Battlefield 3 n 4 multiplayer ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

s_emi_xxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By s_emi_xxxxx
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts

Hi everyone, I've logged in after ages here... been very much into gaming in past years but had little time for them lately.

Now I'm with left nothing but a few shooters that aren't active or only SP. I haven't bought battlefield 4, but i still got battlefield 3.. So... is it still active ? like well ? Cos if I install it i'll have these GBs of updates which im not sure are worth taking risk over. Clearly most players must've migrated to BF4. So thought of asking here instead.

And how active is Battlefield 4 itself ? ton of servers n players yea ?

s_emi_xxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 s_emi_xxxxx

@Chatch09:

Yup, but the thing is it still costs 3500 INR, about 56$ in Origin.com India here. Games have suddenly gotten so expensive here... I'm gonna spend for battlefield hardline, gta v // but spending 3500 INR (which is alot) on bf4 didn't seem like smart choice before inquiring, and i'd do it if hardline wasn't coming out ! anyways, thanks

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

I still play BF3 occasionally and I can always find a vanilla server. I'm in Europe, but I played on American servers as well, where my ping was around 150ms and I didn't notice any lag. You can probably find premium on ebay or some game forums for cheap, if you don't have it, but it's really not necessary. BF4 only has a bigger player base, but everyone says BF3 is better.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@s_emi_xxxxx said:

And how active is Battlefield 4 itself ? ton of servers n players yea ?

Yep, tons of servers. And don't listen to anyone who says the game is buggy or broken, it's been fixed a long time ago. And it's been constantly getting new updates and features, the game is pretty awesome right now.

And I don't really expect Hardline to affect the BF4 player base that much. While having the Battlefield name, it's far from being a Battlefield game.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Still plenty of people playing 4, but I would just wait for Hardline. No sense paying that price in India for an old game.

quikdash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 quikdash6
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts

@airshocker said:

Still plenty of people playing 4, but I would just wait for Hardline. No sense paying that price in India for an old game.

Why? They're pretty different games.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

I hated 4. So I hope you are great at jet wh0ring otherwise the gunplay was so meh in my opinion. I liked 3 much better, but the dlc levels for both seems pretty dead when I checked months ago. Vanilla should be still good.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

3 is a much better game, but yes there are a lot of people still play 4.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

@Chatch09 said:

A lot of people still play BF4 but I expect that to change once Hardline launches. Right now you can get BF4 for $9 on Origin, with Premium (all DLC) for $18.

apples to oranges. I dont think hardline will affect the BF4 player base much. They're like different games and almost everyone I know dislikes hardline a lot. They arent going to leave tanks and jets for wonky car physics. It feels so disconnected from BF4. The only thing joining them is the reused assets.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@quikdash6 said:

@airshocker said:

Why should he pay around $55 for a game that's old? Who gives a shit if they're different games? It's Battlefield, it's the same basic experience. BF4 players will move to Hardline when it comes out, there's no sense in wasting money when Hardline comes out in March.

quikdash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 quikdash6

@airshocker said:

@quikdash6 said:

@airshocker said:

Why should he pay around $55 for a game that's old? Who gives a shit if they're different games? It's Battlefield, it's the same basic experience. BF4 players will move to Hardline when it comes out, there's no sense in wasting money when Hardline comes out in March.

Lol. Do you buy COD every year because it's the new one? Have you played either of these games? It is definitely not the same experience. I think Hardline is shit. I'm not switching just because it's newer. Newsflash, just because it's new doesn't make it better.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@airshocker said:

It's Battlefield, it's the same basic experience. BF4 players will move to Hardline when it comes out, there's no sense in wasting money when Hardline comes out in March.

Nope. Other than the two games being shooters, they're not the same at all. Hardline doesn't have the huge maps, the destruction, or the vehicle combat.. The main three things that distinguishes Battlefield from other shooters. While some players will definitely move to Hardline because it's the shiny new thing, I think the majority of the player base will stick with Battlefield 4.

