BF3 end game maps revealed with screens

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

The four maps were revealed recently and a screenshot for each was shown, they all look pretty cool but very simialr to maps we have gotten before

Operation RiversideEnd_Game_Operation_Riverside_Water2.jpg

Operation Riverside: Supports the modes Capture the Flag, Air Superiority, Conquest, Rush, Squad Rush, Team Deathmatch, and Squad Deathmatch. Caters somewhat towards infantry action rather than all-out vehicle warfare.

Nebandan FlatsEnd_Game_Nebandan_Flats_Water.jpg

Nebandan Flats: Supports Capture the Flag, Air Superiority, Conquest, Rush, Squad Rush, Team Deathmatch, and Squad Deathmatch. The relative openness of the desert setting allows for full freedom of movement for the entire range of vehicles at disposal in Battlefield 3 multiplayer.

Kiasar Railroad

End_Game_Kiasar_Railroad_Water.jpg

Kiasar Railroad: Supports Capture the Flag, Air Superiority, Conquest, Rush, Squad Rush, Team Deathmatch, and Squad Deathmatch. While this map also has ample opportunity for dirt bike riders to catch big air, the jumps on Kiasar Railroad are typically more carefully molded into the landscape itself, or not as obvious.

Sabalan Pipeline (Looks like Port valdez meets Op Firestorm)End_Game_Sabalan_Pipeline_Water.jpg

Sabalan Pipeline: Supports the modes Capture the Flag, Air Superiority, Conquest, Rush, Squad Rush, Team Deathmatch, and Squad Deathmatch. Similar to Operation Riverside, Sabalan Pipeline was built to cater for a mix of vehicle and infantry gameplay but has fewer and narrower roads that are important to control if you want to dominate the opposition.

Source

#2 Posted by G-O-A-T (244 posts) -

That snow level looks nice. Can't wait to play air superiority. These levels give me a BFBC2 vibe which is a good thing

#3 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

Sean... They don't look at all similar...to maps before. I'm looking forward to the Flats and Railroad. I wonder if it will have a real-time train running through the map.. That would be cool..

Edit:  Okay, okay, maybe Pipeline is BC2-inspired. :P  To me, that's a good thing.  Looking forward to that one.  I love snow maps.

#4 Posted by klusps (10381 posts) -

Can't wait for air superiority! 

#5 Posted by biggest_loser (24029 posts) -
Can't wait to try Capture the Flag! :D
#6 Posted by bonafidetk (3820 posts) -
They look pretty flat. Hopefully that will stop a lot of the hilltop wannabe snipers.
#7 Posted by TwistedShade (3149 posts) -

Looking good, minus the flat's level. Those flat desert level's just don't do it for me.

#8 Posted by wis3boi (31103 posts) -

Those look pretty cool.  CTF should also be really interesting

#9 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Sean... They don't look at all similar...to maps before. I'm looking forward to the Flats and Railroad. I wonder if it will have a real-time train running through the map.. That would be cool..

Edit:  Okay, okay, maybe Pipeline is BC2-inspired. :P  To me, that's a good thing.  Looking forward to that one.  I love snow maps.

Elann2008

Riverside has a Noshar canals feel, especially the D flag on Noshar looks like that area in the pic. The snow map looks like Port Valdez and Op Firestorm combined and the snow bringing Alborz vibes. The railroad level looks like The lower areas on Alborz with all the trees with a bit of Death Valley mixed in. Flats I will admit doesn't look like anything there, but it's a big desert like Bandar

#10 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Those look pretty cool.  CTF should also be really interesting

wis3boi

Apparenlt you don't just run over the flag either to pick it up like Tribes or something like that. You have to capture it like a flag in conquest. More guys around means you capture it quicker, so if the enemy team gets killed and you get to your flag again, they have some time to get back and attack again before you send your flag back to your base. You can also attach flags to any vehicle including tanks and maybe even choppers

I think it could be really cool.

#11 Posted by letric5 (2 posts) -
Along with dirtbiking trolls that should keep the sniping down to a bearable level... XD not just tag stealing but Dirt Bike raping especially with the speed boost. What does suck though is the random Flag points there will obviously be some unfair advantages with Flag base points, as well as outmaneuvering vehicles with a dirtbike especially as I'd imagine tanks not being able to turn fast enough to fire especially if the bike is zigzagging if the driver is even remotely smart.... Outmaneuvering somebody sometimes beats pure brute force and firepower....
#12 Posted by letric5 (2 posts) -
Actually that would be for recovering a flag... No insta-recover instead you have what you said but picking up a flag must be done on foot which is rather stupid but necessary to keep balance in the game... You must walk up to an enemy flag and grab it which means you instantly have it just by walking up to it but escape routes are what is meant to make you think long and hard about capping stuff
#13 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

OMG...I so want to play on that Port Valdez lookalike, Port Valdez is one of my fav BC2 maps!

