Battlefield 4 screens!!! Updated with trailer! And now 17 minutes of gameplay!!!

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

m05l5c3h.jpg

SsmapCIh.jpg

QtEwojvh.jpg

Looks like they're using a similar feature with scopes found in Medal of Honor Warfighter, also, them graphics!

17 minutes of gameplay.

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

Nice graphics, I guess. Game is going to be boring as **** though.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#3 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
2nd pic is amazing.
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Looks gorgeous, but the game is likely to be focused on multiplayer which isn't my thing.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Looks sick. Can't wait until I see the 1080p 60fps trailer that DICE always releases on their websites.

The graphics are insane. They aren't trying to go over-the-top and trying to keep it realistic and that's exactly what it looks like.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
1st pic looks like something out of MOH: Warfighter. 2nd pic is the most impressive. 3rd pic looks nice but it's hard to tell with all that lighting.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
Those blades of grass aren't even casting shadows onto themselves, so Crysis 3 has better grass! Looks nice, but we'll see. BF3 looked nice in screens too but when you actually play it you can tell they cut a lot of corners to make the game run better.
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Looks like cutscense to be honest.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

Lost-to-Apathy

How could you possibly know that? The game hasn't even been revealed yet.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mitu123

Looks like cutscense to be honest.

CUDGEdave
The 1st 2 are, 3rd pic is gameplay.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nutcrackr
It's probably in engine cut scenes
_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

Those blades of grass aren't even casting shadows onto themselves, so Crysis 3 has better grass! Looks nice, but we'll see. BF3 looked nice in screens too but when you actually play it you can tell they cut a lot of corners to make the game run better.PernicioEnigma

not even done being made lol

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]Those blades of grass aren't even casting shadows onto themselves, so Crysis 3 has better grass! Looks nice, but we'll see. BF3 looked nice in screens too but when you actually play it you can tell they cut a lot of corners to make the game run better._SKatEDiRt_

I know, but I'm betting these screens are a pretty good representation of how the final game will look.
_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]Those blades of grass aren't even casting shadows onto themselves, so Crysis 3 has better grass! Looks nice, but we'll see. BF3 looked nice in screens too but when you actually play it you can tell they cut a lot of corners to make the game run better.PernicioEnigma

I know, but I'm betting these screens are a pretty good representation of how the final game will look.

lets hope not !!! hopefully the full game with have a HUD :P

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="_SKatEDiRt_"]

[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]Those blades of grass aren't even casting shadows onto themselves, so Crysis 3 has better grass! Looks nice, but we'll see. BF3 looked nice in screens too but when you actually play it you can tell they cut a lot of corners to make the game run better.PernicioEnigma

It might not even be a good representation since it could have been photoshopped. hehe :)
Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"]

HyperWarlock

Pretty sure it's just going to be a rehash of BF3 with better graphics.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mitu123

Leaked trailer!

oddballrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 oddballrulez
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts
Looks insane. This has officially got me hyped! Here's hoping for some expansion on the already stellar multiplayer! Also - best looking explosions ever?
Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

Choo choo for the hypetrain.

The third one was a fun MP sometimes but not a great purchase. I'll keep my eyes on it and perhaps get the inevitable premium version. 

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#20 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"]

Lost-to-Apathy

That's pretty much how I'm looking at it right now. From art cover to the title to the gameplay trailer, everything looks the same IMO.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"][QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

mhofever

That's pretty much how I'm looking at it right now. From art cover to the title to the gameplay trailer, everything looks the same IMO.

Looks better imo (graphic wise). Hopefully they can get a good long SP Campaign to go together with the fun MP. At least I have a new PC now and can actually play it. I had trouble running BF3 on my old rig.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wasdie  Moderator

[QUOTE="mhofever"]

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"] Pretty sure it's just going to be a rehash of BF3 with better graphics. FelipeInside

Looks better imo (graphic wise). Hopefully they can get a good long SP Campaign to go together with the fun MP. At least I have a new PC now and can actually play it. I had trouble running BF3 on my old rig.

Looks like they are going to keep the CoD style campaign. Doesn't suprise me really. With a 2 year dev cycle it's kind of hard to put out an AAA quality campaign and innovate at the same time.

I expect all of the major changes to be in the multiplayer.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="mhofever"]

Wasdie

Looks like they are going to keep the CoD style campaign. Doesn't suprise me really. With a 2 year dev cycle it's kind of hard to put out an AAA quality campaign and innovate at the same time.

I expect all of the major changes to be in the multiplayer.

