Batman won't punch.

#1 Posted by toddx77 (3303 posts) -

On my steam version of Arkham Origins Batman will not puch in the main game or challenge mode. Every other button works, I bind punch to another key and it worked fine. I put punch back to left mouse button and he wouldn't punch. I even re installed the game and still have the game problem. Anyone else know how to fix this?

#2 Edited by olimcnoly (21 posts) -

maybe u have a pacifist edition :)

#3 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (15259 posts) -

Why aren't you using a controller ? :(

#4 Posted by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

I would try to use a controller. That completely skips over these kinds of issues when they arise.

#5 Posted by toddx77 (3303 posts) -

I don't have controller for PC games and using a controller doesn't really fix the problem.

#6 Posted by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

@toddx77 said:

I don't have controller for PC games and using a controller doesn't really fix the problem.

How do you know if you don't have a controller?

#7 Edited by blangenakker (2495 posts) -

Check the controls and make sure the game didn't randomly unbind the punching button.

#8 Edited by JigglyWiggly_ (23715 posts) -

You can try my input settings I suppose for origins. \SinglePlayer\BMGame\Config\

bminput.ini http://pastebin.com/d8N8B9nN

Not sure why people are recommending a controller, I definitely wouldn't want to play the batman games with one.

#9 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (15259 posts) -

@JigglyWiggly_

Is it because your hand and Fingers are different from that of a normal human being ? If you have tentacles then, sure, don't use a controller.

#10 Edited by JigglyWiggly_ (23715 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@JigglyWiggly_

Is it because your hand and Fingers are different from that of a normal human being ? If you have tentacles then, sure, don't use a controller.

Maybe it's because i'm not a handicap?

Turning is simply better on a mouse and so is clicking. I beat the game on hard and rarely ever got hit in any of the melee fights. Countering is simply faster on a mouse click rather than a gamepad. Movement is also better on a keyboard since at no point do you ever not want a full direction movement input.

e.g me just countering

#11 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (15259 posts) -

@JigglyWiggly_

The differences are too microscopic to matter, a controller is far more ergonomical.

#12 Posted by toddx77 (3303 posts) -

Well I don't know what I did, but the problem is fixed lol.

#13 Posted by Behardy24 (4758 posts) -

@olimcnoly said:

maybe u have a pacifist edition :)

lol

#14 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (15259 posts) -

@toddx77

HELL YEAH ! Now Go Get'em !