*Best PC demo of ALL time*

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LTZH (2704 posts) -
I gota go with the BF2 MP demo.
#2 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12185 posts) -
Unreal Tournament 2004's demo was pretty good IMO.
#3 Posted by PredatorRules (7051 posts) -

SupCom....lol just kidding

Dark Messiah - delivered best demo experience - made me want to kill that cyclop

#4 Posted by RK-Mara (11488 posts) -

Dark Messiah - delivered best demo experience - made me want to kill that cyclop

PredatorRules

:o good one. I couldn't wait for the game after it. Demos rarely do that for me.

#5 Posted by Amir_1 (2372 posts) -

I gota go with the BF2 MP demo.LTZH

QFT

#6 Posted by BTOG46 (209 posts) -
[QUOTE="PredatorRules"]

RK-Mara

:o good one. I couldn't wait for the game after it. Demos rarely do that for me.

Same here, Ubi even used my "save Kevin" thread from the DM forum tavern in one of their DMhome page ads, but I wasn't too keen on the finished game though.

#7 Posted by smokeydabear076 (22105 posts) -
UT 2004 demo was awesome.
#9 Posted by stygiansanity (3183 posts) -
bf2 mp was a great demo, now that you remind me
#10 Posted by J-REAL (595 posts) -
I got to go with World in Conflict. Now that demo is off the chain!
#11 Posted by 19chevelle72 (186 posts) -
Quake 3 Demo. Some people never bought the game and still play on the damn demo map years later.
#12 Posted by Gamartto (1981 posts) -
FEAR MP Demo, WiC was good too.
#13 Posted by Litchie (16172 posts) -

PredatorRules

It's pretty funny.. I thought the demo to Dark Messiah was freaking awesome. Played it like at least 3 times a day, and then when the game came out, I thought it was lame..

#14 Posted by DrDoomed (11386 posts) -
How many maps does the World in confict demo have for multiplayer? The campaign is just 1 right?
#15 Posted by Wasdie (49302 posts) -

I got to go with World in Conflict. Now that demo is off the chain!J-REAL

The one mission they include is amazing, plus the online that never gets old. That game is amazing, I can't wait until it comes out.

#16 Posted by PredatorRules (7051 posts) -
[QUOTE="PredatorRules"]

Litchie

It's pretty funny.. I thought the demo to Dark Messiah was freaking awesome. Played it like at least 3 times a day, and then when the game came out, I thought it was lame..

the game isn't lame - it's pretty damn good, maybe the hype for more caused it - coz the game gave exactly what the demo showed not more, not less

#17 Posted by nightharvest (1786 posts) -

The original Wolfenstien 3D demo. I played it for ages.

8)

#18 Posted by Sokol4ever (6297 posts) -

I'd have to go with Fear demo, I can't recall how many times I played it.

There are a few very good ones out there, I was having a very good time with Dark Messiah for example.

#19 Posted by kem2000 (117 posts) -

House of the Dead, lol, because you can crack it into the full version!

Seriously though, i'd have to say probably the most i have played a Demo was for No One Lives Forever, i was so hyped for that game and i played the demo like hell...

Come to think of it, a lot of the older demo's (around 1999-2002) were great... ahh, i miss those days

#20 Posted by Legend4000 (84 posts) -
I'll go with a new one. Time shift
#21 Posted by Kolossi (779 posts) -
I have to be with World in Conflic Demo also. I dont play demos often, but this took the cake. I just wish I could make a nuke strike before the real deal gets in to my machine.
#22 Posted by mfsa (3328 posts) -
[QUOTE="PredatorRules"]

RK-Mara

totally, easily the best demo i've ever played - and the only demo i've ever modded (or even seen mods for)

and it was an especially impressive demo in that the final game was such a disappointment in comparison, a demo that can make the final game seem much better than it is is doing its job exceptionally well

#23 Posted by Basty_N (110 posts) -

I can't really come up with anything that hasn't been said yet, so I'm gonna go with Dark Messiah. Played that Demo over and over, bought the game too. A bit too short and easy but really nice game ;)

/Vote Dark Messiah of Might & Magic

#24 Posted by krimla (264 posts) -
Demo McDemo In Demotown
#25 Posted by ThePostalWorker (839 posts) -
World in Conflict's demo surprised me. It inclauded so many modes of play. It gets my vote.
#26 Posted by LTZH (2704 posts) -
Oh i Just remembered the Jedi Knight 2 outcast demo back in 2002, that demo was amazing as well. Was the firt game that let you kill legions of stormys.
#27 Posted by kyrieee (978 posts) -
The Deus Ex demo (the long one). It included the opening mission, the raid in battery park, hell's kitchen AND the power generator takedown. DAMN long demo
#28 Posted by WARxSnake (2153 posts) -

world in conflict hands down.

