Battlefield 4 is $34.99 (for now)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sa1nT_Ch3wy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sa1nT_Ch3wy
Member since 2009 • 147 Posts

On Amazon.. pretty good deal since it just came out last month. Link

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Its 30 dollars on EA origin store and 20 dollars after coupon

http://slickdeals.net/f/6495000-battlefield-4-pc-at-origin-for-19-99-tax-with-mcdonald-s-coupon

Sa1nT_Ch3wy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sa1nT_Ch3wy

@daious said:

Its 30 dollars on EA origin store and 20 dollars after coupon

http://slickdeals.net/f/6495000-battlefield-4-pc-at-origin-for-19-99-tax-with-mcdonald-s-coupon

Crap... I should have looked on origin *facepalm* I just bought it off Amazon lol Thanks for the heads up

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Wish I hadn't spent full price on this. Probably my worst purchase this year after Crysis 3. I see a pattern...

Sa1nT_Ch3wy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sa1nT_Ch3wy

@with_teeth26 said:

Wish I hadn't spent full price on this. Probably my worst purchase this year after Crysis 3. I see a pattern...

Yeah generally I will never buy a game new at full price. I am still waiting for Crysis 3 to get a better deal before I spend money on a 5 hour campaign. And after how awful the battlefield 4 beta was I was especially not going to fork over $60 for a broken game

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I cannot even seem to purchase anything from origin right now........

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7  Edited By Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

Yup I learned my lesson after Crysis 3 even though I got that for $39. Never again. Then again, maybe this isn't such a good deal. It's just the barebones BF4 game, and there's 5 expansion packs coming up. Best to wait for premium edition being $20-30.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Elann2008

@Arthas045 said:

I cannot even seem to purchase anything from origin right now........

Yeah the system seems to be overloaded right now. Most likely from this slickdeal.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

I had an Amazon gift card, so I paid about 50$ for the full game and Premium. Totally worth it at that price. I dunno how I'd feel about paying full for both.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Elann2008

@psn8214 said:

I had an Amazon gift card, so I paid about 50$ for the full game and Premium. Totally worth it at that price. I dunno how I'd feel about paying full for both.

If you got the "premium" version then it's worth it if you must have it day one. But yeah, to pay full for both is ridiculous of EA or any company to ask of anyone although there are people who have money to throw around as if it meant nothing to them. Anyways, it's a nice heads up but $20 for barebones BF4 is like a cop-out. You'll just end up picking up "premium" later down the line because you want the expansions. Might as well wait for the premium edition to be $40 or less.

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

Kind of feels like a slap in the mouth I have had since launch full price and can hardly play it because all it does is crash and now it is only $30. Oh well I now know never buy a game that come sout in Nov or Oct

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

Skyrim and bf3 i bought full price. i will wait for bf4

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Luckily I only paid £30 after GMG discount and it's £26.99 on Origin so I don't feel too ripped off but wow, this really is shitty. I mean, I get that it's black Friday and there are sales blah blah blah, but this isn't some sort of super limited deal and this is a game that's been out for less than a month and has been broken for the majority of that time.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

$24.99 for digital deluxe and tax free... sweet! Not in a hurry to play hah!

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

I kept trying to buy it from Origin for about 4 hours, but it just wouldn't let me.. -___- I ended up getting it from Amazon instead for $25. (btw, the Amazon deal will only last for another hour and 20 minutes)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I feel sick now that I paid full price for both BF4 and Premium.

EA shouldn't have discounted it so much so soon.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

I feel sick now that I paid full price for both BF4 and Premium.

EA shouldn't have discounted it so much so soon.

Yep.

I paid £84.98 for BF4+Premium pack on Origin.

It's £69 now :(.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#18  Edited By mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Will just wait till both the full version and premium package come down to a reasonable price.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FelipeInside

@mhofever said:

Will just wait till both the full version and premium package come down to a reasonable price.

40% off a newly AAA released game isn't a reasonable price???

