Batman: Arkham City Crashes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kman786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kman786
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hi, when I first bought Batman: Arkham City, I had a problem with the game freezing up in the same spot in right after the first cutscene of the game with Catwoman. I fixed it by playing the game in window mode, which worked with no freezes until I got to the part in the game (which isn't too far, I believe) where you have to go find Mr. Freeze (yeah, its ironic) in the GCPD building. Right after the part where you're saving the cops while the ice is breaking under your feet, with the penguinized shark, the game freezes EVERY time and I've tried it like 5 times. Specifically, the freeze happens when I go through the door right after the icy room with the shark. I am running the game on a HP pavillion dv6 quad core, and I have tried the set affinity fix...any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated as I love this game and would like to keep playing it. Sorry if this doesn't go here...but I figured this might be the forum to post it on.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

The installation might have been corrupted so if you have Steam you can "verify the integrity of the game cache" or a boxed copy you can just uninstall and reinstall the game.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card.

Try disabling as many background applications as possible and see if maybe those programs are conflicting with it.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

The installation might have been corrupted so if you have Steam you can "verify the integrity of the game cache" or a boxed copy you can just uninstall and reinstall the game.

Try disabling as many background applications as possible and see if maybe those programs are conflicting with it.

Fizzman
do that also if i'm not mistaken Batman has physx. Try and disable them since sometimes even on Nvidia cards can cause trouble
kman786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kman786

Fizzman
Verified integrity via Steam and it all checks out. Installed the latest drivers for my video card and disabled ALL background applications, ran it aaaaaaaand NO LUCK! Crashed again.
kman786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kman786
[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

adamosmaki
do that also if i'm not mistaken Batman has physx. Try and disable them since sometimes even on Nvidia cards can cause trouble

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Disabling physX worked. THANK YOU SO MUCH!