I don't mind that since some CoD Games have had really fun campaigns, but BF3's SP was just bad.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mitu123

Thread is now updated with this:

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

Looks amazing, wish we could get some multiplayer videos.

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
Looking pretty fantastic :D
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
Looks pretty good. Dude playing sucks, though. Dunno why they would have used that footage.
8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
I don't think it looks good, an improvement in graphics sure but it ain't that much better and everything else is just more of the same (they even kept the stupid ass blue filter). This is BF 3.5. What the hell is wrong with DICE actually releasing this and not something like BF 2143 or BC3.
ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Dat graphics, but looks like BF3.5, did we realy need the same setting as previous one that came out just under 2 years ago? Realy same setting when expasnion packs are still comming out for it.

BigBangTheory_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BigBangTheory_
Member since 2013 • 181 Posts

Looks bad

generic and boring graphic presentation

Just another DLC for BF3

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I'm really hoping the multiplayer gets a lot more destruction. Going from Bad Company 2 to Battlefield 3 was a disappointment in that regard. 

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mitu123

Lots of new info!

• Most of the single-player campaign is set in China, but the game demo, "Fishing in Baku," takes place in Baku, Azerbaijan, a peninsula city on the Caspian Sea. During this mission a U.S. Special Forces team that goes by the radio ID Tombstone recovers a valuable piece of intel and then tries to get out of the city as Russians give chance. 
  • Tombstone's primary goal in the game is to rescue some VIPs in Shanghai. Tensions are very high between the Russians, Chinese, and Americans, so this won't be easy. Their efforts eventually spark a global conflict.
  • DICE knows not many people warmed up to the characters in Battlefield 3, so one of its primary focuses in Battlefield 4 is character development. Though a huge geopolitical conflict drives the campaign, the story is really about the relationship of these characters caught in this untenable situation.
  • Players assume the role of a soldier named Recker. The other soldiers in his squad are Sgt. Dunn, Irish, Pac, and Ruger. One of the soldiers looks and sounds like Michael K. Williams, the actor who played the unforgettable Robin Hood gangster Omar Little in The Wire.
  • The end of the demo also showed a female character of Chinese descent. We're not sure if she cooperates with your fireteam or if she's on the other side of the conflict.
  • To make the characters more believable, DICE doubled down on its facial animation, skin shaders, and full body animations.
  • Judging from the demo, it looks like DICE is integrating signature elements of the Battlefield multiplayer experience and integrating it into the campaign, like leaderboards and stat tracking.
  • Similar to the Autolog challenges in Need For Speed, it looks like social challenges appear during the campaign that you can engage in for bragging rights with your friends. This could include anything from collecting the most dog tags in a mission or completing a sequence faster than your friends. This should help increase the replay value of the campaign.
  • Battlefield 3's campaign was criticized for its painful linearity. For the follow-up, DICE is sticking more to its expertise, introducing open micro-sandboxes that incorporate vehicles and allow players to engage the enemy in whatever manner they choose. You could hop in a jeep to get to the hot zone, or move carefully on foot from cover to cover. You could take out all the tangos yourself, or call in a support strike from a helicopter. You could hang back and take out enemies with a sniper rifle, or equip a shotgun and get up close and personal. These action bubbles will often be book-ended by cinematic set piece moments.
  • You don't have full control over your squadmates, but you can order them to engage enemies or offer suppressing fire, which would allow you to flank the enemy while they are pinned down.
  • Battlefield 3's co-op mode was a mess, so DICE is scrapping it altogether to focus on the campaign and multiplayer.
  • Battlefield 4 is being built on the third iteration of DICE's Frostbite engine, which runs at 60 frames per second (at least on PC). Other new Frostbite 3 features include particle effects, a cinematic Bokeh effect, reflective surfaces, and impressive water technology that allows them to approximate the violent waves of the open seas.
  • Battlefield 4 is coming to PC, PS3, Xbox 360. Given the power of the engine, we also believe this game is a slam dunk to come to the PlayStation 4, and next Xbox as well, though EA wouldn't confirm.
  • The new version of Battlelog is better incorporated into consoles. DICE says it should be equally good on these systems as it is on PC.
  • The Premium subscription service is returning for Battlefield 4. EA says it will offer more details later, but if you pre-order, you will get a premium expansion pack similar to Back to Karkand when the game launches.
  • If the demo is any indication, destruction looks to be coming back in a major way. Micro-destruction found in the Battlefield 3: Close Quarters expansion pack seems to be integrated into Battlefield 4, as well as bigger set piece moments like the collapsing interior of the building. During the demo, Recker uses a shotgun to blow throw a wooden fence, blows through a concrete wall with a grenade launcher to flank enemies, and during a chase sequence an attack chopper rips through concrete and window panes.
  • The sandboxes are also more dynamic and interactive than the static ones in previous Battlefield games. If you walk to close to a parked car, you may set off a car alarm and alert nearby enemies to your presence. If you move too quickly through a forest, a flock of birds make fly away en masse, signaling to enemies that they should go investigate the area.
  • A quick clip at the end of the demo indicates that Battlefield 4 is going to have amphibious assaults with both large ships and smaller PT boats.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nutcrackr

