This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by p00zer (2514 posts) -

Simple really. Which PC game had the best sniping (and why)? Whether it be best sniping level, or best online sniping? For me it's still MOHAA. It had a great arcade quality to it, and the axis' sights just had a lot of personality to them for the time :). Though BC2 is catching up, since I love the gravity and wind mechanics they implemented.

#3 Posted by akbar13 (2186 posts) -

Simple really. Which PC game had the best sniping (and why)? Whether it be best sniping level, or best online sniping? For me it's still MOHAA. It had a great arcade quality to it, and the axis' sights just had a lot of personality to them for the time :). Though BC2 is catching up, since I love the gravity and wind mechanics they implemented.

p00zer
Sniper Elite?
#4 Posted by psn8214 (14924 posts) -

Arma 2 has the most realistic sniping mechanics, and it's incredibly satisfying to line up a successful shot given this.

#5 Posted by XD4NTESINF3RNOX (7438 posts) -
 By far the best sniping
#6 Posted by takeiteazy3 (743 posts) -
[QUOTE="XD4NTESINF3RNOX"] By far the best sniping

for me too :D
#7 Posted by iliatay (1325 posts) -

p00zer
arma 2 and probably bc2
#8 Posted by mouthforbathory (2114 posts) -

BF2 is probably the most satisfying for me, considering unlike BC2, you don't see the tracer. That makes it much more difficult to judge multiple shots if you can't see the dust being kicked by where the round landed. ArmA and ArmA 2 are hella hard as well, if not more so. And Sniper Elite gets of course an honorable mention because it made realistic ballistics so cool, before any game really had them. I think next to BF2, I like the STALKER series implementation of ballistics. Shots will ricochet off the ground at the proper angle. In Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat, bullets not only have ballistics and ricochet, they have material penetration. If you've ever played the games when it turns dark in the game world, it's amazing to see tracers go into a tree trunk and fall out the other side.

#9 Posted by Sharpie125 (3904 posts) -

Allied Assault's sniping was the most dangerous job in multiplayer. Regular rifles had the same range and anybody who could see you could probably hear you. I loved the sound the Springfield gave off.

#10 Posted by with_teeth26 (6059 posts) -

Medal of Honor games always had great sniping (and great gunplay in general).

Airborne is probably the best i know of, the sniper rifles had a great feel to them, and when you made a headshot there would be a satisfying 'ping' sound as well as an icon that appeared in the corner of the screen indicating you had made one.

#11 Posted by Ant0n89 (665 posts) -
CoD2 for me =/
#12 Posted by Wasdie (49631 posts) -

ArmA 2 + ACE 2. You won't find better sniping ever.

#13 Posted by Evilmeanie (423 posts) -

In Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat, bullets not only have ballistics and ricochet, they have material penetration.

mouthforbathory

I realize that you may know about it, but in case you don't....

In BC2, you can aim your sniper rifle at a wooden fence and hurt/kill the dude on the other side. The wooden fence will disappear (and shooting the fence line all to pieces is not a bad sniper strategy if you have an ammo box around), so it is is not penetration as much as destruction.

EM

#14 Posted by mrbojangles25 (31985 posts) -

Joint Operations was pretty awesome. It was pretty much the Battlefield series before the Battlefield series came about, only JO was beautiful, set outside, had awesome vehicles, and 150 PERSON MULTIPLAYER

anyway, sniping was incredibly fun in that. Bullet drop and distance to target was a factor, and you actually could dial in the range into your scope! It was pretty fun

#15 Posted by rgsniper1 (9341 posts) -

I'm not sure it's the best, but the most fun i've had would be during Operation Flashpoint.

#16 Posted by mrbojangles25 (31985 posts) -

I'm not sure it's the best, but the most fun i've had would be during Operation Flashpoint.

rgsniper1

yay! someone else played the game lol

#17 Posted by ZuluEcho14 (8225 posts) -
Sniper Elite.
#18 Posted by Vic_Vega1994 (1397 posts) -

By far the best sniping XD4NTESINF3RNOX

I'd have to agree

#19 Posted by mrbojangles25 (31985 posts) -

[QUOTE="XD4NTESINF3RNOX"]

*pic of TF2 sniper*

By far the best sniping Vic_Vega1994

I'd have to agree

TFC sniper disagrees!

I loved the lazer dot lag, how you "laso'd" it on enemies lol

#20 Posted by sumer03 (2 posts) -

In my POV he sniper games will be mo sophisticated if we play it in the hardest mode on the very first moment. 

In my view 

1. Sniper Ghost Warrior - I = Best gift for my enemy
  2. Sniper Ghost Warrior - II = More stealthy game, Perfect for sniper moves.
  3. Sniper Elite V2 = Best bulet cam, but stupid AI. 
#21 Posted by MonsieurX (29569 posts) -

In my POV he sniper games will be mo sophisticated if we play it in the hardest mode on the very first moment. 

In my view 

1. Sniper Ghost Warrior - I = Best gift for my enemy
  2. Sniper Ghost Warrior - II = More stealthy game, Perfect for sniper moves.
  3. Sniper Elite V2 = Best bulet cam, but stupid AI. 
sumer03
Good job bumping a 3 years old thread