Batman Arkham Origins

#1 Posted by mep69 (1868 posts) -

So, I enjoy Asylum but couldn't really get into City. Found it a bit samey. Long story short, will I enjoy Origins if I didn't enjoy City ?

#2 Posted by glez13 (8874 posts) -

Origins is more of the same. So if you didn't like City you won't like Origins.

#3 Edited by KILLERJAK702KA (976 posts) -

@mep69: Then again it's only $7.49 on steam summer sale right now

#4 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13600 posts) -

Word on the Street is theres a Complete Edition of the game coming.... I think you should wait.

#5 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3904 posts) -

If you didn't enjoy City stay away from Origins.

I personally love Asylum but never got into City much and I got Origins free with my graphics card and played it for about 3 hours before giving up. Open world Batman isn't that fun... Once the novelty of gliding around wears off you are left with a game inferior to Asylum and that goes for City as well.

#6 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16550 posts) -

No, Origins is a much weaker version of City.

#7 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6420 posts) -

Kinda dumb question but how is the atmosphere/snow/graphics in this game compared to the others??

#8 Posted by Arthas045 (5247 posts) -

@glez13 said:

Origins is more of the same. So if you didn't like City you won't like Origins.

Pretty much this in a nut shell....

#9 Posted by dangamit (633 posts) -

@AdamPA1006 said:

Kinda dumb question but how is the atmosphere/snow/graphics in this game compared to the others??

OK so I loved City s much so that I decided to buy Origins. Here's my take on the differences:

-The interiors are more detailed and the lightning looks better in Origins.

-The city in Origins sucks. It's too big and bland. You'll often notice washed out textures and crappy geometry. The lightning is crap in the city. So don't expect the colorful, detailed city you found in AC. This is one of the reasons I only played the campaign in Origins. I was put off by the lack of polish in the city. I think the developers bit off more than they could chew with such an unnecessarily big map.

-Atmosphere in AC is much better.

-The story in City is much better, but Origins' story is still good with a very impressive set of characters.

It's not even a competition. City beats Origin in almost every aspect, but if I were you I'd buy origins just for the campaign and great voice acting.

#10 Edited by mep69 (1868 posts) -

Ok I'll give it a miss. Shame because i love Batman, hopefully Arkham Knight will be better.