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Elann2008

@FelipeInside said:

@mhofever said:

You probably didn't read into his comment well enough. Full version, meaning premium edition with ALL the expansion packs. Even if you buy this barebones BF4 standard edition for $20 or the digital deluxe for $25, you would still only get one expansion pack, China Rising or whatever it's called. You'll still be out 4 more expansion packs. Why would you shoot yourself in the foot? If you buy into this deal, you'd still have to buy premium down the line or buy each expansion pack separately. EA is smart, but apparently some of us are not. It's a good bait and I'm sure many will fall for it. I'm with MHOfever, I'll wait for premium edition - $20-30.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside

@Elann2008 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@mhofever said:

You probably didn't read into his comment well enough. Full version, meaning premium edition with ALL the expansion packs. Even if you buy this barebones BF4 standard edition for $20 or the digital deluxe for $25, you would still only get one expansion pack, China Rising or whatever it's called. You'll still be out 4 more expansion packs. Why would you shoot yourself in the foot? If you buy into this deal, you'd still have to buy premium down the line or buy each expansion pack separately. EA is smart, but apparently some of us are not. It's a good bait and I'm sure many will fall for it. I'm with MHOfever, I'll wait for premium edition - $20-30.

Oh....I didn't even realize there was a "package" version with Premium on it. I always thought Premium was sold separately. My bad...

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Elann2008

@FelipeInside said:

@Elann2008 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@mhofever said:

Oh....I didn't even realize there was a "package" version with Premium on it. I always thought Premium was sold separately. My bad...

All is well. I mean, if all someone cares about is the barebones BF4 game and they feel they can get enough enjoyment out of that, more power to them. But i feel like it's a trap. Once you get the non-premium version, you'll want the expansion packs when they come out because the population shift will begin. I'm sure some of the expansions will be good too.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Wau this game I got it for $25

I feel insulted at the map design, it's like beyond bad.

I played my first game with fatal1ty(he's like rank 1000) and I couldn't believe how bad the game was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdbV5HXt-FM&hd=1&t=1m20s

how is it possible to make maps this bad, and the fps drops like crazy

make 5000 tunnels to spam explosives in

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Already own it on the PS4 (purely due to the B2G1F deal). I can't bring myself to play consolized games on the PC anymore. I'm not a fan of being continually slapped in the face by the people I'm giving my hard-earned money to. Though it seems no matter what platform you bought this game on, DICE/EA has formed a rape squad and their eyes are on all the consumers this time around.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Elann2008

@KHAndAnime said:

Already own it on the PS4 (purely due to the B2G1F deal). I can't bring myself to play consolized games on the PC anymore. I'm not a fan of being continually slapped in the face by the people I'm giving my hard-earned money to. Though it seems no matter what platform you bought this game on, DICE/EA has formed a rape squad and their eyes are on all the consumers this time around.

Even if it isn't a perfect port, I'd rather get it on the PC. I don't know how to play first-person shooters on a controller any more. xD it's impossible. Once you go mouse and keyboard, you never go back.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Elann2008 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Even if it isn't a perfect port, I'd rather get it on the PC. I don't know how to play first-person shooters on a controller any more. xD it's impossible. Once you go mouse and keyboard, you never go back.

64 players with a M+KB sounds like the epitome of hell on maps considering how open BF4's maps are. Not being able to walk anywhere without instantly getting sniped really doesn't sound terribly fun to me. That's primarily why the game feels consolized to me. With a M+KB, the game becomes more like an excercise in player-spotting and eyestrain and less of an entertaining experience. Hell, even with just a controller, the PS4 version already isn't far from this - I can only imagine how much worse it is on the PC version. I just went with what sounded like the more entertaining gameplay experience to me. Besides, I've been playing FPS primarily with a mouse and keyboard since I was a toddler. I'm too used to topping the scoreboards with M+KB. And once you're used to it, the challenge and fun associated with it really withers away. Additionally, PC game servers become really restricting with all their specific server-side mods, rules, and map-rotation - it gets to the point where it's an exercise in patience every time you simply want to find a normal server to play in. This never happens on the consoles.

