Anyone know how to use ME2 Gibbed Save Editor?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Heartagram_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Heartagram_03
Member since 2005 • 3697 Posts

I've been browsing the ME2 face database, I have come across many appearances that I liked. Problem is how do I insert that face code into ME2 Gibbed Save Editor? I've been trying all afternoon and I still can't figure it out. If anyone knows how to use this useful tool can you help?

Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

You can't enter a face code directly into Gibbs, but what you are want can be done but it is fairly tricky, I haven't done it myself but this is the procedure if you want to try it out. The instructions are in 2 stages :-

1. Create a new save game and input the face code in the Mass Effect 2 custom face editor and then do a save as soon as possible after.
  2. open Gibbed's Mass Effect 2 Save Editor and load the savegame you made that has the face you want.
  3. click the "Toolbox" tab
  4. click the "Export" button.
  5. Save your "face" with an self-explanatory title so you know what it is.

The next step shows you how to import the saved face into the save game you want it to be in :-

1. open Gibbed's Mass Effect 2 Save Editor and load any savegame where you want to "change" the face in.
  2. click the "Toolbox" tab, and press the "Import" button.
  3. Enter your "face directory" and load the face you want.
  4. Save your changes.

That should now give you the face you want in the save game you want. I would advise you back up any save games before you do this though. I adapted the instructions for this from :-

http://www.gamevixenzone.com/gvz/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4768

Heartagram_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Heartagram_03
Member since 2005 • 3697 Posts

I finally got it to work. Thank you