Avoid Logitech mice

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HostileEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HostileEffect
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts

MY MESSAGE IS NOT BLANK GLITCH SPOT!!!

every Logitech that I can remember using has had some kind of problem or flat out didn't work. I will start with my G7, random listing.

Logitech G7 cordless laser "gaming mouse": This mouse was a piece of crap right out of the box and to think it cost over $100USD at a major retailer that I won't name - I should have used the golden egg. The manual was torn, I found one or more finger prints on the CD and I just got the feeling that this was a repackaged item being sold as new. It very unreliable due to the fact that it randomly disconnects all the time. The mouse got me killed so many times in Counter-Strike, Farcry and has been a PITA for my mum and her WoW. A priest must be able to heal ASAP without disconnections and not have to worry about running into mobs in endgame due to the mouse freezing up. A few hours ago the mouse died out and refused to light up but after beating the crap out of it and switching battery packs... it works. This mouse has been a waste of money starting about one-two weeks after purchase and has been a waste ever since. The mouse is only a few months old.
I quote from my G7 box, "Logitech makes more mice than anyone else in the world. With this product, you're buying proven technology, world-forbidden and unmatched reliability." -- Yeah, every mouse I have owned except one has sucked, it would seem about right to keep making one after another. World-forbidden quality - From swim suits that rip to speakers that die, nearly everything I get from China breaks within a year. The swimsuit holds the one - two week record. Unmatched reliability my *bleeping* *bleep*, I call bullcakes! I can't even surf the Internet without having the mouse die on me. Someone else has had the same problems with this mouse and ended up getting a "cutting and shave" mouse, I think I will do the same.

Logitech headset: I'm not in the mood to go get it to find out the name of the headset. The microphone blew according to people in Counter-Strike and trying to get sound to come out was a nightmare. It is now in a box of spare parts due to not even working. I don't know how long it has been here but its only about a year old and basically never used.

Logitech RF wireless mouse: Was so resistant to movement...probably due to being a ball mouse... it has been collecting dust for the last year and only used out of pure need.
Logitech optical wireless mouse: I couldn't move this turd very fast before it got choppy and that caused me to die a lot.
Logitech wired mouse: I could move this one fast enough but the buttons crapped out and that is no good for AWPs.

I have had two good Logitech experiences, A track man which lasted many years and a Joystick which also lasted many years and I used to use it with BF2 until I found that "dead spot". The mouse needed a lot of cleaning and the buttons wore out eventually but it was good and I still have it in a spare parts box. The Joystick I think is a
"Wingman Attack" and has lasted many years and the buttons are great but it has a spot just off to the right where it likes to go to instead of the center. This sucks when you fly into the ground to the right or can't turn hard enough to the left.
Logitech will see one last bit of money for some X-530 speakers but I will get my mice and joysticks elsewhere.
I just want people to be aware of the hell that I have had and hope that they think twice before buying. To anyone that really read this: thank you for your time.

Glitch spot choped off the first... and gave me a... grr...

surferboyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 surferboyo
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts

Wait....your mum has a WoW account?

Cool mum man

oh and i was going to get a logitech mouse but im having second thoughts now...maybe it was just the retailer?

anyway... any brands anyone reccomends?

HostileEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HostileEffect
I plan to go for a Razor copperhead as I remember it being recommended a long time ago by THG, also the guy with the same G7 problems got one... so yeah. Saitek CyborgEVO... I hear its good and well its recommended for BF2 by "people"... The Steelpad S&S is less than the awsome I was expecting but I'm not using the pad surfers so that might have something to do with it. I plan to get an icemat...
I didn't say anything in my first post due to fear of being attacked by a mod on "advertisment".
bigster72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bigster72
Member since 2005 • 770 Posts
I bet there are lots of people who have no problems with logitech mice or other things from logitech,i use a razer copperhead and i like it,but after a year i had to get a new one because the left button would double click on one click,very anoying.
HostileEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HostileEffect
I'm sure there are people that are happy with Logitech products. As for a WoW playing mum being something cool... I liked it a lot better when my computer wasn't being over worked from 2PM - 3:00AM like today. I liked it better when I could access my computer... I'm up at 5:48AM typing this because of her pathetic addiction.
chipface-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chipface-z
Member since 2006 • 1336 Posts
I bought an MX510 mouse 2 years ago and I love it. It's still awesome. I'm also loving my G15 keyboard.
rere252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rere252
Member since 2005 • 232 Posts
my logitech optical mouse has lasted me for 4,5 years actually.. no problems with it.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
that's why I like wired mice to wireless.
Platearmor_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Platearmor_6
Member since 2004 • 2817 Posts
I bought the Logitech X518 and thought it was great. It cost about £35, and I'm really pleased but everything else I've had from Logitech, well lets just say it wasn't to my standard. I had some Logitech speaker system that looked nice but didn't sound to great, so I bought a cheaper set that looked the same but the case was made out of wood instead of plastic and it is made by a company called Genius.
Aeronautical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Aeronautical
Member since 2005 • 2039 Posts
I've always have gotten Logitech mice, although never a "gaming" one. I'm planning to get the G5 along with my new computer in a few months.
muddyalcapones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 muddyalcapones
Member since 2004 • 3259 Posts
mice are a thing of the past, people! I use my nintendo power glove /sarcasm

seriously though, I have a logitech LX3 optical mouse and it rocks. only $60 too.
ZeusH8su

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZeusH8su
Member since 2006 • 179 Posts
MX510 and G5 running great for very,very long time.
macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 macpop
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts
idk my cuz has a logy, i love it, but im fine with my razer
Taijiquan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Taijiquan
Member since 2002 • 7431 Posts

mice are a thing of the past, people! I use my nintendo power glove /sarcasm

seriously though, I have a logitech LX3 optical mouse and it rocks. only $60 too.
muddyalcapones

Nice.  :P  I use an MX 1000 no problems.  Only thing I complain about is the fact I can't find a good mouse pad as my wood desk is getting slightly warped and this mouse does not respond to most pads I buy.

Gimli64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gimli64
Member since 2002 • 865 Posts
No problems with my Logitech G5 mouse, no problems with my Logitech Webcam - conclusion it might just be that you have bad luck with Logitech products.   
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#16 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

Everyone has bad luck occasionally.

I've gone from a Logitech Mouseman (ball mouse) to an optical Mouseman, before switching over to an MX500 and my current G5. Haven't had an issue with any of them, and I even dragged out the old Mouseman for work last summer because the office saw fit to give me a crappy old ball Microsoft mouse. I'd forgotten how much they suck.

My sister is using my optical Mouseman and my older computer has been going fine with that MX500 for years.

Oddly enough the reason I went Logitech in the first place was that I had horrible luck with the quality of Microsoft's peripherals.

Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts
MX310 for 2 years and an MX1000 for a few months, a Logitech webcam some speakers etc. etc. no problems as of yet. It's probably just your luck. :P
dawgsfan1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 dawgsfan1447
Member since 2004 • 5054 Posts
Sounds like you just had some bad experiences. As for the G7 thats the retailer's fault since they seemed to be selling a returned mouse. My MX518 works great and I've had it for uhh close to a year I guess, my logitech keyboard has been workin great for gah who knows how long, at least two years. Logitech products are great, you just have bad luck with them I guess.
Baselerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Baselerd
Member since 2003 • 5104 Posts
I have had a logitech optical mouse for 3 or so years, never had a problem with it, and a keyboard too. I also have a logitech attack 3 joystick, no problems there. Also, I have Logitech z-5300 speakers, and they ROCK. But logitech makes everything, and I have no bias against them atm.
DirkVDV01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DirkVDV01
Member since 2004 • 20155 Posts
I always used standard mice from Genius, MS or even no-name ones and they all worked fine. Now, I recently needed a new mouse and I bought one from... Logitech. A mouse with a red LED, gave me nothing but trouble and it's driving me nuts, always resyncs it's position by going to the edge of the screen just like no tomorrow. Tried it with different refresh frequencies, on different surfices, with different pads, without pads, cleaned everything. NOTHING! You would be right about Logitech being crap. I'm dissapointed as well.
GTJimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GTJimmy
Member since 2006 • 807 Posts
i have had a logitech g7 for a year now and have yet to encounter on problem. worked straight out the box, and was shipped to me in pristine condition rom newegg. on my last pc i had a logitech wireless mouse/keyboard and that toally pwned too. i think your just a queef eater.
-SaI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -SaI
Member since 2006 • 401 Posts
cordless mouse for gaming is suicide, better get the G5
mikemil828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mikemil828
Member since 2003 • 7024 Posts

