Battlefield 3 - Actual night time mod & Others

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

I saw this from a youtuber today and I hadn't seen people linking it before, it looks amazing and is a proper night time mod for BF3 where things are actually dark and not blue. You NEED a flashlight to see anything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZonDELvXDo

Then he has some other mods like the promod than removes suppression among other things

These two alone show how cool it would be to have mods for BF3, a boy can dream I guess

#2 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -

That's really cool. Shame DICE / EA is not going to support modding.

#3 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

trastamad03
if they could have it their way they copy someones work and place it on the market and claim it's theirs
#4 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="trastamad03"]

k2theswiss

if they could have it their way they copy someones work and place it on the market and claim it's theirs

Crowd-sourcing DLC?

#5 Posted by klusps (10381 posts) -

Wow, love to see a full scale battle happening while the mod is on. Shame on DICE/EA for not allowing mods.

#6 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4089 posts) -

Nice. Glad someone is paying attention to what night actually looks like. Now all we need is one for WoW and we're set....

#7 Posted by nutcrackr (12632 posts) -
yeah awesome, not being able to see anything leads to great gameplay moments. Just keep pressing Q over and over and shoot the doritos. I was quietly hoping this was a day / night cycle mod.
#8 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Lack of modding is exactly why i don't play this sh!tbox game any more...that and the fact that origin is an attrocious pile of monkey sh!t.

#9 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

I'm always disappointed that more games don't have low visibility maps, I know they tend to be unpopular (I remember the Ship map in CoD4 being wildly unpopular despite good level design), but it would be incredibly fun and tense to have to use weapons with flashlights and stick close together due to low visibility.

Ah well, hopefully BF4 can at least give us something as simple as the Forge editing tools in Halo to let us change the visibility of maps.

#10 Posted by -Unreal- (24544 posts) -

What's it called? "No moon mod"?

#11 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -

[QUOTE="trastamad03"]

k2theswiss

that is definitely something they would do.