Of course, just speaking on the experience personally. Is the PC version superior? I'm sure it is - I'm just not in the mood for it this time. I own and have played every single Battlefield game on the PC up until now. After spending a few weeks with the game, I can honestly say the maps and gameplay certainly feel more fine-tuned for controllers in mind, not mice and keyboards. The weapons are too accurate and the maps are too open and lacking cover compared to previous BF games. I've even sniped guys at their protected spawn, from my spawn, in many maps, with the Support Class' starter machine guns. And that's only the the DS4. :P

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Elann2008

@KHAndAnime said:

@Elann2008 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

64 players with a M+KB sounds like the epitome of hell on maps considering how open BF4's maps are. Not being able to walk anywhere without instantly getting sniped really doesn't sound terribly fun to me. That's primarily why the game feels consolized to me. With a M+KB, the game becomes more like an excercise in player-spotting and eyestrain and less of an entertaining experience. Hell, even with just a controller, the PS4 version already isn't far from this - I can only imagine how much worse it is on the PC version. I just went with what sounded like the more entertaining gameplay experience to me. Besides, I've been playing FPS primarily with a mouse and keyboard since I was a toddler. I'm too used to topping the scoreboards with M+KB. And once you're used to it, the challenge and fun associated with it really withers away. Additionally, PC game servers become really restricting with all their specific server-side mods, rules, and map-rotation - it gets to the point where it's an exercise in patience every time you simply want to find a normal server to play in. This never happens on the consoles.

Of course, just speaking on the experience personally. Is the PC version superior? I'm sure it is - I'm just not in the mood for it this time. I own and have played every single Battlefield game on the PC up until now. After spending a few weeks with the game, I can honestly say the maps and gameplay certainly feel more fine-tuned for controllers in mind, not mice and keyboards. The weapons are too accurate and the maps are too open and lacking cover compared to previous BF games. I've even sniped guys at their protected spawn, from my spawn, in many maps, with the Support Class' starter machine guns. And that's only the the DS4. :P

" I just went with what sounded like the more entertaining gameplay experience to me."

I can definitely respect that. :) And grats on having a PS4 already. I probably won't get mine until mid-2014. I still haven't bought BF4 either. I'm not sure if I'll ever get it haha. I feel like all the levelution stuff and somewhat bigger maps are nice and all but it still looks and feels like BF3.5 to me, or better yet, what BF3 should have been. I mean, BF3 did some things right and many things wrong. For instance, Capsian Border and some of the vanilla maps were wonderful. Where as with BF4, nothing really grabbed me except for maybe, Paracel Storm. Maybe I'm picky, or maybe I'm not crazy about playing more of the same too soon.

But I understand your complaints, like the lack of cover. Seems too easy to snipe especially with the more elevated level designs. Vertical design is nice when done right, not for exploitation. Yeah, again, I feel like I could just reinstall BF3 and I'd be fine, or go play Counter-strike. I don't feel like I was ever in a rush then, or now, to buy BF4. But I definitely know how you feel man. Like I've been dominating BF3 for too long, 300 hours, nearly 3 kd, and score per minute that clearly shows that I need to get out of the house more. I'm not proud of it. That's why I haven't bought BF4 because I feel like I'm just not having fun with it any more. Just my opinion.

I'd really like to hear more about how others think about BF4. I feel like it hasn't been talked about enough insofar as the FUN FACTOR goes. I'm aware of the technical issues on PC, but is the game fun? That's what matters. :)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

@Elann2008 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

I just went with what sounded like the more entertaining gameplay experience to me.

Dips in framerate and lower graphics isn't my idea of a more entertaining gameplay, but heck.... go for it.

The PC version is the superior one in all fronts, and the sniping is just bad if you play it like a COD game and run around like crazy. Most of the time I see a sniper, press Q to spot him and some helicopter or tank does the rest for me.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KHAndAnime

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Elann2008 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

I just went with what sounded like the more entertaining gameplay experience to me.

Dips in framerate and lower graphics isn't my idea of a more entertaining gameplay, but heck.... go for it.