every Logitech that I can remember using has had some kind of problem or flat out didn't work. I will start with my G7, random listing.

Logitech G7 cordless laser "gaming mouse": This mouse was a piece of crap right out of the box and to think it cost over $100USD at a major retailer that I won't name - I should have used the golden egg. The manual was torn, I found one or more finger prints on the CD and I just got the feeling that this was a repackaged item being sold as new. It very unreliable due to the fact that it randomly disconnects all the time. The mouse got me killed so many times in Counter-Strike, Farcry and has been a PITA for my mum and her WoW. A priest must be able to heal ASAP without disconnections and not have to worry about running into mobs in endgame due to the mouse freezing up. A few hours ago the mouse died out and refused to light up but after beating the crap out of it and switching battery packs... it works. This mouse has been a waste of money starting about one-two weeks after purchase and has been a waste ever since. The mouse is only a few months old.
I quote from my G7 box, "Logitech makes more mice than anyone else in the world. With this product, you're buying proven technology, world-forbidden and unmatched reliability." -- Yeah, every mouse I have owned except one has sucked, it would seem about right to keep making one after another. World-forbidden quality - From swim suits that rip to speakers that die, nearly everything I get from China breaks within a year. The swimsuit holds the one - two week record. Unmatched reliability my *bleeping* *bleep*, I call bullcakes! I can't even surf the Internet without having the mouse die on me. Someone else has had the same problems with this mouse and ended up getting a "cutting and shave" mouse, I think I will do the same.

Logitech headset: I'm not in the mood to go get it to find out the name of the headset. The microphone blew according to people in Counter-Strike and trying to get sound to come out was a nightmare. It is now in a box of spare parts due to not even working. I don't know how long it has been here but its only about a year old and basically never used.

Logitech RF wireless mouse: Was so resistant to movement...probably due to being a ball mouse... it has been collecting dust for the last year and only used out of pure need.
Logitech optical wireless mouse: I couldn't move this turd very fast before it got choppy and that caused me to die a lot.
Logitech wired mouse: I could move this one fast enough but the buttons crapped out and that is no good for AWPs.

I have had two good Logitech experiences, A track man which lasted many years and a Joystick which also lasted many years and I used to use it with BF2 until I found that "dead spot". The mouse needed a lot of cleaning and the buttons wore out eventually but it was good and I still have it in a spare parts box. The Joystick I think is a
"Wingman Attack" and has lasted many years and the buttons are great but it has a spot just off to the right where it likes to go to instead of the center. This sucks when you fly into the ground to the right or can't turn hard enough to the left.
Logitech will see one last bit of money for some X-530 speakers but I will get my mice and joysticks elsewhere.
I just want people to be aware of the hell that I have had and hope that they think twice before buying. To anyone that really read this: thank you for your time.

HostileEffect

My experiences with Logitech Products:

G7:

I have had no problem with the G7 other than the fact that the batteries on my mouse eventually completely died, which kinda shows how longlasting the thing is, that it would outlast its two lithium ion batteries, no disconnect problems and my mouse running low on batteries never got me killed, of course I actually checked my battery power indicator every now and then to check how much power I had. I wish I could say the same about Razer's mice

Logitech Gaming Headset:

Other than the comparative low quality sound (at least, compared to the professional headphone monitor I usually use. it has served me well.

Logitech Z-5500s

Has been flawless for 3 years, no problems

So folks that have been successfully swayed by this hater, don't worry about it. If he wanted something that actually worked instead of something to complain about, he should have talked to customer service.

