Anyone know if Rift will have a trial anytime soon...?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

I currently play WoW (heavily) and I am interested in Rift... But I don't want to drop $50 and a subscription fee to try the game and see if I am interested in switching... So anyone know if there will be a trial out for the game anytime soon?

I don't really understand why they wouldn't put a trial out at launch, especially for a game that is literally trying to compete directly with WoW (The whole "We're not in Azeroth anymore ad campaign...") I would expect them to understand people would be apprehensive about quiting a game they have played for years and simply getting into a new game based on really nothing at all other than advertisements... I haven't even seen reviews out yet...

Mr_Fordham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mr_Fordham
Member since 2006 • 164 Posts
While I am also debating on picking the game up, more of a time issue on my end. You can't expect MMO's to bother with trials at/around launch. They have to deal with the hectic flood of gamers and problems. They don't need any more issues from the multitude of trials. They will most likely put one out, problem is you have to wait a while. If I remember correctly, WoW didn't release a trial version for quite a while. I could be wrong. Either way, find a buddy with an account? or else you're stuck risking ur money or waiting months for a trial.
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

You would be better off waiting for the trial. By the time said trial hits the game will have been out a bit and the staying power will be more clear.

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

Pretty much all major mmos do not have a trial in the begining. Its a needless strain on the servers. At the start of every mmo its important to deal with the players that bought the game and the problems that arise without having to deal with trial accounts.