Best and worse online games retailers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

olarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 olarn
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts

I never buy boxed games anymore, and over 90% of my purchases are on Steam. I only recently started buying from GOG.com and am rapidly becoming a fan, I especially like that all games on GOG are DRM free.

Worst in my experience is GAmeStop with its poor server connection and hopeless tech support.

Anyone has other favoured retailer sites or other sites to avoid?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

greenmangaming almost always 20%-25% off everything

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

I've had good experiences with Steam, Amazon, Origin, Greenmangaming, GOG, and Gamefly. They all have some good sales from time to time. I can't really speak for their servers/dl services as most games I buy nowdays use Steam so I basically just buy a code.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#4  Edited By mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Gamersgate is my second favourite next to Steam. You get blue coins every time you buy games (depending on the value of the game of course) and with enough of them you can use them to buy a game, which means in the end of the day you get them for free. Managed to pick up some decent games using the blue coins including Dead Island, Thief : Deadly Shadows, Kings Bounty and Tropico 3. If you're a regular customer, you'll be given certain ranks in which the highest one will let you gain more blue coins from purchased games and also special discounts.