Armored Kill now out for Premiums

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -

Anybody else playing it?

I'm in love with the maps and their design directions thus far. Not really able to give my opinion on the gameplay since I've yet to actually get into a vehicle and fully experience the vehicular warfare, which really defeats the purpose of the expansion. A few of the maps severely lack vehicles at the start and its really frustrating. Its always the same few people whoring the jets/choppers as usual :(

#2 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Downloading now and will try it out soon, looking forward to it though

#3 Posted by Wasdie (49631 posts) -

I hear it's fun.

#4 Posted by kozzy1234 (35155 posts) -

Interested to hear everyones opinions on this one, it looks like the first one I would be interested in getting for BF3.

#5 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Just played a few rounds and holy sh!t. THIS is BF3. This is pure all out war. stuff is being destroyed all over the damn place in full servers and all you hear are explosions. It's absolutely crazy and such good fun.

The maps are superb. They're huge and allow a lot of room for gameplay, lots of open space for tanks to duke it out. Maybe not as open as BF2 was but it results in a more hectic round. The maps looks fantastic too, the visuals are very impressive. Especially snow. I can only imagine what Skyrim or something would look like in Frostbite 2

#6 Posted by kozzy1234 (35155 posts) -

Just played a few rounds and holy sh!t. THIS is BF3. This is pure all out war. stuff is being destroyed all over the damn place in full servers and all you hear are explosions. It's absolutely crazy and such good fun.

The maps are superb. They're huge and allow a lot of room for gameplay, lots of open space for tanks to duke it out. Maybe not as open as BF2 was but it results in a more hectic round. The maps looks fantastic too, the visuals are very impressive. Especially snow. I can only imagine what Skyrim or something would look like in Frostbite 2

seanmcloughlin

I might have to get this, heard nothign but great things about this one so far from friends.

#7 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
Battlefield am confirmed. Haven't tried tank superiority yet. Going to now. btw rush mode is broken right now. defender spawns are wack
#8 Posted by gameofthering (10138 posts) -

Battlefield 3 is crashing a bit for me now :(

#9 Posted by MacBoomStick (1948 posts) -

Hopefull it can fix the game.

#10 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

I forgot they removed flares for chopper gunners:x

#11 Posted by mhofever (3952 posts) -

I cannot wait to get premium. This expansion is the only one I've been interested in but since you'd save money getting premium along with some privelages.

#12 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

I cannot wait to get premium. This expansion is the only one I've been interested in but since you'd save money getting premium along with some privelages.

mhofever

It's also nice to have the other expansions there, even if you don't play them often. Nice to have the option.

#13 Posted by sloakz (379 posts) -

I have been playing it today and its great. Absolutly HUGE maps with 64 players makes it feel like you are in a proper war! lol

#14 Posted by brandojones (3103 posts) -

Downloading...

What was the update for a couple of days ago for if it wasn't for this expansion pack?? My Battlefield file is like 21GB so far now...hah

#15 Posted by biggest_loser (24030 posts) -
I noticed in one of the maps that they've recycled some of the assets from other maps. I should not be able to notice this! Don't play Mountain Map unless you have 64 people. Anything less and you'll be bored!!
#16 Posted by Wasdie (49631 posts) -

Been doing some conquest, lots of fun. Big vehicle focus. This is what people wanted, I am not 100% sold. I miss the infantry fighting.

#17 Posted by bonafidetk (3820 posts) -

Been doing some conquest, lots of fun. Big vehicle focus. This is what people wanted, I am not 100% sold. I miss the infantry fighting.

Wasdie
How about playing one of the CQ maps or TDM if you want lots of infantry fighting? AK was always going to cater more towards vehicles.
#18 Posted by jamejame (10474 posts) -

It's so epic. I'm playing on console, and I don't know how they've done it, but the size of the maps doesn't at all inhibit the finding of action. Hell, these maps, while larger than most of the largest from the main game, seem to have more action than any of the original large maps. I can't imagine the glory of 64 man games.

#19 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

The made some odd changes to vehicles. No flares for the chopper gunner,you can't fire a tank shell and then switch and fire a canister shell anymore once you fire one it acts like you fired both and have to wait for it to reload before using either again

The AC 130 is like a big fat piece of glass in the air. You have crap aiming angles in it and it takes almost nothing to take you down, a good jet pilot can just destroy it in 1 sweep. not to mention it's pretty weak damage wise too and is not much of a threat to begine with.

The maps are nice but they literally made infantry useless on it. Sure it's vehicle heavy anyway but infantry should take a part too. Not only that but all classes are useless except the engineer now.

#20 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4074 posts) -
[QUOTE="yellosnolvr"]Battlefield am confirmed. Haven't tried tank superiority yet. Going to now. btw rush mode is broken right now. defender spawns are wack

No wonder all your reviews suck...
#21 Posted by bonafidetk (3820 posts) -

The made some odd changes to vehicles. No flares for the chopper gunner,you can't fire a tank shell and then switch and fire a canister shell anymore once you fire one it acts like you fired both and have to wait for it to reload before using either againseanmcloughlin

These are pretty great changes. Vipers were pretty much unstoppable with a good pilot and gunner before the patch. I know, a friend and I were viper whores and just decimated everything, all the time. At least now we have to be careful and back away from battle if there are too many igla engineers. The only people complaining about the heli changes are bad pilots.

Also the shell and instant canister combo was overpowered. I can see why they changed that.

#22 Posted by trastamad03 (4852 posts) -
I don't know why, but i got the old school BF1942 vibe off it. Which is good.
#23 Posted by MyopicCanadian (8345 posts) -

I'm pretty annoyed that this expansion is delayed for a couple weeks for regular users, simply to add value to their "Premium" thing. Makes me not want to even bother getting it :|

#24 Posted by Renevent42 (5133 posts) -

I'm pretty annoyed that this expansion is delayed for a couple weeks for regular users, simply to add value to their "Premium" thing. Makes me not want to even bother getting it :|

MyopicCanadian
I'm actually in the same boat...it's pretend value. If I was able to buy it today would have done so no problem, but over the course of the next few weeks Borderlands, Torchlight 2, and XCOM are all coming out...so guess I won't be giving them any money. Maybe when it's on sales (if it ever goes on sales) I'll pick it up.
#25 Posted by couly (5809 posts) -
I'm not crazy about it, I prefer CQ. Maybe I just don't like vehicles.
#26 Posted by kris9031998 (7554 posts) -
Really wish i had premium...