The PC version is the superior one in all fronts, and the sniping is just bad if you play it like a COD game and run around like crazy. Most of the time I see a sniper, press Q to spot him and some helicopter or tank does the rest for me.

I've actually heard the PC version is the one suffering from performance issues and dips. In fact, I've heard more people complaining about the PC version than any other versions (though you could probably attribute it to the fact the most of the players are on the PC). The PS4 version runs butter smooth even in 64-player Conquest matches. It's also running at 900P, and runs equivalent to PC on a mix of High/Ultra settings (textures and SSAO maxed out on consoles). Graphically and frame-rate wise, the PC offers a very negligible advantage. It easily comes to the point of where what's more important is your monitor and speaker setup - my home theater setup probably accumulated a cost well over $3,000, so I decided to go with that. :P

I think there is one map where I've experienced a single dip, and I'm sure it will be something fixed in a patch. Anyways, Battlefield is far from it's funnest when can't escape from cover without getting shot at by a dozen different players across the map. Battlefield has never been that type of game in the past. This isn't RO2 after all. If you disagree, I agree with your right to disagree.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Elann2008 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

I've actually heard the PC version is the one suffering from performance issues and dips. In fact, I've heard more people complaining about the PC version than any other versions (though you could probably attribute it to the fact the most of the players are on the PC). The PS4 version runs butter smooth even in 64-player Conquest matches. It's also running at 900P, and runs equivalent to PC on a mix of High/Ultra settings (textures and SSAO maxed out on consoles). Graphically and frame-rate wise, the PC offers a very negligible advantage. It easily comes to the point of where what's more important is your monitor and speaker setup - my home theater setup probably accumulated a cost well over $3,000, so I decided to go with that. :P

I think there is one map where I've experienced a single dip, and I'm sure it will be something fixed in a patch. Anyways, Battlefield is far from it's funnest when can't escape from cover without getting shot at by a dozen different players across the map. Battlefield has never been that type of game in the past. This isn't RO2 after all. If you disagree, I agree with your right to disagree.

I've haven't got any performance problems on PC now that they have fixed it up a bit, just random rubberbanding but it seems to be on specific servers only.

I've seen both versions (PC and PS4) and although the PS4 version looks great, the PC version still looks better.

In your case with that home theatre set up it was better to go with the PS4 version.

As for snipers, I can't comment on past BFs since BF3 was my first and I didn't even play it that much, but in BF4 I rarely get sniped unless I'm going COD Crazy.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Elann2008

Damn this heated debate makes me want to buy it to "see for myself." xD I played in the beta but that was a rubbish beta. Hmmm.

Edit: I thought about it some more and I just went ahead with the digital deluxe version for $25. China Rising has some good maps....reminds me of Bad Company 2. So that was enough to sell me on it, plus the original 10 maps. Figured it will be a while until they drop the price on premium edition. But this is it for me, I won't be buying any map expansions until I see premium or premium edition for $15-20. In total, $40-45.. much better than when i paid $60 for BF3 + $35 for the premium edition to get the rest of the maps.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KHAndAnime

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@Elann2008 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

I've haven't got any performance problems on PC now that they have fixed it up a bit, just random rubberbanding but it seems to be on specific servers only.

I've seen both versions (PC and PS4) and although the PS4 version looks great, the PC version still looks better.

In your case with that home theatre set up it was better to go with the PS4 version.

As for snipers, I can't comment on past BFs since BF3 was my first and I didn't even play it that much, but in BF4 I rarely get sniped unless I'm going COD Crazy.

I'll just say BF4 and BF3 don't play how BF2 and preceding games played. BC2 played differently than the other BF games as well (and could be considered a consolized Battlefield game due to its origins) - but suffered harsh limitations on the consoles due to their hardware limitations. I have to say though - I'm thoroughly enjoying Battlefield 4 right now. I played Battlefield 3 on the PC (since launch) and was never quite convinced to purchase the onslaught of DLC that pursued. I simply ran into too many bugs with Origin and the game itself. Rarely do I have game-breaking buggy experiences with games, so this was particularly dampening to my experience. And then once each DLC package came out - the majority of the servers were running those maps and it was getting difficult to find ideal servers to play in.

