Best game right now from the "Pick your path" nvidia promo

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamartto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Poll Best game right now from the "Pick your path" nvidia promo (20 votes)

Assassin's Creed Unity 5%
Far Cry 4 95%

So, taking into account that both of these games have received several patches to this date, Which one do you guys would recommend me to get?

Thanks.

PS: The Crew might be also an option but I don't know how to add more choices :P

• 
Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Far cry 4. Assassin's creed unity latest patch fixes few things but breaks others. It's a complete mess. Better choice , get divinity original sin.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Far Cry 4 got some really boring story, but overall they've added some cool gameplay mechanics.

I've heard that there'll be a 7Gb patch fix for the PC for AC Unity soon, so you might concider getting that if you're patient enough

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

Far Cry 4, no contest. It has some cool story missions, but the open-world concept is really hindered by repetitive and boring side-missions and random events, and meaningless "loot" (it's basicly only money, wich is excessive in the firstplace) hunting.

the action is still fun enough, so it's enjoyable. graphics are quite nice too. from what i've heard, AC Unity and The Crew are both crap.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I havent played ACU, a friend got me FC4 because he wanted someone to play coop with but I didnt really find the game that fun tbh.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Yeah for pick your path (that I got with buying the MSI 970 gtx 4g card) I chose Farcry 4... Only problem.. I can't get it to run.. The game freezes and crashes in the middle of loading for no reason.. Quite literally the first game in years I have ever had that happen to me.. Damnit why couldn't they have given me something like Alien Isolation..

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

If you love Assassin's Creed, might as well get AC:U. I got Far Cry 4 day one and I'm still patiently waiting to play it - which will happen when they add raw mouse input and 16:10 support, which is a day that may never come. Good thing I didn't pay for it.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

ACU is the better game over all.... assuming you arent a whiney bitch like a lot of people on these boards and can overlook some really minor bugs that rarely, if ever actually affect your gameplay.

played through the entire game on PS4, which has even worse performance than the PC, and never ran into a single "major" bug. the issues are blown way out of proportion.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

@cyloninside said:

ACU is the better game over all.... assuming you arent a whiney bitch like a lot of people on these boards and can overlook some really minor bugs that rarely, if ever actually affect your gameplay.

played through the entire game on PS4, which has even worse performance than the PC, and never ran into a single "major" bug. the issues are blown way out of proportion.

That's exactly why you're saying that. Any sane person who has played that bullcrap on his PC would have nothing to say except "**** you for generations Ubisoft". This unoptimized piece of trash couldn't even give me 24 fps on 280x with medium settings at 720p. What's their excuse for this?

On-topic. Far cry 4 wins by a thousand mile. Not only does it have better optimization but it's more fun than AC Unity could ever be.

Daian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Daian
Member since 2005 • 2901 Posts

FC4 is a no brainer, the other 2 (Crew) are a mess, both are disappointments.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

ubilol games suck

Sell the code on ebay instead

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46171 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

If you love Assassin's Creed, might as well get AC:U. I got Far Cry 4 day one and I'm still patiently waiting to play it - which will happen when they add raw mouse input and 16:10 support, which is a day that may never come. Good thing I didn't pay for it.

Does Unity have 16:10 support ?

I'm asking because Ubisoft almost includes no other option in their games but 16:9. I'm glad they patched in 21:9 after a while for Far Cry 3 but it's very rare to see ubisoft do that.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Does Unity have 16:10 support ?

I'm asking because Ubisoft almost includes no other option in their games but 16:9. I'm glad they patched in 21:9 after a while for Far Cry 3 but it's very rare to see ubisoft do that.

Nope. Assassin's Creed games haven't had 16:10 support on PC forever. Far Cry 3 had 16:10 at launch (if I'm not mistaken), so for Far Cry 4 to still be missing 16:10 is painful. Hell - it's even more painful because they went in and patched 21:9, a much less common resolution than 16:10 or even 4:3, and forgot to implement 16:10. What a bunch of half-assers.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46171 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

Nope. Assassin's Creed games haven't had 16:10 support on PC forever. Far Cry 3 had 16:10 at launch (if I'm not mistaken), so for Far Cry 4 to still be missing 16:10 is painful. Hell - it's even more painful because they went in and patched 21:9, a much less common resolution than 16:10 or even 4:3, and forgot to implement 16:10. What a bunch of half-assers.

Hmmm, yeah. I saw the patch note saying it added 21:9 recently.

Since the game uses pretty much the same engine as FC3, it shouldn't be that hard for them to include 16:10 as well.

Is there a 3rd party program you could use to fix it ? When I find that some games don't support 21:9 I go check WSGF or see if widescreenfixer or flawlesswidescreen have a fix :)

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#16  Edited By Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

i've played neither, but i played original asscreed and it blew hard. And i kinda liked FC3, so i would say get Far Cry 4... since its supposed to be similar to FC3 so its a decent game anyway you look at it... one i wouldnt get since i played FC3 and FC4 is too similiar... but im sure its a fine game on its own. Asscreed is a crap series we need to get rid of at all costs.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Far Cry 4 is quiet good. I wouldn't even bother looking at AC...