Best FPS Game (Not FTP)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by speedysam123 (91 posts) -
Whats the best first person shooter (No Free to plays) for multiplayer with a gaming computer.
#3 Posted by lostrib (32942 posts) -

BF3, TF2 (it's F2P now, wasnt before), L4D2, CS, CoD (if you like that style)

#4 Posted by speedysam123 (91 posts) -
I play TF2, Is Planetside 2 any good?
#5 Posted by ionusX (25714 posts) -

quakelive. you can pay monthly for it and its truly worth it imo. quakelive can be tried and played on a basic level for free. its simply one of the best twitch shooters you can get your hands on today.

#6 Posted by s-e-e-k (247 posts) -

Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield

#7 Posted by TheFatPerson (1802 posts) -

Best one I can think of to be honest is L4D2 or TF2.

#8 Posted by with_teeth26 (6018 posts) -

Red Orchestra 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Natural Selection 2

#9 Posted by Bithellio (9 posts) -
All depends what you call an fps game if your after a free for all battle type game then battlefield 3 or counter strike (either source or GO they're both the same) but if you want a team play game i would definitely go for borderlands 2..
#10 Posted by 8-Bitterness (3707 posts) -
Counter-Strike (either GO or Source), Battlefield 3, Quake Live, and I'd say Crysis 2 but that is EXTREMELY subjective cuz I love that ROBOT DUDE SH*T. Hopefully Crysis 3 will be good (better than 2). THE BEST OF THEM ALL THOUGH? Well, that's Counter-Strike: Source.
#11 Posted by ferret-gamer (17310 posts) -
I play TF2, Is Planetside 2 any good?speedysam123
Planetside 2 is F2P, but it is good. You can also try Natural Selection 2 and BF3
#12 Posted by speedysam123 (91 posts) -
I have that game.
#14 Posted by speedysam123 (91 posts) -
Best MULTIPLAYER fps...
#15 Posted by Socijalisticka (1607 posts) -

My bad, I've only read the title. You should play DOOM regardless if you haven't already done so:P. As for multiplayer: Quake Live and Red Orchestra 2.

#16 Posted by Ant0n89 (665 posts) -
BFBC2
#17 Posted by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

Counter Strike, Battlefield 3 and Team Fortress 2. (Yeah, yeah i know it's free to play but it wasn't a while back).

#18 Posted by KalDurenik (3768 posts) -

quakelive. you can pay monthly for it and its truly worth it imo. quakelive can be tried and played on a basic level for free. its simply one of the best twitch shooters you can get your hands on today.

ionusX
Quake Live is great :)
#19 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38194 posts) -

I'm partial to BF3 myself. So much fun

#20 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4079 posts) -

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault for me personally. Although it's an aquired taste these days.

#21 Posted by slabber44 (978 posts) -
For a true team mp game IMO it would be Red Orchestra 2 hands down. CS. Go also, but there is alot more asshats in that game. Natural Selection is also a good one.
#22 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Quake Live and TF2 are my two favorite multiplayer games, both of which are FTP:P. I haven't played it for a while, but Tribes: Ascend is also fun.

#23 Posted by Deadpool-n (467 posts) -

Counter Strike GO or Source, Bf3

#24 Posted by sloakz (379 posts) -

ArmA, BF3, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Red Orchestra 2

#25 Posted by speedysam123 (91 posts) -
Whats better for Multiplayer, Battlefield 3 or Battlefield Bad Company 2?
#26 Posted by Malta_1980 (11152 posts) -

BF3, COD4, Red Orchestra2 & ARMA2

#27 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
planetside 2: MASSIVE scale, vehicles, class-based, persistence, teamwork, strategic, open world, free, balanced, addictive battlefield 3: scale (not nearly as big as ps2 can get), persistence, some teamwork here and there, lots of game modes, lots of weapons, pretty addictive. value is really subjective for this one. also you'll probably want to get premium or some of the map packs. natural selection 2: plays like an fps when you are a marine, plays like Left4dead zombie versus when you are an alien, plays like a small-scale starcraft 2 if you're a commander of either team. lots of strategy, close quarters combat, really refreshing experience. learning curve is pretty tough for commander role if you've never played an RTS. worth the $25 just because its so well-made and unique. counter-strike global offensive: its counter-strike with slightly different netcode, prettier graphics, a few new weapons and integrated gungame mode. demolition quick matches are also VERY fun. easier to get into, but still holds value for hardcore cs players. killing floor: a round-based survival game that is similar to left 4 dead (even though it was originally an older game than l4d). has classes. requires teamwork on higher difficulties. i really only suggest this to people who know how to work as a team and have at least semi-decent aim. otherwise, one of the better time killers ever created. cod4: self-explanatory left 4 dead 2: must get lol
#28 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16737 posts) -

Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield

s-e-e-k
I have that game.