire21 I think you just read the topic title, and not my original post.

I'm sorry, but Ghosts SP Campaign shits all over the BF4 Campaign (and is also longer). You also get Co-op missions which extend on the campaign which BF doesn't have, so in the long run if you like SP then you are going to get more out of Ghosts.

MP is another question entirely though.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Battlefield 4 for multi and CoD Ghosts for sp, probably from other people impression; didn't play any of them.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 funkyzoom

@FelipeInside said:

@funkyzoom said:

I'm sorry, but Ghosts SP Campaign shits all over the BF4 Campaign (and is also longer). You also get Co-op missions which extend on the campaign which BF doesn't have, so in the long run if you like SP then you are going to get more out of Ghosts.

Oops! Are you sure about this? Thankfully, I haven't redeemed my coupon yet. Before doing that, I logged in to see if there were any new responses, and saw yours. Still 5 days time left to redeem it. Anyway, I've heard reports that COD Ghosts is poorly optimized for the PC, so it hogs a lot of system resources even though the graphics aren't really next-gen quality. Is this true?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FelipeInside

@funkyzoom said:

@FelipeInside said:

@funkyzoom said:

Oops! Are you sure about this? Thankfully, I haven't redeemed my coupon yet. Before doing that, I logged in to see if there were any new responses, and saw yours. Still 5 days time left to redeem it. Anyway, I've heard reports that COD Ghosts is poorly optimized for the PC, so it hogs a lot of system resources even though the graphics aren't really next-gen quality. Is this true?

Strictly speaking about Single Player, like I said before, the campaign in Ghosts is a lot better than BF4. (that's my opinion but a friend of mine also thinks the same, he can't even bring himself to finish the BF4 campaign) On top of that you also get the Extinction Campaign (Co-Op) as a bonus, since BF4 doesn't have a co-op campaign.

Performance wise, the problem lies mostly on MP, which recently have been mostly fixed with the latest patch. I played all through the SP campaign and it ran fine.

Like I mentioned, on SP you get more out of Ghosts for your money than BF4.

For MP, both are good games but depends on your taste.

Benficafan_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Benficafan_101
Member since 2004 • 404 Posts

I still dont even know what the hell happened in BF4's campaign lol

Darth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Darth1337
Member since 2005 • 64 Posts

@Benficafan_101:

I feel the same way with Ghosts.

To be fair, neither developer invests nearly as much time and effort into the Campaigns as they do with Multiplayer. There's simply no reason to do so when less than a quarter of your playerbase makes it past the first level of the game.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 funkyzoom

Strictly speaking about Single Player, like I said before, the campaign in Ghosts is a lot better than BF4. (that's my opinion but a friend of mine also thinks the same, he can't even bring himself to finish the BF4 campaign) On top of that you also get the Extinction Campaign (Co-Op) as a bonus, since BF4 doesn't have a co-op campaign.

Performance wise, the problem lies mostly on MP, which recently have been mostly fixed with the latest patch. I played all through the SP campaign and it ran fine.

That's fair enough. What made me notice your response was the mention of Co-Op. I always enjoy playing co-op on the same PC with my brother. Anyway, by co-op, I hope you mean to say its something which can be played by more than one person on the same PC (like one using keyboard/mouse and the other using a gamepad). If that is the case, I'll redeem the coupon immediately, because I just love such kind of co-op gameplay.

And regarding MP, I do love it, and of course I'll be playing it. But as I mentioned in my original post, the players online seem TOO skilled for my comfort, and I never last online for too long. And with my hectic work schedule, i don't have the luxury of practicing to sharpen my skills.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

I only have Ghost, but I can probably guess that when I get BF4 I'll enjoy that campaign more than COD. Ghost is just the usual COD campaigns with the same cinematic scenes and types of missions.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside

@funkyzoom said:

That's fair enough. What made me notice your response was the mention of Co-Op. I always enjoy playing co-op on the same PC with my brother. Anyway, by co-op, I hope you mean to say its something which can be played by more than one person on the same PC (like one using keyboard/mouse and the other using a gamepad). If that is the case, I'll redeem the coupon immediately, because I just love such kind of co-op gameplay.

And regarding MP, I do love it, and of course I'll be playing it. But as I mentioned in my original post, the players online seem TOO skilled for my comfort, and I never last online for too long. And with my hectic work schedule, i don't have the luxury of practicing to sharpen my skills.