I've never played a Battlefield game on the consoles before and never considered it before due to the limitations imposed upon the game by the console's hardware. I'd say even though it isn't the best experience you can have, it certainly isn't a far cry from the PC version of Battlefield (unlike the past). Sucks the launch has been relatively crappy across the board (from spying on all of their forum sections) - but I'm glad I can at least get into 64 player Conquest matches now (as of 3 days ago).

There is one thing for once I appreciate about using controllers with FPS games, and that there is an undeniable tactical significance associated with the handicapped aiming. Flanking, for example, is a lot more meaningful on the consoles than it is on the PC version. I have absolutely no problem 180-shotting anyone in any PC shooter, but there is always a challenge doing the same thing on the consoles. Spotting feels more convenient and natural to me on the controller. For some reason I've had no luck rebinding the key in past iterations of Battlefield because Q, the default comrose(?) button, has always been my Push-To-Talk key in VOIP programs.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Elann2008

^ Damn it KHAndAnime.. brings back memories of the Halo days haha. It was just pure good fun. 16 player big matches were good times.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Not to rub salt into anyone's wounds, but this was 2 years in the making for me. I bought a copy of bf3 near launch, for $60 without preorder dlc, and then black friday came so the game was $30.

Knowing how EA does things like these quick fire sales many times in the past, I thought I'll wait for this one too, and it paid off. $20/$25 for a month old blockbuster title! Now I have not dig deep into the game like an hour or two, so idk if I will like this one at this point.

GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GameFan1983
Member since 2004 • 2189 Posts

seriously?? how can you guys not know BF4 is $29.99 on origin for a day. only couple hrs left. just saying.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

It was actually 24.99 at GameStop. Since I know the manager he gave me the difference back. Probably the best black friday deal I've gotten thus far.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Elann2008

@Bikouchu35 said:

Not to rub salt into anyone's wounds, but this was 2 years in the making for me. I bought a copy of bf3 near launch, for $60 without preorder dlc, and then black friday came so the game was $30.

Knowing how EA does things like these quick fire sales many times in the past, I thought I'll wait for this one too, and it paid off. $20/$25 for a month old blockbuster title! Now I have not dig deep into the game like an hour or two, so idk if I will like this one at this point.

Indeed! Same here. I'm glad I waited, but my main reason for waiting because I thought it was going to be (for the most part), more BF3. To my surprise, it feels so much different; I can't put into words. Little things from character movements, to some tweaks to gunplay/gun mechanics, and map design made a big difference altogether. To put it simply, I've had more fun in the 1 hour I played BF4 last night, than I did in the last 200 hours I played in BF3.

They even managed to improve the already stellar sound design.

It is visually stunning too. Of course, if you're just comparing foliage, some terrain, those are probably reused assets. But other things like the water, water physics, vistas and scope of the game is humongous. On top of that, there's just so much more going on screen. Engineer class is fun to play again. Vehicles are fun to play again and they are integral tactic in pushing towards certain objectives, not just there so you can jump in so you can run across the map and base-rape, and camp out newbies.

Everything from the UI, squad management, VOIP, 5-man squad, squad deploy make the game SO much more enjoyable. Leaps and bounds. The commarose is actually good this time and I use it constantly.

New gun reload animations keep things fresh, and it's a lot smoother for gameplay. Teammates actually work together. People actually spot. People actually drop ammo and first aid, and revive. The maps are less "corridor" shootouts. The boat vehicles are extremely fun to use, especially if you play with friends.

I have never been able to get a "steady" above 60fps in BF3 with All Ultra settings, 4xMSAA. But in BF4, I'm running those settings and I'm always hovering over 60fps. Better optimization, at least for my PC.

