anyone playing diablo 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trezay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Trezay
Member since 2014 • 39 Posts

i just managed to re-open my blizzard account when i found my diablo 3 case with the cd key.. haven't played since near launch because of the lock on the account (haven't really bother to fix it :P )

so, is anyone here still playing it? could need some gaming buddies :)

(cant reply until tomorrow because of the awesome post limit for new users)

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I am almost certainly going to buy Reaper of Souls and start playing it (again) then. But for now, no I am not.

Plo_Koon_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Plo_Koon_basic
Member since 2003 • 801 Posts

nope, if I wanted to play a Game like Diablo 3, I'd much rather play PoE. :) Diablo is boring.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NaveedLife

@Plo_Koon_basic said:

nope, if I wanted to play a Game like Diablo 3, I'd much rather play PoE. :) Diablo is boring.

They each have their pros and cons. Diablo 3 was a BLAST while it lasted. Not saying it was perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it was incredibly satisfying killing monsters in droves, and finding gear with friends. PoE is amazing and ultimately in my opinion, the better game for now (well, I have not played PoE or DIII in a long time, and missed some big updates), but that could all change when Reaper of Souls and the patch comes out. Diablo III was really fun, it just had some very poorly implemented features and it was missing things. they seem to be fixing most of it and making into something special. I am not going to say it will be what I want, but it definitely could be. Here's to hoping!

PS - I should probably try PoE again since last time I played it they had not "officially" released it with the added content and so on.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Im waiting as well to see what reaper of souls will bring..The changing of the loot an getting rid of that abysmal auction house..An the lack of originality in loot just made the game suck for me..Been hearing good things with the new guy in charge..Hopefully he brings great changes..The look of diablo 3 was good its the shallow experience I got with the lack of skill trees in the game itself..Was a waste an a mistake on there part..Poe is a lot of fun with friends..Although had two friends playing poe im on the third act an would like to finish it..With some buddies..So if any yall are willing give me a shoutout on steam..

Torchlight 2 is also a lot of fun imho...

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Personally, I'm not liking the way ROS is shaping up.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts

I had fun with diablo 3, but im having more fun with games like POE and TL2.

Plus they killed the only build i had fun with in the expansion.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NaveedLife

@Cwagmire21 said:

From personal experience or just what we are hearing?

@Dante2710 said:

TL2 is just as flawed as DIII. each has its pros and cons, though I think vanilla DIII (have not played it in a long time) is better than TL2. PoE is better than both of them (for now).

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Battle.Net wants me and my mom's birth certificates before they unlock my 2-Blizz accounts that have all my Blizzard games because they have shitty account security on THEIR end. According to them, someone called in pretending to be my mom (to get both my accounts) - which is a load of shit that I'll never believe. That's why they want our birth certificates. They can kiss my ass - I'm just going to go into every thread and recommend everyone to not play Blizzard games anymore.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

@NaveedLife said:

@Cwagmire21 said:

@Dante2710 said:

TL2 is just as flawed as DIII. each has its pros and cons, though I think vanilla DIII (have not played it in a long time) is better than TL2. PoE is better than both of them (for now).

I don't have closed beta access. From what I've read from online - especially from the MVPs (often very biased towards Blizz - but even they are seriously questioning the decisions being made)

It's a long read - but you may be interested if you want some insight on the choices of RoS so far.

Link.

fatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By fatee
Member since 2004 • 371 Posts

Diablo was fun for a short time. I do mean short.

A group of friends of mine, including my younger brother were all playing act by act together. This was the first day of release, we had all taken time off our social lives to play through this.

We got through the story, then rushed through to harder difficulties... By the time we hit inferno, the five of us had seen zero useful loot drops.

We were all diablo 2 veterans and were getting our asses kicked. As we progressed on and on, my brother decided to stop playing, then one of our friends. etc etc.

They were fed up with the bullshit, and who can blame them? I was too. Onward I went, my last friend left and myself. We were breaking new ground and were at the final act. At this point in time there was still not yet a witchdoctor whom had defeated inferno diablo - so this got me a bit pumped. I was all geared to defeat him, I had stack massive amounts of increased attack speed.

We reached Diablo, called it a night. The nerf hit the next day and increased attack speed was pretty much removed from the game in the form I knew it as. I was crippled - but that was not the excuse why I stopped playing that day.

Diablo 3 was exhausting to play. It was all work and no reward. I did not enjoy the game, not for long. The fixes and patches will not undo my bad experiences. The expansion, as "fun" as it may be, will not convince me to spend hard earned money on it.

They (Blizzard) has made huge mistake in the dialo franchise, but worse, refused to make changes, refused to take advice and refused to make the game that we grew up with and love. They even attacked the original creator when spoke out that diablo 3 was not what he would have made.

No. The Blizzard I knew and love dissipated long ago, the staff that created the orignal diablo series have long since left (aka blizzard north) and the spirit of diablo with them.

Blizzard may be still making great games that many have come to love and admire, but those games are no longer for me.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts

@NaveedLife said:

@Cwagmire21 said:

@Dante2710 said:

There is no redeeming quality in D3, and this is coming from someone who played it for 800+ hours.

Bad itemization, no end game, viable builds are rather expensive ( same with POE) , and last but not least, D3 has to be one of the most unrewarding games i have ever played.

The art, and animation are fantastic, something TL2 and POE certainly lack, but they make up for everything else.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@Dante2710 said:

There is no redeeming quality in D3, and this is coming from someone who played it for 800+ hours.

Does the irony really need to be pointed out?

Anyway, I'm in the same boat as Naveed. Haven't played it in months, been playing PoE when I want my iso-ARPG fix, but I'm excited for Reaper of Souls + Loot 2.0 + Closing Auction Houses. Will definitely be getting RoS at or near launch, and getting back into it.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#14 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@NaveedLife said:

I am almost certainly going to buy Reaper of Souls and start playing it (again) then. But for now, no I am not.

I had the PS3 version of vanilla D3. I'm definitely getting Reaper of Souls though, probably on PC most likely.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46255 Posts

@the_bi99man said:

@Dante2710 said:

Does the irony really need to be pointed out?

Anyway, I'm in the same boat as Naveed. Haven't played it in months, been playing PoE when I want my iso-ARPG fix, but I'm excited for Reaper of Souls + Loot 2.0 + Closing Auction Houses. Will definitely be getting RoS at or near launch, and getting back into it.

The loot system is what really bothered me in D III, I really hope they can fix it. Will loot 2.0 be coming to D III soon ? Or will you have to buy the expansion for it ?

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

Diablo 3 and Star Wars The Old Republic are only 2 games in last 20 years (how long i am in gaming) that took my money from its name, they basicaly milking their own costumers trou their name,.. I like Blizzard like Bioware i excpected so much more then they provided, for example i am huge fun of Diablo and H&S RPGS, but seriously D3 without single skill passive tree, with bunch of inmature skills and crap loot system, where 2 handed weapon is weaker then 1 handed its too much for me. I rather found my self spending x5 more times in Path Of Exile which i consider as true Diablo 3.

Trezay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 Trezay
Member since 2014 • 39 Posts

@geminontraveler: pfff.. i agree, it's far from what i expected from a diablo game but it's okey when you play with real life friends.
just downloaded POE, and i see what you guys mean about it being the true diablo 3 ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

not until they fix it all with this expansion..... so bad compared to Path of Exile.