Are these good in-ear phones to buy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Gambler_3 (7572 posts) -

Was looking at these sennheiser earphones to buy for my phone.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-II-Precision-Enhanced-Earbuds/dp/B001RNO8ZC

Are these on par with the IMAGE S4 earphones? I wanted to buy those but I cant find them where I live. Should I go ahead with the sennheiser?

#2 Posted by Gambler_3 (7572 posts) -

I see it has anasymmetrical cord, well I am not sure about that.:question:

#3 Posted by Gambler_3 (7572 posts) -

??

#4 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6695 posts) -

Although I haven't heard those buds, a friend of mine has a pair of $80 Sennheiser buds (they're white) and I wasn't at all impressed. Definitely prefer my Klipsch S4a's..

If you're all about sound quality and don't mind bass-less sound Hifiman RE0 is the audiophile choice for best budget buds. But I wouldn't like them, I'd rather slighly wose over sound quality and much more bass.

#5 Posted by Gambler_3 (7572 posts) -

Unfortunately I cant buy any of those brands.:(

Btw why the hell does sennheiser use those symmetrical cables? Are all high end brands like that?

Anyways how are these ear-phones? I can get them real cheap not for the price that it shows.

http://av.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL028236&pathId=95&page=1

They also seem to have a rather unusual design.:?

#6 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6695 posts) -

Btw why the hell does sennheiser use those symmetrical cables? Are all high end brands like that?

Anyways how are these ear-phones? I can get them real cheap not for the price that it shows.

Gambler_3
Doesn't (Pakistan?) have a site similiar to "Jet carrier" ? Jet carrier ships from USA to Norway. They "give" us an "address" in the US, so if you buy e.g. Klipsch S4, you from amazon, have them shipped to the U.S. address JetCarrier gave you and they'll pick it up and ship by plane of boat. it costs basically nothing to ship via them. You can ship a HUGE 100kg CRT from USA to Norway and they charge you only $80.
#7 Posted by Gambler_3 (7572 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

Mozelleple112

Doesn't (Pakistan?) have a site similiar to "Jet carrier" ? Jet carrier ships from USA to Norway. They "give" us an "address" in the US, so if you buy e.g. Klipsch S4, you from amazon, have them shipped to the U.S. address JetCarrier gave you and they'll pick it up and ship by plane of boat. it costs basically nothing to ship via them. You can ship a HUGE 100kg CRT from USA to Norway and they charge you only $80.

There is a service in pakistan as well that can let me order anything from amazon but it's just that it costs money. A $60 earphone would end up costing like $100.:x

I am not willing to spend that much right now. The sennheiser I linked will cost me $55 and the JVC will cost $30.

#8 Posted by Gambler_3 (7572 posts) -

Those JVC ear phones are $100 on the JVC site but these I am getting are open box and seems like a really good deal. The place selling it is credible too so no worries if there is a problem in it. I think I am gonna go with it only thing stopping me is the over the ear design of the cable. :S

#9 Posted by Heirren (17799 posts) -
Those Sennheisers are probably better than the klipsch, or you can likely get a better pair of sennheiser at that price point.
#10 Posted by Bozanimal (2483 posts) -
Why don't you take a look at the Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide. They have a lot of very good in-ear recommendations; maybe one of them is available in your area! Happy gaming, Boz
#11 Posted by Wolfetan (7522 posts) -

Try to get the Vsonic GR06. They are very highly rated on Head-Fi. Read some reviews for them.

#12 Posted by Gambler_3 (7572 posts) -

I ordered the JVC Bi-Metal FX300, they had very good opinions on head-fi and other reviews. Looks like for $35 it's a great deal as people were calling it a steal for $50 at head-fi.

#13 Posted by Gambler_3 (7572 posts) -

Got them and I am quite disappointed. The bass is non-existent there is just no punch, the sound stage also seems smaller and the treble can get really harsh.

The detail, smoothness and mids are better but shockingly I might prefer the samsung ear phones over these, the lack of punch is really very prominent in most songs. I think I have been trolled. :lol:

Cant believe this thing is $100 at jvc website. :|

Perhaps I was hasty in my decision. It sucks buying something you cant try.

I am still hoping for some significant improvement with break-in. :cry:

#15 Posted by Gambler_3 (7572 posts) -

Okay so going back to the samsung earphones, the JVC really do have very superior detail so I suppose I shouldnt overreact.:P

#16 Posted by Gambler_3 (7572 posts) -
Well I am quite liking them now after tuning voodoo sound settings accordingly. The detail really is outstanding. And the treble seemed to have settled down a bit with burn-in. :D
#17 Posted by Wolfetan (7522 posts) -
Well I am quite liking them now after tuning voodoo sound settings accordingly. The detail really is outstanding. And the treble seemed to have settled down a bit with burn-in. :DGambler_3
Burn them in with pink noise over night.
#18 Posted by Gambler_3 (7572 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]Well I am quite liking them now after tuning voodoo sound settings accordingly. The detail really is outstanding. And the treble seemed to have settled down a bit with burn-in. :DWolfetan

Whats pink noise?:)

#19 Posted by kraken2109 (13127 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wolfetan"][QUOTE="Gambler_3"]Well I am quite liking them now after tuning voodoo sound settings accordingly. The detail really is outstanding. And the treble seemed to have settled down a bit with burn-in. :DGambler_3

Whats pink noise?:)

Like white noise, but for young girls
#20 Posted by Gambler_3 (7572 posts) -

I have put them up on sale the bass is just too weak and any song with alot of treble gets painful to listen. Instead of trying to justify to myself that they are OK I better just get rid of them. Using equalizer solves the treble issue somewhat but using equalizer is never really a solution for a high quality product. I cannot believe how this thing had such good reviews even when it was selling for $50.

Maybe I got a dud or counterfeit product? I really dont know although I have found a few reviews that agree with my experience.

#21 Posted by Gambler_3 (7572 posts) -

This is the thread that convinced me to buy them. :evil:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/407319/jvc-ha-fx300-bi-metal-impression

#22 Posted by Gambler_3 (7572 posts) -

Manually changing the EQ made dramatic difference, sounding the best so far with this setting.

309144_10152054731670316_493926928_n.jpg

Not exactly the ideal solution but I suppose it will have to do, the bass seems tighter as well and they do sound better than the samsung buds. Maybe with a bit more burn-in I'll be able to slide the 2 knobs a bit higher.

#23 Posted by Gambler_3 (7572 posts) -

So I left the earphones to continously playback for 48 hours on my second PC and now picked them up and WOW!!! The harsh tones seem to have gone almost 90% WITH NO EQ just the way I like it. Lesson learned dont be impatient with new earphones. :P

Now I can enjoy the detail without the harshness ruining it, this really feels like a high quality product now quite a step up from stock. :D

The sound is just so addicting, it's still not a perfect product but you can call it like "flawed but very addicting". :)

Now I understand why some people at head-fi loved them, one guy specifically says that it needs alot of burn in to smooth out and that turned out to be true.