Best racers on PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

I've been meaning to play a racer now for a while now (besides Mario Kart I've never played a racing game.. heh) and seeing stuff like Forza, trailers for Project Cars and The Crew and the likes have just fuelled my interest even more. I don't have a ps4 or Xbox One, but I have a PC I'm going to upgrade soon.

So which game do you guys recommend? Or do you recommend I wait for The Crew or Project Cars?

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@ianhh6: Assetto Corsa from what I have seen looks to be the best until the release of Project Cars. F1 2014 might be a decent game too.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Project Cars

Asetto Corsa

Trackmania, United Nations or Canyon,Stadium,Valley

Next Car Game: Wreckfest

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

if your looking for something more acrade like then trackmania is well worth a play. its got crazy courses generated by the community. its SP is basic but play online and its a brilliant game. one of the best communities in gaming also.

accessible but kinda sim then F1 2013 is worth a look. from what i hear 2014 has less content. personally i prefer 2010 (im not kind to tyres :P) but i dont know if codemasters ever patched the games for windows live stuff out. i think there is another F1 game due sometime in the first half of 2015 thats built with the new consoles in mind though...could also be worth waiting for.

the colin mcrae games are also worth a look for rallying. i still have a soft spot for 2005. i never got on with the dirt series though.

i woudlnt know where to look for a more detailed sim.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Asetto Corsa is the one, although its a simulator and very serious and realistic, if you don't have a steering wheel pedal combo you wont get the best out this game.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Dirt 2 and 3.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts
Loading Video...

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Cant believe no-one mentioned GRID yet, the latest is GRID: Autosport

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@ianhh6: Check out the The Crew (a racing MMO with RPG-like leveling up) which comes out in about a month (December 2nd). The beta was absolutely excellent and praised by pretty much everyone. It currently has 94% positive reviews on Steam. I played the beta and even with the very limited content the beta had it was a ton of fun. I'd even go as far as saying the beta alone was one of the best racing game experiences I've had this decade. Definitely worth checking out.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/241560/

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@saintsatan said:

@ianhh6: Check out the The Crew (a racing MMO with RPG-like leveling up) which comes out in about a month (December 2nd). The beta was absolutely excellent and praised by pretty much everyone. It currently has 94% positive reviews on Steam. I played the beta and even with the very limited content the beta had it was a ton of fun. I'd even go as far as saying the beta alone was one of the best racing game experiences I've had this decade. Definitely worth checking out.

Yeah it was fun... but I'm worried now because Ubisoft have said they "might" include a 60fps option for PC. Ridiculous statement.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11  Edited By insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Assetto Corsa, GRID 1 & 2, DiRT 2 & 3, NFS Hot Pursuit, NFS Most Wanted '05 / '12.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@ianhh6 said:

I've been meaning to play a racer now for a while now (besides Mario Kart I've never played a racing game.. heh) and seeing stuff like Forza, trailers for Project Cars and The Crew and the likes have just fuelled my interest even more. I don't have a ps4 or Xbox One, but I have a PC I'm going to upgrade soon.

So which game do you guys recommend? Or do you recommend I wait for The Crew or Project Cars?

NFS Rivals, Grid Autosport, NFS Most Wanted (new)

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I am excited for The Crew, but I really enjoy iRACING, NFS Shift 2, Burnout 2, and thinking about getting Assetto Corsa.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@saintsatan said:

Yeah it was fun... but I'm worried now because Ubisoft have said they "might" include a 60fps option for PC. Ridiculous statement.

Even if they don't you know it will be fixable by editing the config file in 5 seconds flat, it's really not a big deal.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RimacBugatti

@insane_metalist: I have a question for you if you don't mind. I'm going to get Assetto Corsa but I am trying to find someone that sells the physical version as I don't particularly buy Digital downloads?

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

@insane_metalist: I have a question for you if you don't mind. I'm going to get Assetto Corsa but I am trying to find someone that sells the physical version as I don't particularly buy Digital downloads?

The game is still Early Access and you will not find a physical copy.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

Assetto Corsa is the way to go. Don't worry about the way you get it, embrace the digital future. It's an awesome game. A wheel makes it perfect but you can find good configs for controllers if you do some searching.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RimacBugatti

@pyro1245: I'm probably going to use the Xbox One controller with my laptop.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

If you like Rally check out Richard Burns rally. It's old (2004 I think) but it's the best rally game out there.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Thanks guys! I'm undecided between Dirt 3 and Trackmania, I'd give Grid: Autosport a chance but the other two are cheaper and I'm only gonna be playing until I get The Crew or Project Cars.

Any last advice regarding these two?

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

nfs underground 2

ramana0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ramana0123
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

moto gp bike racing free download pc game full version - MotoGP 08 Demo: The officialgame of the 2008 racing season, and much more programs......anyone provide the link to my racing game.......motogp is my favorite.....

TotalGandu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TotalGandu
Member since 2014 • 34 Posts

@ianhh6:

Well it might not be the best in graphics. But I personally enjoy Need for Speed World. It's free to play (You can pay for upgrades such as cars and boost etc) and I just like the fact I am playing against live players.

Like Cute little Ninjas? Check out the Ninjaking game for your mobile phone - http://bit.ly/1saFKJH