Best Morrowind Mods

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f20133fe9201
deactivated-5f20133fe9201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f20133fe9201
Member since 2006 • 1120 Posts
i was looking thu my old games today and i found morrowind for PC, so i said what the hell and installed it and the 2 EXPS, so now i am looking for the best mods, anyone no of any good ones?
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 mattisgod01
Member since 2005 • 3476 Posts
i found a great mod for morrowind...its called Oblivion
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mattisgod01

But that mod costs money and is about 6gig so if you want something for free and easier to download try this site

http://elderscrolls.filefront.com/files/The_Elder_Scrolls_III_Morrowind/Modifications;7095 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5f20133fe9201
i own oblivion, i perfer morrowind cuz it is harder and longer and bigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5f20133fe9201
oh my bad i thought you went buy oblivion
Nelien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Nelien
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts

Unfortunately many Morrowind modding sites went down when the popularity dropped and the "waiting 4 oblivion" started. Now that Oblivion was such a disappointment it's sad to see so many wonderful mods gone for ever.

Luckily though I saved most of the mods I ever used on my PC and has since then backed up all MW mods I liked (almost 200). Many of the ones I have I know for sure are very hard (to impossible) to find. So if you find a reference to a mod that you like but can't find the mod itself send me a message and I might have it in store for you!

As far as finding mods that can be found the above posted link is an excellent source as well as good ol' trusty google. But aside from those two I strongly suggest this site: http://www.mwmythicmods.com It's an extremely extent listing of Morrowind mods sorted very smart by category and theme like mods that make MW more realistic or Asian theme mods, etc.. Check it out!

Oh right, I also strongly recommend that you get the two expansions (if you don't have already), they offer excellent extended gameplay and more sources for mods!

EDIT: Uh, right, "s.t.y.l.e" is a censored word..... Changed to "theme". 

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mattisgod01

Unfortunately many Morrowind modding sites went down when the popularity dropped and the "waiting 4 oblivion" started. Now that Oblivion was such a disappointment it's sad to see so many wonderful mods gone for ever.

Luckily though I saved most of the mods I ever used on my PC and has since then backed up all MW mods I liked (almost 200). Many of the ones I have I know for sure are very hard (to impossible) to find. So if you find a reference to a mod that you like but can't find the mod itself send me a message and I might have it in store for you!

As far as finding mods that can be found the above posted link is an excellent source as well as good ol' trusty google. But aside from those two I strongly suggest this site: http://www.mwmythicmods.com It's an extremely extent listing of Morrowind mods sorted very smart by category and theme like mods that make MW more realistic or Asian theme mods, etc.. Check it out!

Oh right, I also strongly recommend that you get the two expansions (if you don't have already), they offer excellent extended gameplay and more sources for mods!

Nelien

"Oblivion" and "Disappointment" in the same sentence!

BLASPHEMY!!

movin_target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 movin_target
Member since 2005 • 3412 Posts

This site has some good mods

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.List&game=3

I use it enjoy

sushiplus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sushiplus
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
oblivion sucks in comparsion to morrowind, but according to ur name ul nvr believe that
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

[QUOTE="Nelien"]

mattisgod01

"Oblivion" and "Disappointment" in the same sentence!

BLASPHEMY!!

Oblivion has been widely regarded as a disappointment among the PC Gaming community (well, those who played Morrowind that is).

Mike0698

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mike0698
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts
sorry ppl for responding to a 2 year old post, but oblivion techinically was a improvement but it dosent have that classic feal that morrowind has. I felt morrowind was more expansive and had more adventure to it but oblivion had a better combat system, they each have things that the other does not and bolth of them would go in my top ten list and the same number, which would be one.
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

sorry ppl for responding to a 2 year old post, but oblivion techinically was a improvement but it dosent have that classic feal that morrowind has. I felt morrowind was more expansive and had more adventure to it but oblivion had a better combat system, they each have things that the other does not and bolth of them would go in my top ten list and the same number, which would be one. Mike0698

Yes, both games bring something to the table. I prefer Morrowind's world and lore a lot more...it truly seems like another realm. Oblivion has a couple of nice things going for it...it is a pretty game to just walk through.

