Battlefield 3 premium edition confusion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

krislim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 krislim
Member since 2005 • 485 Posts

Hey guys i was thinking about getting battlefield 3 and was confused about the premium edition. Do i have to buy battlefield 3 on its own and get the premium edition or can i just buy the premium edition and start playing? Also do alot of people still play or have they moved to black ops 2?

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts
GO here for info. http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/premium-edition Basically it's the original game plus all the expansions and some extra stuff. You only need to buy the premium edition. If you don't want to spend so much you can buy the regular game. Wait for a christmas sale.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Hey guys i was thinking about getting battlefield 3 and was confused about the premium edition. Do i have to buy battlefield 3 on its own and get the premium edition or can i just buy the premium edition and start playing? Also do alot of people still play or have they moved to black ops 2?

krislim

Premium Edition includes both BF3 vanilla as well as the Premium content. It includes two seperate codes so that if you already had BF3 vanilla, you could give that away to someone and use the Premium code for yourself (still requires the vanilla game though.)

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#5 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
premium is the pack for the dlcs premium edition is the game and the pack for the dlcs
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="krislim"]

ChubbyGuy40

Premium Edition includes both BF3 vanilla as well as the Premium content. It includes two seperate codes so that if you already had BF3 vanilla, you could give that away to someone and use the Premium code for yourself (still requires the vanilla game though.)

they never gave me an extra key for vanilla, just premium. I already had the base game

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

WATCH out which you buy!

There is the vanilla game, bf3 premium download, and bf3 premium edition < you want that one.

I think it was on sale for $30 a week ago. It comes with core game + the 5 dlc. I lol at EA burning their loyal part of the fanbase (earlier buyers) when they cut the price is to rock bottom not too long after initial release.

Don't buy just the vanilla game edition btw, there isnt that much maps/content when you compare the additions of the dlc.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="krislim"]

wis3boi

they never gave me an extra key for vanilla, just premium. I already had the base game

Only the physical copy has two separate codes. One for base game, and one for premium upgrade for those that already have the base game. The digital version has the base game and 5 expansion packs included but it's one code. If you want two separate codes, buy the retail version. That's what I did.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Elann2008

Only the physical copy has two separate codes. One for base game, and one for premium upgrade for those that already have the base game. The digital version has the base game and 5 expansion packs included but it's one code. If you want two separate codes, buy the retail version. That's what I did.

Digital retailers will give you two codes for Premium Edition. If you just buy Premium, you'll get just Premium.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

ChubbyGuy40

Digital retailers will give you two codes for Premium Edition. If you just buy Premium, you'll get just Premium.

Digital retailers give you two codes for Premium Edition too? Nice. I wish I bumped into you first lol. But I only got my copy for $30 from a retailer on Amazon.com before the price went back up to $60 again.