Best simulator game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by wicked_two (9 posts) -
Whats your favorite simulator game?
#2 Posted by MonsieurX (30484 posts) -
Farming Simulator 2011 Street Cleaning Simulator
#3 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16425 posts) -

FSX

#4 Posted by wicked_two (9 posts) -
FSX is good but you need joystick n stuff
#5 Posted by Masenkoe (4888 posts) -

Well for me it's Street Cleaning Sim, it shows just how good a sim can be.

A close second would be Oregon Trail. Classico

#6 Posted by hgasf006 (165 posts) -
Train Simulator. CHOO CHOO
#7 Posted by WiiRocks66 (3488 posts) -

FSX

jun_aka_pekto

This, no contest. If you are looking for a cheap joystick, then go for the Saitek Aviator or Cyborg X. They're both great joysticks for 30-40 bucks.

#8 Posted by DraugenCP (8477 posts) -

Arma 2.

#9 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23614 posts) -
MW3
#10 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16425 posts) -

Arma 2.

DraugenCP

That would be my choice for a non-flight simulator. If you start messing around with the editor and put in enough AI/objects, you can bring a PC to its knees as well.

#11 Posted by wicked_two (9 posts) -
MW3JigglyWiggly_
lol
#12 Posted by Silicel1 (2342 posts) -
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Farming Simulator 2011 Street Cleaning Simulator

Yes yes yes yes yes yes ........
#13 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -
It's not a great game, but I must admit I enjoy the most recent Train Simulator more than I should. (don't own any DLC, though, that stuff is a hilarious ripoff)
#14 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16425 posts) -

An alternative to FSx would be X-Plane 9.

Some screenies I had while doing dual-monitor:

and DCS: Black Shark. Both seem to have steeper learning curve than FSX although I find the latter the most fun. For some reason, I have a harder time trimming aircraft in X-Plane 9 than FSX.

#15 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

2004 and FSX for commercial and general aviation, iL2 Sturmovik and sequels for WWII aerial combat, LoMac and sequels, Falcon 4.0 for modern day flight combat and Rise of Flight for WWI. Train Simulator 2012 for trains and Cities in Motion for a transportation sim (I have been having fun with this and includes some cities I have been to in the past).

#16 Posted by HyperWarlock (3261 posts) -

After playing Street cleaning simulator I became a much happier person, starting eating right and stayed away from the drink. It really showed me how one game can change my life. It was so motivational and I want them to make a sequel. Mabey it will stop world hunger as I'm well aware the first game was close to doing.

#17 Posted by MythPro1 (2746 posts) -

After playing Street cleaning simulator I became a much happier person, starting eating right and stayed away from the drink. It really showed me how one game can change my life. It was so motivational and I want them to make a sequel. Mabey it will stop world hunger as I'm well aware the first game was close to doing.

HyperWarlock
I hear they're introducing patients to this game in the recovery/treatment wards of major hospitals around the world. Supposedly, the patient's odds of surviving increase by 90%.
#18 Posted by Postal_Guy (2643 posts) -

IL-2: Sturmovik

#19 Posted by Sleepyz (3786 posts) -

Someone mentioned Farming simulator and was probably joking but i actually like that game alot. I'm hoping for a farming simulator 2012.

#20 Posted by MythPro1 (2746 posts) -

Someone mentioned Farming simulator and was probably joking but i actually like that game alot. I'm hoping for a farming simulator 2012.

Sleepyz
I've been wanting to buy it myself, but I'm waiting for the right price.
#21 Posted by CUDGEdave (2590 posts) -

This one!

w

#22 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

Microsoft Flight

#23 Posted by dsgsdfgf (1004 posts) -

GTR 2, Rfactor, FSX

#24 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

Microsoft Flight

tjricardo089

You have got to be kidding or seriously trolling this thread with that answer. :|

#25 Posted by WiiRocks66 (3488 posts) -

Microsoft Flight

tjricardo089

Flight isn't even a simulator...

#26 Posted by CUDGEdave (2590 posts) -

[QUOTE="tjricardo089"]

Microsoft Flight

WiiRocks66

Flight isn't even a simulator...

+1 to that,It's like playing pilotwings.

#27 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5390 posts) -
I've heard the DCS series of simulators are very good. There's Black Shark (helicopter) and Warthog (plane).
#28 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

I've heard the DCS series of simulators are very good. There's Black Shark (helicopter) and Warthog (plane).PernicioEnigma

They are from the creators of LoMac. Shame that Ubi lost them or gave them up.

#30 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16425 posts) -

I'm curious about MS Flight. Does it have a weather engine as good (as far as customizing go) as the one in FSX? If it does, I might consider it just for that aspect.

#31 Posted by Aldouz (1203 posts) -
Street Cleaning Simulator
#32 Posted by WiiRocks66 (3488 posts) -

I'm curious about MS Flight. Does it have a weather engine as good (as far as customizing go) as the one in FSX? If it does, I might consider it just for that aspect.

jun_aka_pekto

Nope, not even close. There are just some presets. At least in the beta, but I can't see the final product being much better.

#33 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16425 posts) -

Crap. I guess I'm sticking with FSX and turning it into FS11. I'll just have to get a better rig for it.

I got REX and parts of FTX/Orbyx. I'll buy the GEX products once I get a new PC.

#34 Posted by CaptainAhab13 (5121 posts) -
Train Simulator, Street Cleaning Simulator, The Sims 2.
#35 Posted by wicked_two (9 posts) -
Euro truck sim is quite good. Only 200mb download on pirate bay :P
#36 Posted by topsemag55 (19063 posts) -
Sid Meier's Railroads. In the single-player, the AI is playing an historic railroad baron from actual history.
#37 Posted by TheOtherTheoG (2287 posts) -
Simbin's racing sims, particularly GTR 2 and GT Legends.
#38 Posted by guildclaws (7907 posts) -
Street Cleaning Simulator!
#39 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16425 posts) -

There's also the Third Wire flight sims