Co op on COD can't be played on the same PC sorry. PC Co-op is 99% of the time on different computers.

But if u like Co-op (u can always play with the computer or a random on the internet) then you have to buy Ghosts.

As for online skill, there is a new mode called SQUADS. Google it and see what it is about, I think that u will enjoy that.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

@Sweetbackhair said:

when I get BF4 I'll enjoy that campaign more than COD.

To be honest I think you actually won't.

I played thru the BF4 campaign and it's mostly a tech demo than an actual campaign. There were parts that were cool but some parts were really awful, especially the characters when they talked.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
@_SKatEDiRt_ said:

Battlefield 4 is more on the realistic side

You mean nowhere near realistic? It's no more realistic then CoD either...

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jebus213
@acanofcoke said:

I spent about 3 hours last night on the Bf4 campaign and so far think it's awesome. Some excellent set pieces and looks gorgeous.

Alright! Graphics and set pieces!

So you've played about 3/4 of the SP.

So hows the gameplay in this "video game"? I mean, that's what we play "video games" for right? More then just graphics and cheap cutscenes right?

Also hows the story?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FelipeInside

@Jebus213 said:
@acanofcoke said:

So hows the gameplay in this "video game"? I mean, that's what we play "video games" for right? More then just graphics and cheap cutscenes right?

Also hows the story?

Not every game is about gameplay.

Story is typical military shooter, but as a campaign the Ghosts one is much better. The monologues and conversations in BF4 made me cringe, and the main characters are so unlikeable that I wanted to shoot them.

The BF4 campaign is better than the BF3 campaign but still acts more like a tech demo than a campaign on it's own (but it's a very pretty tech demo)

LeftClick007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 LeftClick007
Member since 2013 • 77 Posts

If I only had those options I would sell the gift card, for Single Player kicks those games are terrible, the set pieces are really the only thing interesting in those games. Gameplay is terrible.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

@Jebus213 said:
@acanofcoke said:

Also hows the story?

Chill dude.

Set pieces ( didn't mention cut scenes ) are part and parcel in this type of game and generally add positively to game play which I thought was also excellent.

I enjoyed the story but as always these days it was rather short. I completed it in 4 hours ish.

Also ( spoiler )

Nice little choice to make at the end between Irish and Hannah

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I can't justify buying a game that re-used a cutscene from one of their previous titles, even if the single player STORY might be better.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jebus213
@FelipeInside said:

Story is typical military shooter

The BF4 campaign is better than the BF3 campaign

I can't believe what I'm reading here...

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jebus213

@acanofcoke said:

Set pieces add positively to game play

uh huh....

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I have always enjoyed the single player to CoD more than I did with the BF games. It feels more like a blockbuster movie. I would choose CoD if you are looking for just single player.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@leftclick007 said:

sell the gift card

And use the $$ to get a FPS with a proper campaign

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts

Out of curiousity, which RPGs?

Why not break from the usual and give those a try? If they are good RPGs, you can take your time and enjoy the story. Sure it'll have some game mechanics that aren't familiar to you, but you'll learn while playing. No need to practice and what not.

Both CoD and BF4 SP games have very short stories, which can be completed in a handful of hours. If the RPGs that you can get are good, they will last a long time.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FelipeInside

@bussinrounds said:

@leftclick007 said:

sell the gift card

And use the $$ to get a FPS with a proper campaign

Ghosts has a proper campaign, and also a proper Co-op Campaign as well.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FelipeInside

@Jebus213 said:
@FelipeInside said:

Story is typical military shooter

The BF4 campaign is better than the BF3 campaign

I can't believe what I'm reading here...

Which part?

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#32 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Although both are a little bit over the top and unrealistic in terms of story scenarios, I felt COD:Ghost campaign had more variety and better setpieces. This is just personal preferences though, I just don't like how in BF4 campaign you're only stuck with only a handful of squadmates compared to COD where you really feel like you're in a war. Both games still have cheesy writing and extremely linear. I would however recommend you try out the previous COD campaign like COD1, United Offensive, COD2, COD4, and even MW2.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Wow, this is easy. Just pick up Battlefield 4 or Ghosts and then sell them dude. Or just sell the coupon. Then you can get a great singleplayer game that you will actually like. Singleplayer or not, at the moment BF4 and Ghosts probably are not worth your money. Don't believe me? Read their forums (or user reviews) to find hundreds of people who actually bought the game who will tell you the same thing. You shouldn't have to deal with poor performance, crashing, bugs, etc. Just pick up a really good SP game that will last you hundreds of hours instead of 6.

