best GTA vice city mods?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by tehsystemwarior (1812 posts) -

Just picked it up, and although i don't care to much about graphics, this games are pretty bad. Are there any graphics mods, or other mods you will recomend? And how do I use mods? Lol, first time dabbling in mods.

#2 Posted by TruSake (315 posts) -

that's because it's old. No matter what you do to it, is not really gonna look any better, if anything just play it for fun. Either that or just pick up GTA IV or wait for the next installment.

#3 Posted by tehsystemwarior (1812 posts) -

Yeah, i was playing it, and I really wasnt enjoying it. Can't stand the gameplay, I prefer GTA 4s and the graphics are bad. Mad i wasted 10 bucks.

#4 Posted by Stinger78 (5826 posts) -
#5 Posted by Twisted14 (3497 posts) -
Dude, Vice City is easily one of the best GTA games IMO. Everything about it is fantastic. Though you may have started playing a couple of years too late. Try graphics mods if you can, because you should really play it.
#6 Posted by CrazyKilljoy117 (1369 posts) -
Don't let graphics fool you. It's a great game. Plus, if your computer can't handle newer games (you didn't mention on what platform you played GTA4) then the ENB series mod may cause you trouble.
#7 Posted by andalore (2644 posts) -

If you Dont have a Steam version of GTA:VC try out Multi Theft Auto if the Community's still around.

A Bit off topic Does anyone remember when Multi Theft Auto set off the Anti Virus things on Gamespot a few Years Back? :P

#8 Posted by Stinger78 (5826 posts) -

If you Dont have a Steam version of GTA:VC try out Multi Theft Auto if the Community's still around.

A Bit off topic Does anyone remember when Multi Theft Auto set off the Anti Virus things on Gamespot a few Years Back? :P

andalore
I was probably too busy playing it at that time :)
#9 Posted by dakan45 (18417 posts) -
Dude, Vice City is easily one of the best GTA games IMO. Everything about it is fantastic. Though you may have started playing a couple of years too late. Try graphics mods if you can, because you should really play it.Twisted14
Same, i remember playing some total conversion, i dont remember the name, honestly best thing to do with gta vc is to go to gta gaming com and look for vice city mods, there is a bazzilion of them.
#10 Posted by Lucianu (9315 posts) -

Yeah, i was playing it, and I really wasnt enjoying it. Can't stand the gameplay, I prefer GTA 4s and the graphics are bad. Mad i wasted 10 bucks.

tehsystemwarior

Wait, if you care so much about the graphics, why didn't you look up some HD videos of the game on youtube, before buying it? I mean they look just fine to me, its a older game, you can't just jump like that with high expectations.

Anyway, get ENB series for Vice City, its a mod that will let you get fantastic visuals in it.

Don't look up videos on youtube for it, because it doesn't matter, you'll have to config. every settings for it so it can look as powerful as you like.

Oh, and if you don't like those controls, you can mod them also to your pleasure, just google.

#11 Posted by Kaelken (531 posts) -

Vice City is not JUST the greatest GTA, it's the greatest game of all times, the console'd up controls of IV versus the slick, fast paced fighting in Vice, forget about it - show me a game that has a better soundtrack, starring Ray Liotta that lets you do a stoppie on a pink moped in 80s clothes. Or swoop up an entire block of pedestrians with the rotor blades of a helicopter ? I will wait
The character comments alone put shame to any game out there

As for the best mod it's easily vice city multiplayer

Whoever said MTA made Rockstar think of doing a multiplayer needs to do a little more research; fact is, MTA (multi-theft auto) found left over multiplayer code in Vice City, proving that Rockstar already considered it / tried it.

And lastly, Rockstar said, "we won't be releasing a multi-player GTA until we come up with something special outside ****c deathmatch". Funny considering GTA IV is EXACTLY that.

Hilarious really, especially considering the "amateur" mods, SAMP, VCMP and MTA offer better gameplay and insanely diverse possibilities, right down to server settings and freedom of gameplay.