Best and newest single player games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mattpunkgd (2198 posts) -

What are the best new games that came out recently that are single player. I like rpgs with a lot of depth, fast paced shooters, stealth games, sniping games, sandbox games, games with amazing graphics and physics, and anything in between :P. So what are you guys playing?

#2 Posted by giant11 (758 posts) -

Well, I'm currently playing Starcraft 2 & GTA 4: Episodes From Liberty City and I'm having lots of fun. Both have multiplayer components (and really, few at all would buy SC2 for single player), but the singleplayer is fun anyway.

That's what I'm playing right now. I guess I'm too lazy to answer the super open-ended question of 'WHAT GAMES R COOL??!!!'

#3 Posted by PredatorRules (8710 posts) -

What are the best new games that came out recently that are single player. I like rpgs with a lot of depth, fast paced shooters, stealth games, sniping games, sandbox games, games with amazing graphics and physics, and anything in between :P. So what are you guys playing?

mattpunkgd
Splinter Cell Conviction Assassins Creed 2 Singularity (not best choice but nice FPS) Red Faction Guerrilla Modern Warfare 2 (but you're better wait for Black Ops and the new Medal of Honor) DiRT2 NFS Shift Just Cause 2 Mass Effect 2 Dragon Age Metro 2033
#4 Posted by Ravenchrome (1776 posts) -

Well, I'm currently playing Starcraft 2 & GTA 4: Episodes From Liberty City and I'm having lots of fun. Both have multiplayer components (and really, few at all would buy SC2 for single player), but the singleplayer is fun anyway.

That's what I'm playing right now. I guess I'm too lazy to answer the super open-ended question of 'WHAT GAMES R COOL??!!!'

giant11

YEAH. The single player is really fun. Think of it as the Super Mario Galaxy 2 of RTS in terms of design.

#5 Posted by Combii (755 posts) -

Just Cause 2. It's awesome for PC :)

#6 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

wh40k: dow 2: chaos rising.. epic game nuff said!

singularity is very good and has an EPIC ending

bfbc2 is a great time codmw2 has a terribly boring game to it bfbc2 at least has a little meat on its bones and offers some variety.

another one thats iffy is C&C red alert 3 though its nothing spectacular its certainly entertaining this much is clear.

#7 Posted by mattpunkgd (2198 posts) -

Just Cause 2. It's awesome for PC :)

Combii
I started playing it yesterday acctually. Quite amused so far. I played the first one on 360. I've never played splinter cell at all do u think I would like conviction? I'm not really into much rts the only ones i've actually played without quitting is age of mythology and company of heroes.
#8 Posted by coreybg (2608 posts) -

RPGs - Dragon Age,Mass Effect 1,2(not as RPGish as DA, but it's still awesome)

Stealth - Splinter Cell Convictoin

FPS - Singularity (not very long, but it's a pretty decent shooter)

#9 Posted by PredatorRules (8710 posts) -
(not as RPGish as DA)coreybg
wow, that's a new word :P
#10 Posted by bizzara (11 posts) -
Followin Games i really liked \ enjoyed Just Cause 2 - you will have a blast mate trust me! if you like sandbox games then you will def like this, loved its atmosphere - would rate is 9/10 Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands - it was my first time playing any POP game and i really liked it i would rate it at least 7/10 if not more The Saboteur - this is also a good underrated game, its really open ended with fun gta like missions would rate it a solid 7/10 also