The list goes on. $25 for the digital deluxe is a steal just so you can have something very fun to play over the holidays. At least you'll get China Rising expansion pack and it has some really good maps and weapons.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@Elann2008 said:

New gun reload animations keep things fresh, and it's a lot smoother for gameplay. Teammates actually work together. People actually spot. People actually drop ammo and first aid, and revive. The maps are less "corridor" shootouts. The boat vehicles are extremely fun to use, especially if you play with friends.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Lets not go overboard here. You have to basically scream at someone for them to drop ammo near you. :P

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

@Elann2008 said:

Indeed! Same here. I'm glad I waited, but my main reason for waiting because I thought it was going to be (for the most part), more BF3. To my surprise, it feels so much different; I can't put into words. Little things from character movements, to some tweaks to gunplay/gun mechanics, and map design made a big difference altogether. To put it simply, I've had more fun in the 1 hour I played BF4 last night, than I did in the last 200 hours I played in BF3.

I concur with you. Many of the improvements are subtle, but there's simply so many of them that it's impossible not to appreciate how much better BF4 is, especially if you played a lot of BF3. My favorite little touch is that there's finally depth of field when you aim down sight. The lack of this in BF3, while perhaps a small complaint, bothered the hell out of me.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Hmm i guess i just should stop buying mp games day 1 then. Half off after a month

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

The Ui and overall feel of BF4 feels more catered to PC players then BF3 ever did.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KHAndAnime

@JangoWuzHere said:

@KHAndAnime said:

The Ui and overall feel of BF4 feels more catered to PC players then BF3 ever did.

How so? Battlelog doesn't even work with Firefox for me. Doesn't seem all that catering...

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Elann2008

@KHAndAnime said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@KHAndAnime said:

How so? Battlelog doesn't even work with Firefox for me. Doesn't seem all that catering...

Probably has nothing to do with BF4, but I just can't stand Firefox. xD It's full of bugs. Come over to the dark side - Google Chrome. ;)

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KHAndAnime

@Elann2008 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Probably has nothing to do with BF4, but I just can't stand Firefox. xD It's full of bugs. Come over to the dark side - Google Chrome. ;)

Firefox works perfect for me and always has. Battlelog has always given me a myriad of issues, along with Origin. I don't like Chrome :(

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FelipeInside

@KHAndAnime said:

@Elann2008 said:

Firefox works perfect for me and always has. Battlelog has always given me a myriad of issues, along with Origin. I don't like Chrome :(

I hate Chrome too but Firefox works fine with Battlelog.

A few tips though to get it always working fine:

1. Install the Battlelog updates with Firefox closed down

2. Go into Add Ons and make sure both Battlelog and Sonar Extensions are set to ALWAYS ACTIVATE

3. Try Battlelog with all other extensions and/or themes turned off. I've noticed it conflicts sometimes with some.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Changing your equipment, picking spawn points, and navigaing the map was a mess in BF3. It's smoother and works much better with a mouse and keyboard in BF4.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KHAndAnime

@JangoWuzHere said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Changing your equipment, picking spawn points, and navigaing the map was a mess in BF3. It's smoother and works much better with a mouse and keyboard in BF4.

I'm glad to hear it's a big improvement on PC. And even if it's a huge improvement on PC, I'd say it works very well on consoles as well. Left stick lets me quickly pick a base to spawn on, right stick lets me quickly pick a vehicle to spawn on, d-pad lets me quickly spawn on a squad member, etc. - and I love how you can see everyone's camera on the map screen now. The controls are some of the best I've experienced on a console. The only thing I hate is knifing (and this probably applies across all platforms) - sometimes the knife animation doesn't want to engage, and I think it's much too easy to counter-knife.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@KHAndAnime said:

I'm glad to hear it's a big improvement on PC. And even if it's a huge improvement on PC, I'd say it works very well on consoles as well. Left stick lets me quickly pick a base to spawn on, right stick lets me quickly pick a vehicle to spawn on, d-pad lets me quickly spawn on a squad member, etc. - and I love how you can see everyone's camera on the map screen now. The controls are some of the best I've experienced on a console. The only thing I hate is knifing (and this probably applies across all platforms) - sometimes the knife animation doesn't want to engage, and I think it's much too easy to counter-knife.

LMAO how was bf3 a mess? it was pretty straighforward and easy to access. Console version was a complete lagfest