• Battlefield 3's campaign was criticized for its painful linearity. For the follow-up, DICE is sticking more to its expertise, introducing open micro-sandboxes that incorporate vehicles and allow players to engage the enemy in whatever manner they choose. You could hop in a jeep to get to the hot zone, or move carefully on foot from cover to cover. You could take out all the tangos yourself, or call in a support strike from a helicopter. You could hang back and take out enemies with a sniper rifle, or equip a shotgun and get up close and personal. These action bubbles will often be book-ended by cinematic set piece moments.You don't have full control over your squadmates, but you can order them to engage enemies or offer suppressing fire, which would allow you to flank the enemy while they are pinned down.
  • The sandboxes are also more dynamic and interactive than the static ones in previous Battlefield games. If you walk to close to a parked car, you may set off a car alarm and alert nearby enemies to your presence. If you move too quickly through a forest, a flock of birds make fly away en masse, signaling to enemies that they should go investigate the area.
mitu123
These sound good, although in some ways I'm a bit sad that co-op is going.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

OMG gonna pre-order this game, am sure its mp will be insane :)

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Lots of new info!

• Most of the single-player campaign is set in China, but the game demo, "Fishing in Baku," takes place in Baku, Azerbaijan, a peninsula city on the Caspian Sea. During this mission a U.S. Special Forces team that goes by the radio ID Tombstone recovers a valuable piece of intel and then tries to get out of the city as Russians give chance. 
  • Tombstone's primary goal in the game is to rescue some VIPs in Shanghai. Tensions are very high between the Russians, Chinese, and Americans, so this won't be easy. Their efforts eventually spark a global conflict.
  • DICE knows not many people warmed up to the characters in Battlefield 3, so one of its primary focuses in Battlefield 4 is character development. Though a huge geopolitical conflict drives the campaign, the story is really about the relationship of these characters caught in this untenable situation.
  • Players assume the role of a soldier named Recker. The other soldiers in his squad are Sgt. Dunn, Irish, Pac, and Ruger. One of the soldiers looks and sounds like Michael K. Williams, the actor who played the unforgettable Robin Hood gangster Omar Little in The Wire.
  • The end of the demo also showed a female character of Chinese descent. We're not sure if she cooperates with your fireteam or if she's on the other side of the conflict.
  • To make the characters more believable, DICE doubled down on its facial animation, skin shaders, and full body animations.
  • Judging from the demo, it looks like DICE is integrating signature elements of the Battlefield multiplayer experience and integrating it into the campaign, like leaderboards and stat tracking.
  • Similar to the Autolog challenges in Need For Speed, it looks like social challenges appear during the campaign that you can engage in for bragging rights with your friends. This could include anything from collecting the most dog tags in a mission or completing a sequence faster than your friends. This should help increase the replay value of the campaign.
  • Battlefield 3's campaign was criticized for its painful linearity. For the follow-up, DICE is sticking more to its expertise, introducing open micro-sandboxes that incorporate vehicles and allow players to engage the enemy in whatever manner they choose. You could hop in a jeep to get to the hot zone, or move carefully on foot from cover to cover. You could take out all the tangos yourself, or call in a support strike from a helicopter. You could hang back and take out enemies with a sniper rifle, or equip a shotgun and get up close and personal. These action bubbles will often be book-ended by cinematic set piece moments.
  • You don't have full control over your squadmates, but you can order them to engage enemies or offer suppressing fire, which would allow you to flank the enemy while they are pinned down.
  • Battlefield 3's co-op mode was a mess, so DICE is scrapping it altogether to focus on the campaign and multiplayer.
  • Battlefield 4 is being built on the third iteration of DICE's Frostbite engine, which runs at 60 frames per second (at least on PC). Other new Frostbite 3 features include particle effects, a cinematic Bokeh effect, reflective surfaces, and impressive water technology that allows them to approximate the violent waves of the open seas.
  • Battlefield 4 is coming to PC, PS3, Xbox 360. Given the power of the engine, we also believe this game is a slam dunk to come to the PlayStation 4, and next Xbox as well, though EA wouldn't confirm.
  • The new version of Battlelog is better incorporated into consoles. DICE says it should be equally good on these systems as it is on PC.
  • The Premium subscription service is returning for Battlefield 4. EA says it will offer more details later, but if you pre-order, you will get a premium expansion pack similar to Back to Karkand when the game launches.
  • If the demo is any indication, destruction looks to be coming back in a major way. Micro-destruction found in the Battlefield 3: Close Quarters expansion pack seems to be integrated into Battlefield 4, as well as bigger set piece moments like the collapsing interior of the building. During the demo, Recker uses a shotgun to blow throw a wooden fence, blows through a concrete wall with a grenade launcher to flank enemies, and during a chase sequence an attack chopper rips through concrete and window panes.
  • A quick clip at the end of the demo indicates that Battlefield 4 is going to have amphibious assaults with both large ships and smaller PT boats.