Oh and also the game is usually on sale for $10.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@harry_james_pot said:

@airshocker said:

It's Battlefield, it's the same basic experience. BF4 players will move to Hardline when it comes out, there's no sense in wasting money when Hardline comes out in March.

Nope. Other than the two games being shooters, they're not the same at all. Hardline doesn't have the huge maps, the destruction, or the vehicle combat.. The main three things that distinguishes Battlefield from other shooters. While some players will definitely move to Hardline because it's the shiny new thing, I think the majority of the player base will stick with Battlefield 4.

Oh and also the game is usually on sale for $10.

The TC already said it's insanely expensive in his country. I see no point in him buying both games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@quikdash6 said:

@airshocker said:

@quikdash6 said:

@airshocker said:

Lol. Do you buy COD every year because it's the new one? Have you played either of these games? It is definitely not the same experience. I think Hardline is shit. I'm not switching just because it's newer. Newsflash, just because it's new doesn't make it better.

Where does CoD even come into this? I'm not calling Battlefield a shitty game, I'm saying it's the same basic experience from title to title.

You're in the minority, dude.

quikdash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 quikdash6

@airshocker said:
Where does CoD even come into this? I'm not calling Battlefield a shitty game, I'm saying it's the same basic experience from title to title. You're in the minority, dude.

I was using the COD franchise as an example of a game that many people buy every year because it's new.

I don't think I'm in the minority saying I'll stick with BF4 either, but I guess time will tell.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

BF4 has more players, usually 2x or 3x more players. But BF3 still has enough players for games.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#18  Edited By _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

@Chatch09 said:

A lot of people still play BF4 but I expect that to change once Hardline launches. Right now you can get BF4 for $9 on Origin, with Premium (all DLC) for $18.

its $49.99 here for premium. Where exactly do you see this $18?

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#19 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

BF3 was meh to me because of some features I missed from BF2. I finally gave in and bought BF4 while it was on sale and did not regret it. It's fun and there are still MANY servers available.

For a free-to-play option, try the futuristic Planetside 2. It's free to play, but can be taxing on your CPU due to its large battles (over 1,000).

bluesunmerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21 bluesunmerc
Member since 2014 • 281 Posts

@quikdash6: Naa your not the only one I played the hardline beta and It was fun but not enough for me to get it. The way it seems like they want you to play some modes like hotwire suggest the cars are a huge part of the game yet the car physics are pretty bad. Hopefully its something they will take it to consideration since it was a beta. But the lack of different guns is also a big thing (again beta so there will probably be a whole lot more.) The one thing I like about it is the weapon system save up and buy what you want and not have to wait till lvl 50 to get your favorite gun. (ill probably end up getting it but not new I bought the master chief collection i bought bf4 when it came out so ive started to not buy brand new games because of this.

s_emi_xxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By s_emi_xxxxx

Thanks guys. This helps. I understand now that the core battlefield experience is only possible in 3 n 4. So I hear 3 is still mildly active ? Awesome i'll start updating my game on origin right away. Also may look out for Battlefield 4 sale, for us it sometimes drops to a more reasonable 30$ price tag.

From how I see it Battlefield Hardline will be fun, fresh n active, but won't keep BF veterans glued for long.

I never thought I'd jump back in online gaming, but this is what a humerus fracture does to you.. I'm stuck to my chair n bed but I can play !... may be this is the time to revive some good old memories.

my fellow gamespot users as helpful as always :)

cheers

PIGONSTEROIDZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PIGONSTEROIDZ
Member since 2014 • 96 Posts

I still play BF4 never have problems finding a game and to me it is one of the best games out there, but I also have BF3 and would not hesiate to play that again.

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Soethi6
Member since 2014 • 425 Posts

Still play BF3. You find a good amount of servers (in germany I always find 10-20 with a good ping) which aren't empty, full or password protected. Most of them run on Premium though.