Battlefield 3 not many players in multiplayer.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KABCOOL
Member since 2009 • 1147 Posts

I just bought Battlefield 3 a couple hours ago and first of all it took me like 5 mins to actually get into a server, which seems like a ridiculously long time to me.Then I notice that there is only like 15 servers with players in them?!?! Is this correct or is something not right here. I thought that there would be 100+ servers and that tons of people would be playing.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

there are thousands of servers and thousands of players, but the list will never show you every single one. It gives you the best results

KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KABCOOL

there are thousands of servers and thousands of players, but the list will never show you every single one. It gives you the best results

wis3boi
Oh ok good cause I was like what the heck is going on here. Thanks. But there is one more problem it takes me like 5mins to join a server and its soo annoying! Any way to fix this?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I just bought Battlefield 3 a couple hours ago and first of all it took me like 5 mins to actually get into a server, which seems like a ridiculously long time to me.Then I notice that there is only like 15 servers with players in them?!?! Is this correct or is something not right here. I thought that there would be 100+ servers and that tons of people would be playing.

KABCOOL
Heaps of people playing. Are you sure you don't have FILTERS set for specific server searches?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

KABCOOL
Oh ok good cause I was like what the heck is going on here. Thanks. But there is one more problem it takes me like 5mins to join a server and its soo annoying! Any way to fix this?

It does take quite a while to join a server. From the moment I click on one, to the moment it joins and loads the map it's around 3 minutes.
KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KABCOOL
[QUOTE="KABCOOL"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

FelipeInside

It does take quite a while to join a server. From the moment I click on one, to the moment it joins and loads the map it's around 3 minutes.

Thats annoying how it takes so long but O well its a good game
DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts
[QUOTE="KABCOOL"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="KABCOOL"] Oh ok good cause I was like what the heck is going on here. Thanks. But there is one more problem it takes me like 5mins to join a server and its soo annoying! Any way to fix this?

Last big update for me added severe loading times. Before I used to click join and it would load, and I'd be in game within a minute.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

KABCOOL

I set my region to North America, 64 players, normal punkbuster, and there's plenty of servers to go around mate.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Elann2008

[QUOTE="KABCOOL"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] It does take quite a while to join a server. From the moment I click on one, to the moment it joins and loads the map it's around 3 minutes.DevilMightCry

Last big update for me added severe loading times. Before I used to click join and it would load, and I'd be in game within a minute.

Battlelog and EA servers still need a lot of work. Oddly, every other month, the game is running great for me.. Like, next month, it will probably run like crap again. This month, it has been good.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
Yeah I have the same thing happen to me, every odd numbered patch is great, every even numbered patch makes the game unplayable(stability wise) for my system. Currently I load maps extremely fast and rarely any issues, but previously I'd often load for a bit, then crash most of the time(in the previous patch), and the patch before that things were fine...
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FelipeInside
Yeah I have the same thing happen to me, every odd numbered patch is great, every even numbered patch makes the game unplayable(stability wise) for my system. Currently I load maps extremely fast and rarely any issues, but previously I'd often load for a bit, then crash most of the time(in the previous patch), and the patch before that things were fine...Zubinen
Hey Zub. When I put on the sever filter "Infantry Only", it still looks up MAPS with vehicles when I join them. Is there any way to get maps where vehicles are not allowed?
arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

I have no problem finding 100s of servers. I have plenty of filters on too. I hope you figure out why your list is coming up short.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

KABCOOL

I always had trouble finding servers. I don't think there a heaps and heaps of people playing. There used to be far more. I think overall the general consensus of the game is that it's glitchy and that it sucks. There are still select people though of course who prefer it over other FPS games particularly the Call of Duty Franchise in general. However, even in the PC gaming community more people seem to be playing that franchise instead as the end result. That should tell you something.

Both games are okay in their own right, but I must admit I can't stand the faults of BF3.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

wis3boi

It gives the worst results, the sv browser is broken TC (was broken with a patch, because at launch it worked), just scroll down to load more servers, the first "page" is filled with empty servers and servers that only have a few players, the next pages will be filled with full 64 player servers (for conquest and 64 filters).