even the beta for WIC owned most demos out there

though why are we rating demos when we can rate the games themselves

#29 Posted by sSubZerOo (42918 posts) -
My all time favorite demo was Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight, secrets of the sith expansion demo.. It takes you through the first mission.. I must have played it dozens of times when I got it, it was a challenging and suspenseful mission... it was great.
#30 Posted by Frozenalive224 (106 posts) -
the two Far Cry demos really amazed me and sold me on the game
#31 Posted by PwningStick (453 posts) -
I gota go with the BF2 MP demo.LTZH
#32 Posted by bignice12 (2124 posts) -

[QUOTE="J-REAL"]I got to go with World in Conflict. Now that demo is off the chain!Wasdie

The one mission they include is amazing, plus the online that never gets old. That game is amazing, I can't wait until it comes out.

QFT

#33 Posted by Whermacht02 (1069 posts) -

I spent countless hours of my life with the shareware version of Doom(that is, if you want to consider the shareware version as a demo)

#34 Posted by markbelford22 (36 posts) -
Would have to be the Unreal Tournament 2004 demo. I remeber playing countless hours sniping people with the lightning gun.... ah and then finally getting the Redeemer.. ah the good ol days
#35 Posted by robertlie (866 posts) -

I think the Company of Heroes demo was great, i just instantly knew that this was gonna be a great game. Until it started crashing of course :)

#36 Posted by ATLReppa770 (4208 posts) -

I'll go with a new one. Time shiftLegend4000

That's probably why it's a new one, that demo is terrible on the PC and the graphics aren't NEARLY as good as the 360 version. I was really planning on getting the PC version of the game, but screw that, after comparing the two (highest settings for the PC version), the 360 version ismuch better looking.

#37 Posted by _Pedro_ (6829 posts) -

Quake 1 demo.

This demo came with the entire first campaign and you could also play death match on lan. One of the best demo's i've ever played.

#38 Posted by SirWeymont (175 posts) -

World of Conflict!!!

Super addictive multiplay!!! Too long a wait for the final release!

#39 Posted by naval (11109 posts) -
bg2 demo where i get to play the first chapter was the demo i liked the most
#40 Posted by Tsunami23 (1352 posts) -
PC Gamers Painkiller demo.
#41 Posted by acsguitar (1840 posts) -
I'll say quake 4 MP demo because of its Linux compatibility and the fact people still play it
#42 Posted by Funkyhamster (17366 posts) -
The Age of Mythology demo, with the BF2 demo a very close second.
#43 Posted by the_mad_madman (316 posts) -
The original Unreal Tournament demo. I remember playing DM-Morpheus so... many... times... It was so good I went out and bought the full game so I could play it even more!
#44 Posted by stevendiep_100 (2193 posts) -
Bf2 and UT2004 demo, cheap people are still playing it.
#45 Posted by jamserver (375 posts) -

Bf2 and UT2004 demo, cheap people are still playing it. stevendiep_100

agreed

#46 Posted by Lonelynight (30039 posts) -
Unreal Tournament 2004's demo was pretty good IMO.Doom_HellKnight
#47 Posted by StephenHu (2852 posts) -
UT2k4 Demo, I played it for more than 30 hours
#48 Posted by Vectoin (60 posts) -

world in conflict hands down.

even the beta for WIC owned most demos out there

though why are we rating demos when we can rate the games themselves

WARxSnake

I must agree with you. I have rarely played a demo that had left me in awe, besides Bioshock! The World in Conflict demo was hands down one of the most memorable and fun experiences. The demo alone sold me on the game. Mass action, mass bombardments, and mass loss of life! There's no need for senseless structures, it's all drop 'em in Ivan's face! Hot War FTW!

#49 Posted by eclarkdog (1307 posts) -
I'll add Dungeon Seige I. At the time, this type of game was a new experience for me and I thought the graphics were incredible. It was a rather long demo and my biggest disappointment was that I could not import the demo character/game into the full version after I bought it, especially after I had him rockin' out at a fairly decent level. The demo did get one rather immersed into the game.
#50 Posted by BDL91 (274 posts) -
Dark messiah demo was good but i played Bf2 demo much more