DirkVDV01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DirkVDV01
Member since 2004 • 20155 Posts
Give credit where credit is due: I've had some Logitech Z-2300's for about a year now and those couldn't have been better. I enjoy those very much, they work perfectly and couldn't have been better.
JumpingMirrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 JumpingMirrior
Member since 2004 • 11495 Posts
I Have a a decent amount of Logitech stuff ( PC and other stuff ) and I enjoy it all. I lvoe my mouse, the MX518, i have a Headset thats the best ive used. an internet keyboard, cheapy, but good enough. Speakers from them ( i hear some weird noises come out here and there, but its 2 years old. Plus i have a cell phone near by so its probably interferring. ) I personally trust their products.
Edit: I forgot to metnion though, that I do dislike their Gamepads for PCs.  I don't like those square analog sticks >_
Ziggy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ziggy56
Member since 2005 • 198 Posts
cordless mouse for gaming is suicide, better get the G5-SaI
I game cordless just fine. if there is a difference between wired to wireless i can't tell. got a wireless logitech mouse btw...been running great for 3-4 years now.
JumpingMirrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 JumpingMirrior
Member since 2004 • 11495 Posts
I jsut like teh comfort of knowing a battery won't die in teh middle of a game.  Plus corded mice are normally cheaper.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
i got my g7 for $30 shipped.. it really does sound like your retailer sold you an already broken/damaged/returned mouse. fingerprints on the cds and such isn't logitech's fault, it's the place you bought it from. :) the only thing i don't like about the mouse is that the batteries last about a day, but it takes 5 seconds to swap it and it recharges in 2 hours, so no big deal.
OgreB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 OgreB
Member since 2004 • 2523 Posts

I have a Logitech mouse...

Never had any problem with it...

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
i like logitech...they make good accesories
9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 9mmSpliff
Member since 2005 • 21751 Posts
I have never had any problems with my Logitech stuff. I love Logitech and wouldnt do anything else for a mouse.
guylapierre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 guylapierre
Member since 2005 • 697 Posts
No problems here and I have a few Logitech products. I had key binding issues that I resolved by reinstalling the drivers once but that has been it.
Etherninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Etherninty
Member since 2006 • 1678 Posts
Logitech sometimes make good mouses, sometimes not. I used to have a G7 too, which sucked, yes I had the same problems with it. I now have a G5(wired) and this one is excellent.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#34 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
I've had similar experiences with Logitech. They make good hardware (at times), but god help you if you need their tech support for anything. And I positively hate their setpoint software that is practically required if you have a keyboard that has more than default buttons and stuff. Yea, it works, but it makes doing anything specific in the software a positively painful experience. Microsoft's software for their multimedia keyboard/mice works a bit better, but not all the time. For example, with Setpoint, I can remotely control iTunes the last time I used my LX700, regardless of what program was in the forefront. That doesn't seem to happen anymore with the Microsoft software, but then everything else works as it's supposed to. I begrudgingly chose a logitech mouse this time around because it was one of the few that were cheap, were using laser tracking and would fit in my hand properly. But I certainly don't intend on installing Logitech's setpoint software again as long as I can help it.
mxpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mxpower
Member since 2003 • 198 Posts
I've had my MX518 for a few years without a problem. My cordless rumblepad 2 works like a champ too. 
Deamon321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Deamon321
Member since 2005 • 1568 Posts
[QUOTE="HostileEffect"]

well i love my mx510 it serves me well.
JJ_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JJ_1
Member since 2004 • 911 Posts

HostileEffect

Sure, i agree with you about the G7 (peice of crap!) but the Logitech G5 is one of the greatest mouses out there! Not all Logitech mouses are crap. Only the wireless ones are. (Besisdes, why would you need wirerless anyway?) Oh and to anyone that reads this: thank you for your time.

pokefant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 pokefant
Member since 2006 • 137 Posts
Every Logitech mouse I've ever owned has served me very well. I'm sorry your experience with them was not as nice as mine was.