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside
I just sort them by numbers of players, easy...
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Elann2008
I just sort them by numbers of players, easy...FelipeInside
It's a hit or miss. For me, 99% of the time, when I sort by players, I would still scroll down and find servers near the bottom of the list with full servers and servers almost filled up. It's weird though, Battlelog doesn't recognize this and separates a certain number of maps by sections (you will see a faint line after a number of maps). I always check the mid, or bottom lists and you might get lucky with a good server. :)
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
[QUOTE="Zubinen"]Yeah I have the same thing happen to me, every odd numbered patch is great, every even numbered patch makes the game unplayable(stability wise) for my system. Currently I load maps extremely fast and rarely any issues, but previously I'd often load for a bit, then crash most of the time(in the previous patch), and the patch before that things were fine...FelipeInside
Hey Zub. When I put on the sever filter "Infantry Only", it still looks up MAPS with vehicles when I join them. Is there any way to get maps where vehicles are not allowed?

Not sure if that filter option even works, I don't bother with it as I prefer to play on maps the way the developers intended for me to, but Seine Crossing and Grand Bazaar are great if you want to play as infantry, only one jeep and one MBT/IFV per team, try them out.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="KABCOOL"] Oh ok good cause I was like what the heck is going on here. Thanks. But there is one more problem it takes me like 5mins to join a server and its soo annoying! Any way to fix this?KABCOOL

large maps and complex engine. it's been like that since BF1942.

atleast for me, long loading times have been like a Battlefield signature.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

just as the others said, but just to be sure, firewall does have an exception when it comes to BF3, right?

ArcticBadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ArcticBadger
Member since 2008 • 111 Posts

My mate had trouble finding more servers too when he first got it and there was a few simple things which can mess with the ammount of servers that show up.

1 - Don't put too many filters up, keep them to a minimum since it's a rather buggy system.

2 - After refreshing the list grab hold of your scroll bar and keep pulling it down until server stop loading in.

3 - Scroll back up to the top and click on the player count tab and voila, lot's and lot's of full servers.

I know it seems kind of obviouse but i've heard of several people that don't scroll the page all the way down. Regarding the loading times, yes, they're very slow but can be increased dramaticaly with a faster Hard Drive, CPU ect... mine taks about 3 min to load after chosing a server.

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#21 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts
Took me 3-5 minutes to connect for my first match last night.
Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

KABCOOL

Lowering the texture-quality helps.
SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

My mate had trouble finding more servers too when he first got it and there was a few simple things which can mess with the ammount of servers that show up.

1 - Don't put too many filters up, keep them to a minimum since it's a rather buggy system.

2 - After refreshing the list grab hold of your scroll bar and keep pulling it down until server stop loading in.

3 - Scroll back up to the top and click on the player count tab and voila, lot's and lot's of full servers.

I know it seems kind of obviouse but i've heard of several people that don't scroll the page all the way down. Regarding the loading times, yes, they're very slow but can be increased dramaticaly with a faster Hard Drive, CPU ect... mine taks about 3 min to load after chosing a server.

ArcticBadger

The fact that you would have to even go to such legnths to find servers is remarkably stupid.

ArcticBadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ArcticBadger
Member since 2008 • 111 Posts

[QUOTE="ArcticBadger"]

SystemsGO

The fact that you would have to even go to such legnths to find servers is remarkably stupid.

Indeed. I've played just about every Battlefield game released on PC and the server browsers are one thing they've never got 100% right. BF3 and Battlelog has just made it worse. :roll:

thebigyin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thebigyin
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts
I also bought the game on friday and had a nightmare trying to install it and get it running..... somthing like 10+ hours trying to figure out the issue why it was crashing (crossfire) and now i`m having the same issues, filter to 64 player and its showing 2 servers that is full and 1 with 28 players and the rest empty.... i`m typing this as i`m waiting the 5 mins for the game/server to load. Not to mention the issues that i`m having with crossfire crashing the game still :( (latest drivers installed) ................. should have just went with MW3
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
The filters simply don't work a lot for me. I can filter for conquest and get a bunch of conquest 64 player games, but if I filter for conquest and 64 player maps, I get 2 empty servers. They need to fix the server browser.
ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

KABCOOL

You could try playing with the filters in the matchmaking area to find near full maps. Regarding the time it takes to join a server, its pretty much for everyone. You could uncheck the "Open game when ready" box and that would take you straight to the game just to see the loading screens.