BLUBBBER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BLUBBBER
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

I love to see how people take this chance to make Oblivion seem like a piece of trash when the topic had nothing to do with it.

brumley53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 brumley53
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/categories.php

the bottom of the page has morrowind mods

david_joseph93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 david_joseph93
Member since 2006 • 343 Posts

A 2 year old topic! But truth is Morrowind is Butkicking, Oblivion Great game, but not even the half as immersion as Morrowind, Next TES game must be like Morrowind but 100 times improved gameplay wise and graphicaly!

khanabyss25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 khanabyss25
Member since 2004 • 279 Posts

morrowinds the better game, it truely feels epic, compared to oblivion unrealistic wilderness (wtf why so many bushes, and why so colorfull), repetitive and rather boring dungeons.

Not saying Oblivion isnt a great game. i just feel morrowind is immensely more deep and epic and does a great job of immersing you into the world of telvanis.

And idk.. i find the lightning better in morrowind

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

morrowinds the better game, it truely feels epic, compared to oblivion unrealistic wilderness (wtf why so many bushes, and why so colorfull), repetitive and rather boring dungeons.

Not saying Oblivion isnt a great game. i just feel morrowind is immensely more deep and epic and does a great job of immersing you into the world of telvanis.

khanabyss25

Thanks for bumping an old thread.

And Oblivion BETTER then Morrowind? BUHAHAHAHAHAHA yea right.

paladinqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 paladinqueen
Member since 2010 • 509 Posts

But that mod costs money and is about 6gig so if you want something for free and easier to download try this site

mattisgod01

:? great?

khanabyss25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 khanabyss25

[QUOTE="khanabyss25"]

morrowindnic

it wasnt me who bumped it...

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

[QUOTE="khanabyss25"]

khanabyss25

it wasnt me who bumped it...

Unless a post above you disapeared it was you.

khanabyss25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 khanabyss25
Mar 27, 2010 11:37 am PT

A 2 year old topic! But truth is Morrowind is Butkicking, Oblivion Great game, but not even the half as immersion as Morrowind, Next TES game must be like Morrowind but 100 times improved gameplay wise and graphicaly!

Is That Or Nothing... Mel Zelaya is a Traitor!

pkay45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 pkay45
Member since 2010 • 385 Posts
New Vegas ftw...
superfluidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 superfluidity
Member since 2010 • 2163 Posts

Check out this page.

sprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sprentice
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Hi Nelien, My name is Steven and I'm collecting old Morrowind mods. I agree with you the game is 9.9 in score. I got lured into interested again by youtube and "vality7" and 'Morrowind 2011" vids. I just reinstalled it, MGE, ENBSeries and about 75 mods with another 100-ish under current consideration. I'm now in that game of tweaking the 'look of the game world' (shaders, SSAO. bloom, water, ect) and how hot my cpu (E8500) will run/and for how long lol. :) When the cpu wants a break I go back to hunting 5star mods. I still collect the best of the best mods when I can find them. (burn them to data dvd to last forever too :) Here my question to you. Do you have any of Connery's textures or landscapes? In 2008/2009 he pulled everything from downloadable sites on the logic of releasing a Mega-pack. But to my knowledge, and research, a complete version never came. So I write those fellow souls who collected mods a few years ago searching for what many believe, to be the work of the best texture modder for Morrowind out there. I have some, but a few out there must have a few from 'before the pull' heh. If so please write me with a list of what you have of Connary's and I can reply with the same. I got a fair assortment but the list is likely about 12% of his fantastic and vast work. Hope to hear from you. :) Steven Sprentice@msn.com
albertthefunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 albertthefunk
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Go toPlanet Elder Scrolls

That's where I get all my mods. Just check out the top rated. I played around 600 hours of Oblivion and got into Morrowind because Skyrim is coming out. My personal opinion, I have to say Oblivion looks really nice, it has some great game mechanics, fun quests and I really enjoyed it but Morrowind kicks it's ass for story, depth, and many other elements. Morrowind just has this really awesome ambience and story that is so engrossing, something I felt was lacking in Oblivion. The main quest itself was way better for morrowind. I feel that with Oblivion they spent too much time creating too many dungeons that mostly look the same, if they would have made just half of them it would have been enough and they could have focused on creating more diverse places and depth. Still two absolutely awesome games though.

hakn13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hakn13
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

1. morrowind is at least 10 time longer it tooks me months to beat the main quests and guild quests not including addons 2. when you start off you can hit a rat that is right in front of you every spell doesn't always work sometimes you fail to cast a spell not cos of lack of skill or magicka 3. there is more areas to explore and more features i had an entire manor with slaves, gaurds, servents and merchants 4. and you suck for thinking that have you even tried to win morrowind

Moderator's Note: Dark Arts - Thread Necromancy.