Really, though - can you even run Ghosts ? You have to have 8GB of RAM for it to even boot up. Even people with 8gb of RAM can't get it to boot. You need a super monster PC just to play the game at medium settings. People who can max Crysis 3 have a difficult time even running this game. When researching games individually, I highly recommend to do research elsewhere. I don't recommend asking people here. Ask people who have experience with these games (or preferably both of them). Hell - How many posts in are we and people are still trying to recommend MP games to someone who doesn't play them?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

Wow, this is easy. Just pick up Battlefield 4 or Ghosts and then sell them dude. Or just sell the coupon. Then you can get a great singleplayer game that you will actually like. Singleplayer or not, at the moment BF4 and Ghosts probably are not worth your money. Don't believe me? Read their forums (or user reviews) to find hundreds of people who actually bought the game who will tell you the same thing. You shouldn't have to deal with poor performance, crashing, bugs, etc. Just pick up a really good SP game that will last you hundreds of hours instead of 6.

Really, though - can you even run Ghosts ? You have to have 8GB of RAM for it to even boot up. Even people with 8gb of RAM can't get it to boot. You need a super monster PC just to play the game at medium settings. People who can max Crysis 3 have a difficult time even running this game. When researching games individually, I highly recommend to do research elsewhere. I don't recommend asking people here. Ask people who have experience with these games (or preferably both of them). Hell - How many posts in are we and people are still trying to recommend MP games to someone who doesn't play them?

I have both games and they both work fine in the SP Campaign. I finished both campaigns. The issues are in MP which the TC isn't asking about. Do you even own any of them? You say ask people who have experience with these games, well like I said I have both.

And what's your problem if he wants to play COD or BF for the SP? There are hundreds of people that enjoy the SP and COOP of COD, or else they wouldn't make it any more.

TC, the only thing u need to be aware about Ghosts is the RAM fix, just google it and the game will work for you.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KHAndAnime

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

I have both games and they both work fine in the SP Campaign. I finished both campaigns. The issues are in MP which the TC isn't asking about. Do you even own any of them? You say ask people who have experience with these games, well like I said I have both.

And what's your problem if he wants to play COD or BF for the SP? There are hundreds of people that enjoy the SP and COOP of COD, or else they wouldn't make it any more.

TC, the only thing u need to be aware about Ghosts is the RAM fix, just google it and the game will work for you.

I don't own either. People's problems with the game pertain to SP as well (which goes to show how little you know about the situation). I'm interested in him getting his value for his money. Why do you think someone who doesn't play multiplayer is going to get their values worth from Ghosts or BF4? Do you really think Ghosts or Battlefield 4 provide a quality SP experience for $60? $10/hour of gameplay?

Really, not everyone pisses their money away so freely.

And LOL Felipe...

I'd prefer a reasonably lengthy single player campaign, and also a bit of innovation rather than simple run-and-gun.

He isn't asking for BF4 or CoD's single player. He doesn't necessarily want either game - he is simply asking "what is better given the choice". I'm saying he has more options than he thinks he does. I don't know what world you live in where BF4 and CoD gives lengthy innovative SP campaigns. Obviously not from ours.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

I don't own either. I'm interested in him getting his value for his money dude. Why do you think someone who doesn't play multiplayer is going to get their values worth from Ghosts or BF4? Do you really think Ghosts or Battlefield 4 provide a quality SP experience for $60?

I've explained that before.

If he wants to concentrate on SP, then to get bang for his money he needs to get Ghosts, since it brings a 6-7hr SP campaign, and then Extinction which is a lot more hours (even countless if u go thru all the challenges).

He mentioned he doesn't play MP cause the skill level is too high, so I recommended SQUADS which is online, but mostly against Bots so you have a chance of winning.

BF4 on the other hand just offers a short bad campaign and nothing more, so in that case I said it was not worth it.

Whether you want to believe it or not, there are a LOT of people that play COD just for the Campaign and Co-op, and don't care about MP. Just like there are a lot of people in FIFA which just play the Campaign Season, and never go online.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By KHAndAnime

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

I don't own either. I'm interested in him getting his value for his money dude. Why do you think someone who doesn't play multiplayer is going to get their values worth from Ghosts or BF4? Do you really think Ghosts or Battlefield 4 provide a quality SP experience for $60?

