This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Quakeroat (225 posts) -
other than Half Life 2 // Counter Strike. I have some extra cash and was planning on picking up a steam game.
#2 Posted by wicster (242 posts) -
dreamfall is pretty good, and jade empire is coming out on steam soon.
#3 Posted by Wetall_basic (4086 posts) -
They have a sale going on now for Darwinia/Uplink. Darwinia is a great strategy game,and as for Uplink,I only ever played the demo,but I hear good things. Other than that theres Psychonauts,a great action/adventure type game and very funny.
#4 Posted by no1alboogie (1360 posts) -
........ if you've never played PainKiller, give it a shot; I thought it was a pretty good game. It's about dirt cheap now, even with the expansion. I think they have the demo too. I thought the BloodRayne games were pretty good too, the second one being a little better, in my opinion. Demos for them too. Good Luck
#5 Posted by X-Fade (2681 posts) -
Day of defeat: Source is pretty good if you don't have it from before or Medievil II: Total War is also awesome :)
#6 Posted by Sephiroth__666 (1262 posts) -
........ if you've never played PainKiller, give it a shot; I thought it was a pretty good game. It's about dirt cheap now, even with the expansion. I think they have the demo too. I thought the BloodRayne games were pretty good too, the second one being a little better, in my opinion. Demos for them too. Good Luckno1alboogie

Painkiller rules!!
#7 Posted by thusaha (14495 posts) -
Dreamfall and Darwinia.
#8 Posted by timma25 (1131 posts) -

If your looking for something different and alot of fun, try out the Ship. They recently had a free weekend, and it convinced me to buy it.(needs more players tho)

#9 Posted by Sparky-05 (2015 posts) -
I love my Day of Defeat, get Day of Defeat!
#10 Posted by zero9167 (14554 posts) -
The ship is cool. and Dark messiah
#11 Posted by Drizzt_xx (343 posts) -
Garrys Mod 10
#12 Posted by Artosa (5063 posts) -
painkillers on steam?gonna have to get it
#13 Posted by Planeforger (15488 posts) -
I highly recommend Psychonauts, Pirates, X3, Civilisation IV, and Ghost Master (an extremely underrated gem, despite getting 8.8 here on Gamespot).
#14 Posted by nic0008 (250 posts) -
Day of defeat
#15 Posted by Marcinkonys (5333 posts) -
GMOD 10.
#16 Posted by Rigges (191 posts) -

DOD : source is a great game, a different feel to counter-strike but that isn't a bad thing.  The Ship is very interesting, different and fun, but after a few hours of playing (and doing pretty well, I love killing my killer) I suddenly got super bored. I guess it is just a bit slow for my blood, so if you are a fast paced FPS fan be careful with that one, you might want to try it out first.  Dreamfall TLJ is kinda the same I guess, but if you really love a well told story that might be a good one to get.  In fact if you just want to try something different the Ship and Dreamfall TLJ are worth a look for sure.

Oh another note, you might hold out for HL EP:2 and get Portal and TF 2 all together in one, that sounds sweet to me.  Then again, you never know how long you'd have to wait for that with Valves track record, and now EA in on it, gotta be messy. (eta:  Fall 2007)

#17 Posted by roulettethedog (10946 posts) -
I love Day of Defeat: Source and this game has players 24/7, but if you don't have a high speed connection ,skip DOD:S
#18 Posted by akeanon (93 posts) -
I highly recommend Psychonauts, Pirates, X3, Civilisation IV, and Ghost Master (an extremely underrated gem, despite getting 8.8 here on Gamespot).
Planeforger

Holy cow...I loved Ghostmaster!  I gotta find my copy so I can scare me some humans!
#19 Posted by SWIFFT (764 posts) -
Dreamfall and Darwinia.
thusaha
I wouldn't say its the best game but I gave the shadowrun demo a try and thought it was pretty cool.
#20 Posted by santa_far (1 posts) -
counterstrike source, team fortress 2, garys mod, battlefield bad company 2( best muiltiplayer)
#21 Posted by halo2_4_pc (1561 posts) -

Team Fortress 2. Buy it now.

#22 Posted by biggest_loser (24011 posts) -
Left 4 Dead 2. It has infinite replay value. Also, Tales of Monkey Island is fantastic. Read my review if you like.
#23 Posted by Esoteric (720 posts) -

No one noticed this thread is almost 4 years old?