silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Been using the Microsoft's Sidewinder X6 keyboard since 2011 and fund this thing for $69.99 so i gave a go. Now this will be my first mechanical keyboard and i hear a lot of people saying that MX Blue isn't very good for gaming, is it true?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Well my friends complained alot about the noises my old BlackWiddow made during skype calls... I actually loved it.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

Well my friends complained alot about the noises my old BlackWiddow made during skype calls... I actually loved it.

noise won't bother me and i kinda want it

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

I'm pretty certain the difference between each switch is the amount of resistance they each give, and the difference in resistance between each type is not dramatic.

Blue gives the least resistance which makes it very popular for typists, but I use one for gaming, and it's great. It does make a fantastic clicky noise which I love.

It's really not something you "need" to consider unless you're trying to min-max performance at the top-tier of competitive gaming, and I guarantee even then there are people in competitive gaming who have their preferences between each switch type. It's not a difference you can quantify. You won't magically get better at video games because you're using a mechanical keyboard.

Blue is perfectly fine if you're looking for a mechanical keyboard. Hell, a $5 membrane keyboard is beyond fantastic for typical gaming.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@PredatorRules said:

noise won't bother me and i kinda want it

Then people saying blue switches aren't good for gaming is absolute nonsense, I liked the tactile feel and the sound of the click