OrcsP2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 OrcsP2
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

What are the best skyrim mods to download?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch(es) A community made patch for fixing bugs/issues with Skyrim and other DLCs. May increase performance and reduce crashes.
  • SkyUI A User Interface mod that completely overhauls the UI of Skyrim's inventory menus & more to be/look a TON better. MUST HAVE
  • iHUD A mod created by Gopher. Hides the HUD when you don't need it, shows the HUD when you do need it! Simply amazing.
  • A Quality World Map - With Roads Adds the roads, trails, and paths of Skyrim to the World Map.
  • XCE - Xenius Character Enhancement Mod that makes the skin textures of NPCs and your character look much better.
  • Ethereal Elven Overhaul Ethereal Elven Overhaul is a comprehensive revamp of the elf races of Skyrim. It alters every aspect of their facial features to a more appealing look, while remaining faithful to the original work and striving for realism. EEO also affects every elven NPC in the game and comes with new presets.
  • Apachii Sky Hair The most commonly used hair mod. Adds dozens of new, high-quality hairstyles to males and females.
  • Climates of Tamriel Weather system overhaul mod for Skyrim, with hundreds of new weather patterns/systems and environmental sound effects.
  • Enhanced Blood Textures Stellar mod that adds better blood effects and new ones too. Very highly recommended.
  • Book Covers Book Covers is a mod that gives books a colorful, designed, unique cover. Simple, but incredible mod.
  • Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons HD Adds custom labels to all potions and poisons in Skyrim.
  • Booze Bottles HD Replaces the textures of alcoholic beverages with a unique and great looking label
  • Skyrim 2K HD "HD Texture Overhaul" of Skyrim.
  • Vurt's Floral Overhaul This mod retextures the plants, trees, flowers, grass of Skyrim to be more photo-realistic and more varied.
  • Pure Waters Pure Waters overhauls the waters in Skyrim - fixing flow, better textures, etc.
  • Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM This mod fixes a lot of UV mapping mesh errors, and even adds some new 3d models in!
  • Interesting NPCs A+ quality mod that adds dozens of new NPCs, most of which are voiced, that are interesting! Most of them have dozens of lines of dialogue, and there are a few NPCs you can meet that are "super followers".
  • Convenient Horses Tons of new awesome features for horses, including armor, mounted looting+talking, mounted combat for NPC followers, and more.
  • Footprints Now when you walk in snow, you leave a footprint behind!
  • No Spinning Death Animation Removes the unnatural spinning death animation that happens when you or NPCs die, and replaces it with a realistic ragdoll.
  • Player Headtracking Your character turns his/her head to look at other NPCs when they are talking, passing by, and more. Great immersion mod when in 3rd person.
  • Wet and Cold NPCs will equip rain hoods when its raining and head for cover, when NPCs are out in cold climates their breath has a "steam" effect, they wear gloves and hoods, and more.
  • Clanking Armor Adds a metallic "clanking" noise when you walk/run/sprint, when you are wearing heavy armor or heavy armor boots like iron, daedric, dwarven, etc.
  • Auto Unequip Ammo Mod that makes is that you automatically unequip arrows from your character when you are not using a bow.
  • Better Quest Objectives Mod that adds more text information to your journal of many quests. Better for immersion.

Head over to Nexus bro, heaps more mods.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Don't you need something extra if you are going to add a lot of mods to Skyrim?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@horgen said:

Yeah just use a mod manager, ModOrganizer is one of them a lot of people use and swear by.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

# After messing with mods for months, I've got to say following this guide (with many of the optionals) gave me excellent results:

http://skyrim-beautification-project.com/

Even if you don't use an ENB, I suggest looking into the latest ENBHost/D3D9.dll combo along with the latest SKSE scripting mod as they contain two sets of memory issue fixes that allow for an infinitely improved (stable and faster running) modding experience.

OrcsP2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OrcsP2
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

@wg_mcfartypants said:

# After messing with mods for months, I've got to say following this guide (with many of the optionals) gave me excellent results:

Even if you don't use an ENB, I suggest looking into the latest ENBHost/D3D9.dll combo along with the latest SKSE scripting mod as they contain two sets of memory issue fixes that allow for an infinitely improved (stable and faster running) modding experience.

That's perfect. my set up is:

z87 motherboard

i5 4440

8 gb ram

geforce gtx 760 2gb oc edition

how many mods can i use without having stability issues?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By horgen  Moderator

@OrcsP2 said:

@wg_mcfartypants said:

z87 motherboard

i5 4440

8 gb ram

That no one can answer. It depends on the mods themselves.

@wg_mcfartypants said:

I'm going to look into this!

@BattleSpectre said:

@horgen said:

Yeah just use a mod manager, ModOrganizer is one of them a lot of people use and swear by.

Ah, like I used the nexus mod manager before. I'll go back to use it again since one of my mods is giving me errors now. The only one I dl through the NMM. The rest I have taken from Steam.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@OrcsP2 said:

What are the best skyrim mods to download?

Your one stop shop

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58947 Posts

Skyre and ACE. Both can work in conjunction.

Graphics wise, probably best to just go with what like best.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 04dcarraher
@horgen said:

@OrcsP2 said:

@wg_mcfartypants said:

z87 motherboard

i5 4440

8 gb ram

That no one can answer. It depends on the mods themselves.

@wg_mcfartypants said:

I'm going to look into this!

@BattleSpectre said:

@horgen said:

Ah, like I used the nexus mod manager before. I'll go back to use it again since one of my mods is giving me errors now. The only one I dl through the NMM. The rest I have taken from Steam.

Yeah Ive already tweaked (increased the two separate memory buffers that skyrim uses and it helped alot , And with NMM you can manually download the mods and add them into NMM

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 horgen  Moderator

@04dcarraher said:

Yeah Ive already tweaked (increased the two separate memory buffers that skyrim uses and it helped alot , And with NMM you can manually download the mods and add them into NMM

Hmm... Which ones, how and how did it help?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 04dcarraher

@horgen said:

@04dcarraher said:

Hmm... Which ones, how and how did it help?

The main one really helps there is an guide it uses skse to bypass Skyrim default usage limit its helps with crashes,freezes http://enbdev.com/ctdfix.html