are there any realistic police games for the pc?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

m4g3pr08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 m4g3pr08
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

i have been looking for a long time and i cant find anything. Can someone please tell me if there is a police game where you pull people over, and patrol the streets. If not, why hasnt anyone made it yet. im sure there are alot of people out there looking for a game like i described

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

APB? Its not realistic, but whateves.

ventnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ventnor
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

I haven't played it or anything but maybe you should look up Truecrime.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#4 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Police Quest series was my fav!
Also Swat and those Rainbow6 older games but your not really detective cops.

Tex Murphy was also good to.
Wish we could have a new police quest ):

mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

GTA IV online is funny there is a game mode that lets you be the cops chasing the crooks. Also there was an old game called urban chaos which was great i think you played as a cop in that keeping the streets clean. Guess you could also try the rainbow six and SWAT games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46230 Posts

Need for Speed: Hot pursuit and Hot pursuit 2

enorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 enorox
Member since 2006 • 252 Posts

I played a mod for GTA4 where you become a policeman. You get a police suit, a car and a fellow officer. As you're driving around you will randomly get a call about someone that you have to chase either by car or by foot. You can also siren and pull over people to give tickets. It was pretty sweet, if you're itnerested I can try and find it.

Levrar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Levrar
Member since 2004 • 1286 Posts

I played a mod for GTA4 where you become a policeman. You get a police suit, a car and a fellow officer. As you're driving around you will randomly get a call about someone that you have to chase either by car or by foot. You can also siren and pull over people to give tickets. It was pretty sweet, if you're itnerested I can try and find it.

enorox
It's a pretty good mod, called Police Pursuit. Unfortunately it is far from realistic.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

Swat 4 is the first realistic police fps game that comes to mind not exactly what your looking for since you don't drive around and stuff. You play as the leader of a swat team and do various missions while commanding your team like rescue hostages from a bank thats being robbed its not your typical run and gun fps only takes a few shots to kill and its possible to not kill people at all infact game encourages you not to you have an arsernal of tools like flashbangs and pepper spray to move in for a non lethal takedown.

Now someone mentioned true crimes streets of la this is more along the lines of what your looking for although its not the main focus of the game but you can drive around and you will randomly get calls of crimes in progress and you can go and stop them there's not to much variation in what you do and its not very realistic the game plays like an action game like max payne but still a fun game to play and I had a fun time just driving around and doing all the police side missions that would pop up.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
GTA : SAMP probably has the best cop experience but it'll require you to communicate with other "officers", follow strict rules, and you'll have to apply (which isn't easy).
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
Yeah, but pulling people over for speeding, giving parking ticket, eating donuts, etc... doesn't sound fun. I could be wrong though, the concept of the Sims sounded boring to me, but many people love it. There's the Police Quest/SWAT series. I remember the older games in the series where they teach you how to control riots, learn about Stolckhold Syndrome and such.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Police Quest; old but the series is quite 'realistic'. Otherwise you have Police Quest spinoffs like the SWAT series.
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
One game that was centered around driving the car, pulling people over and patrolling the streets was the original APB arcade game. It was an overhead view and at the time, it could be very hard to keep up with the action onscreen. I"m sure it's on one of the Midway Arcade Treasure games. After that, the closest thing already mentioned would be the very first Police Quest game (you can try to run it through DOS BOX). There was a VGA version released a few years later but it wasn't quite as fun. As far as being an officer and choosing to arrest people there is the other mentioned Swat 4 - it has excellent online coop.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

if you wanted something towards the line of say proper csi work go try out:

"the art of murder" series from city interactive its a great little game about puzzle solving as a tps.. i gotta say its the most fun ive had in a while in its genre.

m4g3pr08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 m4g3pr08
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

enorox

sounds interesting. i will have to check it out. I have played all the other suggestions like true crime, swat, and i watched alot of youtube videos for police quest, and none of those are what im looking for, but true crime has to be the best of the games i have played, i really enjoyed the game, but i am just looking for something a little different.i am looking for a game like you described, where you have a police car and pull people over, and get random calls to respond to. This sounds like a really good mod. Thank you for the suggestion.:D

reason for edit: added to my post

face_ripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 face_ripper
Member since 2010 • 968 Posts

Worlds scariest police chases, i'm not sure if it's for the PC but it makes you feel as if your a mad cop blasting at criminals.

kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts
Join the police force?
l0ner_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 l0ner_1
Member since 2003 • 353 Posts

No

That's all I have to say.

FGMPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FGMPR
Member since 2009 • 804 Posts

The game your describing is Police Quest, more specifically PQ1. If you can handle really, really outdated graphics you will still find a great experience there. Sonny Bonds ftw!