Best gaming laptop for under $850?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxchadxxchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xxchadxxchad
Member since 2008 • 199 Posts

Hi, i am wondering what you think is the best gaming LAPTOP available for under $850. I really don't want a desktop. I like the portability of laptops. Thanks!

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

asus ROG g72gx gaming laptop intel core 2 duo 2.5ghz, 6gb ram, windows 7 64-bit, nvidia geforce gtx 260m

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220733

$750 will pwn most games on high settings.

desertpython

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 desertpython
Member since 2006 • 1277 Posts

Don't bother, drivers are a nightmare for laptops, and a desktop will slaughter it.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

Don't bother, drivers are a nightmare for laptops, and a desktop will slaughter it.

desertpython

true but this doesnt mean you cant game on a laptop at all in fact its becoming more popular to do while dsktops will always be superior and will always be more cost effective they are gaining mommentum.

icyseanfitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 icyseanfitz
Member since 2006 • 2493 Posts

trying to sell my dell xps m1730 laptop right now so i can go desktop which i would suggest to you as well just because of the intial cost of these damn things :) mine cost me the best part of 3 grand at the time probably worth around 800-900 now :( and the fact that you cannot upgrade them also sucks, but on the driver side of things the best place to go for laptop drivers is Laptopvideo2go.com they modify the nvidia drivers to work on mobile GPU's

desertpython

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 desertpython
Member since 2006 • 1277 Posts

[QUOTE="desertpython"]

ionusX

true but this doesnt mean you cant game on a laptop at all in fact its becoming more popular to do while dsktops will always be superior and will always be more cost effective they are gaining mommentum.

I agree that you can play games, but a desktop will still be better for a long while yet.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
I've been eye-balling the Alienware m11x namely because it's actually portable. Some of these laptops aren't particularly portable in the 17"+ range.
Kyozumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Kyozumi
Member since 2010 • 232 Posts

Lol i only use my Laptop for games like L4D2 , Dota , WC3 to game with my friends in school ... Otherwise , I use my custom desktop for everything else XD