If he wants to concentrate on SP, then to get bang for his money he needs to get Ghosts, since it brings a 6-7hr SP campaign, and then Extinction which is a lot more hours (even countless if u go thru all the challenges).

He mentioned he doesn't play MP cause the skill level is too high, so I recommended SQUADS which is online, but mostly against Bots so you have a chance of winning.

BF4 on the other hand just offers a short bad campaign and nothing more, so in that case I said it was not worth it.

Whether you want to believe it or not, there are a LOT of people that play COD just for the Campaign and Co-op, and don't care about MP. Just like there are a lot of people in FIFA which just play the Campaign Season, and never go online.

Campaign in FIFA is a lot more substantial than the single-player of Ghosts. Apples n oranges really. I just find it funny though that you are dead-set on recommending a run-n-game to someone who already made it clear that they don't like that sort of thing. People who continually to buy new CoD games for briefy singleplayer campaigns must really love Call of Duty - the OP already said he isn't much of a fan of the series.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Campaign in FIFA is a lot more substantial than the single-player of Ghosts. Apples n oranges really. I just find it funny though that you are dead-set on recommending a run-n-game to someone who already made it clear that they don't like that sort of thing. People who continually to buy new CoD games for briefy singleplayer campaigns must really love Call of Duty - the OP already said he isn't much of a fan of the series.

I merely commented on the difference between the two on the SP side of things, cause that's what the TC asked about. And u keep thinking that the SP aspect of Ghosts is just the SP campaign, which isn't the case. You also have Extinction which is an extension of the campaign, and then even Squads which u can play SP (but need to be connected online).

In total, the SP aspect of any COD game is sometimes even longer than a normal SP FPS.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Modern mainstream FPS SP campaigns - 5-6 hour tacked-on single-player campaign, which is on rails and will take place within a tiny, linear playable corridor. It will consist mostly of QTEs, re-spawning enemies, following a quest marker, and the computer telling and showing you exactly where to shoot occasionally. It will also be piss-easy.

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#40 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

I shat over COD ghosts in 4 hours on the hardest diffulty. But I am pro gamers, most noobs take at least probably six hours. Which is better out of the two for single player? To a hardcore seasoned pro like me they're both just interactive movies. Similar to playing House of the Dead. But I would buy COD but only because it has the ice rink stage with breaking glass.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FelipeInside

@ShimmerMan said:

I shat over COD ghosts in 4 hours on the hardest diffulty. But I am pro gamers, most noobs take at least probably six hours. Which is better out of the two for single player? To a hardcore seasoned pro like me they're both just interactive movies. Similar to playing House of the Dead. But I would buy COD but only because it has the ice rink stage with breaking glass.

You sound like AdvidGamer..... thank the Lord he hasn't been back to the forums.

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#42 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@ShimmerMan said:

You sound like AdvidGamer..... thank the Lord he hasn't been back to the forums.

go home.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FelipeInside

@ShimmerMan said:

@FelipeInside said:

@ShimmerMan said:

go home.

I am, in about 15 minutes... end of the work day.... woop woop !!!

LeftClick007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By LeftClick007
Member since 2013 • 77 Posts

@bussinrounds said:

Modern mainstream FPS SP campaigns - 5-6 hour tacked-on single-player campaign, which is on rails and will take place within a tiny, linear playable corridor. It will consist mostly of QTEs, re-spawning enemies, following a quest marker, and the computer telling and showing you exactly where to shoot occasionally. It will also be piss-easy.

Listen to this man, he knows.

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

Shooting waves of bots got boring in 2007.

Battlefield campaign is a pointless effort, just some fancy fireworks and physics display during some action scene and that's all.

As everyone is saying, Ghosts's is more enjoyable, slightly modified cod engine and has that alien thing instead of zombies.

You said you don't care about MP, these game's campaings are like 6-7h, if you ever want to get into it on pc, you'd better do it on bf4, cod online part in pc gets empty in no time

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#46 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts

I though the sp for BF4 was pretty entertaining...not really challenging but definitely entertaining. Lots of different environments and big set pieces. I enjoyed it more than the BF3 campaign.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#47 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

I enjoyed the slightly open-ended maps where you can use vehicles and/or need to evade or destroy tanks. Sadly, a portion of it was still linear. I would have loved to see those open-ended ones, definitely an improvement from BF3 but still really short campaign length.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

ghosts obviously