This topic is locked from further discussion.

Insan1tynorway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Insan1tynorway
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew of a PC game, where you play a character who can find/buy several weapons, the storyline is set to medieval or you play as a archer (preferably a elven archer), the game takes a while to complete (more than 24 hours of gameplay), The graphics are minimum 2000ish. It may be a cross-breed of: fallout 3, The Witcher/The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and The Lord of the Rings. Sorry for my poor english!
NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 NoctisCaelum52
Member since 2009 • 1359 Posts

Is it an RPG ?

EDIT : Oh sorry lol. I forgot about the thread title. Anyway I'm still trying to find it.

Insan1tynorway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Insan1tynorway
I don't know if the game exists^^ Just wondering if anyone knew of something simiular to what i described. But it has to be an rpg.
NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 NoctisCaelum52
Member since 2009 • 1359 Posts
I don't know if the game exists^^ Just wondering if anyone knew of something simiular to what i described. But it has to be an rpg.Insan1tynorway
Where you play as an archer only ? No other classes to choose or stuff like that ?
Avatar image for eh7nkjn4bFFF9nw
eh7nkjn4bFFF9nw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 eh7nkjn4bFFF9nw
Member since 2005 • 353 Posts
Try Mount and Blade. Its a medieval combat RPG, but it's not fantasy. You can play an archer character though. If you want fantasy, there are mods for that as well.
Insan1tynorway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Insan1tynorway
[QUOTE="Insan1tynorway"]I don't know if the game exists^^ Just wondering if anyone knew of something simiular to what i described. But it has to be an rpg.NoctisCaelum52
Where you play as an archer only ? No other classes to choose or stuff like that ?

I would prefer to play as an archer, but i don't have to, it can be other classes, no doubt:) I was looking into mount and blade, and it seems very much like a game i would love. Going to buy it soon, but i still want to know if there are more games like it:)
HenriH-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 HenriH-42
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

Try Mount and Blade. Its a medieval combat RPG, but it's not fantasy. You can play an archer character though. If you want fantasy, there are mods for that as well. eh7nkjn4bFFF9nw

+ for Mount & Blade. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

You can be an archer in Dark Messiah of Might & Magic. It's a fun action game, not exactly an RPG though there are RPG elements (skill points). But of course, pretty much every western RPG ever made lets you be an archer.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19550 Posts
One of the three main character types in the Gothic trilogy (and also Risen) is generally focused around archery. Those four games are also similar to the games you listed - more challenging and not quite as polished, but still worth playing if that's what you're looking for.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

You can play an archer character in Divinity 2: Ego Draconis. If English is your second language, there's a chance it's already out in your country... :) I still have to wait for it to be released.

Insan1tynorway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Insan1tynorway
Got my mount & blade game yesterday, it was awesome:D The only downside, was that it werent a game were i could walk around at all times, it was kinda like "the total war" series. So im still looking for other games! I may try out the gothic games, but im not really into fantasy^^
Empirefrtw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Empirefrtw
Member since 2006 • 1324 Posts

That is going to be hard since most rpgs are fantasy that have archers.

Insan1tynorway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Insan1tynorway
It don't have to be a archer game, im just prefering archer, i just love rpg games where you can play as a archer! I'll just create a new topic, since there ain't many of these games around^^
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
Yeah I don't know of any game that gives you a better "archer" experience than Mount&Blade... I had a bit of fun banning all mounted warriors from my party.... got a bunch of rangers/archers and would have them form a line and just wait for the enemy... Hail of arrows ensues and most of the enemy is dead before they arrive. Be sure to check out all the nice mods for the game. Beyond that you're prolly best off just replaying a heavily modded form of Oblivion... You could try Risen, though I never played it as an archer...
denter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 denter21
Member since 2003 • 1283 Posts
Dungeon Siege 2 has some neat skills you can use as an archer. If you use some of the mods for it here: http://dungeonsiege2.net/ds2fun/mods/ then you can make it a bit better even. (but beware the difficulty spike from installing the main conversion mod)