#14 Posted by WiiMan21 (8157 posts) -

"Each map is comparable in size to Caspian Border and Operation Firestorm from the base game, and each one has been carefully created to cater to the new dirt bike, along with the new AA vehicles."

All I needed to read to be excited for it, the last expansion pack was meh to me but was cool and I haven't played it since the 3rd expansion.

#15 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

1st map looks like Heavy Metal from BC2.

#16 Posted by MacBoomStick (1948 posts) -

Great. Now give me commander, 6 player squads, and encourage teamwork and I'm in. Also, make the maps bigger.

#17 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

I love the large focus on natural environments. If there's one big thing I miss from BC2's maps, it was the array of jungle, desert and snow maps.

#18 Posted by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -

Those look pretty cool. A side of me regrets not buying BF3 Premium, since there are tons of maps and modes in the game now compared to when it first launched, but I haven't played in awhile. I tried playing the other day and could barely find any servers that didn't have the expansions. I ended up joining a server wehre my ping was over 100 ust because I wanted to play. That snow map looks awesome though.

#19 Posted by SentientMind (342 posts) -

Man, i was really hoping for a NYC map, with simulated traffic, buildings you could hide in etc.... guess I will have to wait for BF4

#20 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

Man, i was really hoping for a NYC map, with simulated traffic, buildings you could hide in etc.... guess I will have to wait for BF4

SentientMind
I want that Train on the Railroad map! Imagine jumping over it with a motorcycle.
#21 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="SentientMind"]

Elann2008

I want that Train on the Railroad map! Imagine jumping over it with a motorcycle.

Though I don't see them adding "simulated traffic" to a BF map ever, I would love for more dynamic changing maps.

Though you can blow things up and change buildings, the destruction is more limited from BC2, and things like the giant tower falling in Caspian Border are rare. Maps where a big train comes through the middle, or where a giant bridge in the middle can be blown up to change everything would be sweet.

#22 Posted by BSC14 (3655 posts) -

When do these drop?

#23 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
all of those maps remind me of bc2 in some way, which isn't a bad thing.
#24 Posted by kozzy1234 (35153 posts) -

Looks pretty awesome, same with that last video that was shown. I really need to get BF3 Premium one day :lol:

A few of the maps do remind me of BF2, still look cool though!

#25 Posted by wis3boi (31103 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="SentientMind"]

SPYDER0416

Though I don't see them adding "simulated traffic" to a BF map ever, I would love for more dynamic changing maps.

Though you can blow things up and change buildings, the destruction is more limited from BC2, and things like the giant tower falling in Caspian Border are rare. Maps where a big train comes through the middle, or where a giant bridge in the middle can be blown up to change everything would be sweet.

That tower falling in caspian is a scripted event when the round ends.  Also, I'm glad they went with the new destruction compared to BC2. BC2 was the same empty cardboard houses with the same crappy falling animation every time.  I think the dammage I can do to the urban centers in BF3 is far superior

DFEB9BF6BFC91F3D92E995B575DA472DB2108C47

#26 Posted by klusps (10381 posts) -

Looks pretty awesome, same with that last video that was shown. I really need to get BF3 Premium one day :lol:

A few of the maps do remind me of BF2, still look cool though!

kozzy1234

I picked up mine last Christmas on an Amazon deal for $20. Well worth it. :P

#27 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Looks awesome.  I am so glad I bought premium recently.  SOme awesome maps and modes.  I really enjoy Gun Master :P.

#28 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"] I want that Train on the Railroad map! Imagine jumping over it with a motorcycle. wis3boi

That tower falling in caspian is a scripted event when the round ends.  Also, I'm glad they went with the new destruction compared to BC2. BC2 was the same empty cardboard houses with the same crappy falling animation every time.  I think the dammage I can do to the urban centers in BF3 is far superior

DFEB9BF6BFC91F3D92E995B575DA472DB2108C47

Yeah I was referring to scripted events like the tower falling, I think we need more of those in every map.

I mean, seeing the tower fall on a chopper is great, but being able to have a moment like that in every map at some point would be just amazing.

#29 Posted by wis3boi (31103 posts) -

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

SPYDER0416

Yeah I was referring to scripted events like the tower falling, I think we need more of those in every map.

I mean, seeing the tower fall on a chopper is great, but being able to have a moment like that in every map at some point would be just amazing.

A bridge of office building falling would be cool.  Also if you have Aftermath, some of the maps have earthquakes randomly

#30 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

When do these drop?

BSC14
March 5th.
#31 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

A bridge of office building falling would be cool.  Also if you have Aftermath, some of the maps have earthquakes randomly

Though I like the earthquakes, I wish more would come from them. Sure they can throw off your aim, but having a major building in the map collapse in the middle of one would be a cool sight to behold.