Best Hunting Game?

#1 Posted by GeneralShowzer (11598 posts) -

Don't laugh, this is serious. I have had an insane amount of fun playing hunting games especially with friends, and i want to pick up a new one. I see a lot of titles, but most of them seem to suck, and i would really appreciate someone suggesting a really good one, preferably not older than three years.

#2 Posted by pelvist (4873 posts) -

The best one I have played is The Hunter. If you have played one better let me know, I want to try others too.

#3 Posted by GeneralShowzer (11598 posts) -

The best one I have played is The Hunter. If you have played one better let me know, I want to try others too.

pelvist
Yes! Thank you very much this is exactly what i was looking. I will be sure to try it out over the week, when i have time. However I'm confused, is it free, how much do i have to pay?
#4 Posted by AleksandarTale (2906 posts) -

[QUOTE="pelvist"]

GeneralShowzer

Yes! Thank you very much this is exactly what i was looking. I will be sure to try it out over the week, when i have time. However I'm confused, is it free, how much do i have to pay?

You can play for free but you only get to hunt elk.Subscribers may hunt Turkry , Coyote, Roosevelt Elk and Whitetail elk

#5 Posted by coreybg (2608 posts) -

Might wanna try the Cabela series like

Cabela's dangerous hunt

Cabela's big game hunter etc.

Really good hunting games and really realistic.

Example:

If the wind is blowing in the direction of the animal your hunting, it can smell you easier and will run away sooner.There are animal calls,sprays,traps(I think).

Really great game.

#6 Posted by ghegpatatas (614 posts) -
the hunter is by far the best looking hunting game i've ever played. and its free.:)
#7 Posted by andalore (2644 posts) -

The only Hunting I ever remember playing is Carnivores :P

#8 Posted by WiiRocks66 (3488 posts) -

The Hunter is easily the best. It has amazing graphics, great sounds, it's pretty realistic, and it's free. You can pay to get access to more features though. I also liked Deer Hunter 2005.

#9 Posted by downnice95 (95 posts) -

Cabelas Alaska Adventure is pretty good

#10 Posted by MonsieurX (30484 posts) -

Cabelas Alaska Adventure is pretty good

downnice95
pretty bump for a necro thread
#11 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18414 posts) -
The upcoming Cabela's game is all open world so hopefully that'll be good. The Hunter looks interesting, I'll have to try it.
#12 Posted by German_Enigma (21 posts) -

Cabela's Big Game Hunter Pro Hunts (2014).

This is the real deal. Now available on Steam.

The player is rewarded with correct shot placement (major vital organs leading to quick death) and is penalized if the animal is made to suffer (bleed out). The distance to target, rifle caliber and ammo type (eg. hollow point, full metal jacket) all affect bullet trajectory and penetration. The animal's skull is naturally re-enforced and the bullet can actually lodge itself in the skull and fail to reach the brain. In other words, no easy headshots.

Unlike Sniper Elite, the bullet X-ray kill cam is used here as a learning tool to improve one's shooting/archery skills. Although not as graphic as Sniper Elite, the X-ray cam in Pro Hunts is no less visually pleasing to the eye and you will never get tired of it.

No artificial character leveling or stats points distribution. The weapon is only as reliable as the shooter. Pro Hunts also comes with online leader score boards to boot.

Graphics are outstanding for a budget release, with dense natural looking trees and shrubs that you normally find in an AAA title. Full 1080p really brings the scenery to life with crisp details and long view distances.

And yes, the map is open world and you can hunt any animal that you wish, from small vermin to wild boars, deer, moose and bears (just to name a few). Some of these animals do fight back when threatened.

The wait is finally over!!!

#13 Posted by German_Enigma (21 posts) -

Official gameplay videos of Cabela's Pro Hunts.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cauldron4u/videos