quakke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By quakke
Member since 2006 • 225 Posts

I am creating this thread because as a fan of the game and genre, i feel this needs all possible attention it can get. Also since the devs don't have the possibility to advertise it really, i'm spreading the word.

If you want us to have fastpaced PC arena shooters once again, support this awesome game now.

"Reflex is a competitive Arena FPS that combines modern tech with the speed, precision and freedom of a 90s shooter."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/191095869/reflex

Steam Greenlight

http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=317361451

"Reflex is a competitive Arena FPS that combines modern tech with thespeed, precision and freedom of a 90s shooter. If you sunk countless hours into the Quake or Unreal series, Reflex will feel like a welcome return of the old school shooter feel. If you didn't experience classic arena FPS gameplay, you should immediately reclaim all those unwasted years by being part of Reflex!

Core Features

• Old School Gameplay - A return to fast paced, arcade FPS!
  • Lots of game modes - 1v1, Team Deathmatch, Capture The Flag, Control, Arena, Juggernaut, Midair + more.
  • Matchmaking - Quickly find games of any type or simply jump on a server with friends.
  • In-game, multiplayer map editor - Build maps with friends then smear those friends across the walls.
  • In-game replay editor - Easily create frag films and highlights.
  • LAN support - Grab your computer, your friends and a case of something caffeinated and enjoy the lowest pings possible through a tangled mess of CAT cable.
  • High Performance - Reflex uses a custom built engine targeting 120fps (and we don't cap framerates so melt your GPU if you want)
  • Dedicated Servers - Run your own servers, with your own settings. Just one of our completely obvious features that should be in every game but for some reason isn't anymore!
  • Responsive input - Input sampled 1000 times a second to provide an ultra smooth experience. If you miss, it's your fault, not ours.
  • Bots - Advanced A.I built using the tricks, stats, strategy and spam binds of real players.
  • Advanced spectator features - Multiview, casting overlays, on-screen live statistics, spectator vs spectator interaction.
  • Statistics - Wins:Losses, per-weapon accuracy, kill/death ratio, player comparisons, heat maps, item control, attractive bar graphs.
  • Steamworks - Friends, achievements, VoIP, player invites + more.
  • Training and coaching - In game, step-by-step breakdowns with key-presses and timings.

Extended Features

• Classic single player and coop play - Fight through a campaign either or solo or cooperative with friends.
  • Regional ladders - Concrete evidence of how much better you are than other people in your city, country or region.
  • Team Tracking - Stalk your favorite teams and receive news, updates and invitations to watch their games live.
  • Tournament hosting - Host your own tournaments between you and your friends.
  • Custom ladders - Find out how you compare against your friends, school, work or fellow inmates.
  • Clans - Create a clan, customize it's look, invite your friends, challenge other clans, compete in ladders, see how your clan ranks!
  • Cosmetic customization - Melee weapons, armor, weapon skins, announcers, HUDs, taunts and sprays!
  • Steam Workshop - Thousands of community made maps and cosmetics (probably not including hats).
  • Meat vs Machine - Fight off waves of computer controlled enemies, secure an area with your own AI minions and other fun and exciting things we haven't programmed yet."

www.reflexfps.net
blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

I really want these guys to be successful since they are Australian. Its not very often an Australian studio gets to have some success.

But it looks like they are too far from their goal(Unless if they get a sudden influx of backers at the end like usual). They're also on Steam Greenlight.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I hope for best, currently installed Quake Live and would like to see graphics improvement since the only thing you do in the game is run and gun.

20$ is excellent price for improved graphics but I'm afraid not everyone would be willing to pay that price since you've got the same game for free.

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

I hope for best, currently installed Quake Live and would like to see graphics improvement since the only thing you do in the game is run and gun.

20$ is excellent price for improved graphics but I'm afraid not everyone would be willing to pay that price since you've got the same game for free.

it should be an optional upgrade that maintains full compatibility with the rest of the game. isn't that what free to play is all about? optional paid cosmetic changes?

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
@PredatorRules said:

It doesn't play like QL. The physics and movement are way different.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Kh1ndjal said:

@PredatorRules said:

it should be an optional upgrade that maintains full compatibility with the rest of the game. isn't that what free to play is all about? optional paid cosmetic changes?

True.

@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@PredatorRules said:

It doesn't play like QL. The physics and movement are way different.

There is some point that you're right, the most similar experience to that vid is playing CS 1.6 on Surf Ski 2 map with all that bunny hop - it really reminds me the free style that you could do in Surf Ski 2, I dig it.