mitu123

Interesting info !!!!

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#37 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Thread is now updated with this:

mitu123

The end of the video, dat music is so ear-raping.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Gonna upgrade or get a new system before it's released :)

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mitu123

Hell I'm scared of running this at 2560x1600.O_o

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

I don't understand how to reveal the sequel of a multiplayer game that sold more than 17 million units they use a campaign trailer, enven more due Battlefield 3 campaign is aurguably the worst fps campaign I've played in the last 15 years or so. The trailer doesn't help a bit due still seems to be a more linear and directed than the remarkably well done sp part from Bad Company 2 (in which some maps were huge and free to explore, instead of the omnipresent linearity of this BF4 trailer). I bet that will be as full of crapy QTE as BF3, and will have a fully forgetable story that no one will complete except for achievement purposes.

In the visuals, nothing here but the same Frostbite 2; as what happened with Crysis 2, BF3 was rushed, so the Frostbite 2.0 wasn't fully exploited; now -as with Crysis 3- the team had more time to enhance the shaders and other aspects, so the results are more polished, even if the final rendering output isn't too far from BF3 itself. As with CE3, nothing justifies a change in the number of the engine, outside marketing, and modelling and texturing is very close to previous iterations (BF3, MoH Warfighter). Not bad, due those games had a very good ratio between scale, quality and framerrate, but the video falls far away from blown my mind.

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#41 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

Hopefully multiplayer kicks major ass because the single-player seems insultingly generic

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FelipeInside
LOL at the people saying the graphics look bad.... That looks amazing visually. Gameplay... have to wait and see.
lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts
Didn't even play the SP in BF3, but the multiplayer is great. I'm liking that they've brought back a squad element to the campaign in this one, looks more like BC2 if anything. Could be a good sign? Anyway, want more MP, don't care so much for the story, it's not what battlefield's about!
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#44 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Its the same old shtick repackaged with some amazing visuals. Looking at it from a game play perspective, the action and the grunt/bro speak bored me. With all the millions of dollars thats the most creative they can be?
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
Graphics look great, but it just looks like the same old same old. I mean even the engine sound of the jeep was exactly the same.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
Its the same old shtick repackaged with some amazing visuals. Looking at it from a game play perspective, the action and the grunt/bro speak bored me. With all the millions of dollars thats the most creative they can be? biggest_loser
Because money spawns creativity right? I think its more so they go with something safe to make the monies with little risk.
BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

LOL at the people saying the graphics look bad.... That looks amazing visually. Gameplay... have to wait and see.FelipeInside

This....you guys saying the game looks like 3.5 are talking out your butt. This is the best looking game that has been shown by a mile.

homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 homeboylizard
Member since 2010 • 1289 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]LOL at the people saying the graphics look bad.... That looks amazing visually. Gameplay... have to wait and see.BSC14

This....you guys saying the game looks like 3.5 are talking out your butt. This is the best looking game that has been shown by a mile.

Yep...Crysis 3 only has better textures...but this has better particle physics and better lightning.
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Looks like Battlefield 4 is another AMD Gaming Evolved Title. Optimized for GCN and was running on a AMD Radeon HD 7990.

362sU7v.png

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Wasdie  Moderator

Single player looked surprisingly good. I saw sandbox elements and a lot of really cool stuff. It was a bit on the more scripted side, but there is a lot of potential awesome gameplay there.

I guess I'm able to actually watch stuff like this without immediately casting it out as generic garbage like so many others. Being cynical about everything in this industry doesn't make you a more "hardcore" gamer. 

The lack of co-op is a good thing. It wasn't really fleshed out at all in BF3 and I didn't see any way of them actually making it better. It's probably best they aren't even going to waste time on it.