Anyone here Confused by change of PC Hardware forum?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by marcthpro (7927 posts) -
@Arach666 said:

As far as I understand it there will be new sub forums coming up a while after the launch of the new site,won´t be surprised if audio/video and PC hardware come back as well in the same or some other form.

I ho-h-hopeee soon.. a...r...ach....666 or else it mean shodan as warped into the past and as taken over the world

#52 Edited by James00715 (2484 posts) -

It's way too crowded now. Maybe if they added a tagging system and you can choose to display only threads for PC Hardware, Audio/Video, or PC/Mac Games. Or just go back to separate forums like before.

#53 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4157 posts) -

Does anyone know how to tell if a thread has new posts?

#54 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -

Far too crowded - can't think why they crunched the total number of main forums down to just 9 - and then feel the need to put 10 random threads at the top.

The turnover of posts will mean that useful threads will rapidly disappear.

#55 Edited by Qixote (10742 posts) -
@acanofcoke said:

Does anyone know how to tell if a thread has new posts?

No. And it no longer indicates which threads you posted to. This and consolidated forums. I guess GS took the "less is more" approach and call it an upgrade.

#56 Edited by bonafidetk (3820 posts) -

merging the hardware and the games forum together was idiotic to say the least.

#57 Edited by marcthpro (7927 posts) -

Well we where told maybe in 2014 We will have our forum de-merged and told us to be patient but if we keep saying patient and not talk about it : i bet nothing will be done about it id like a estimate of time before a such de-merge happen or will it happen at all ? because it certainly got very very confusing even to me to find all the essential thread about hardware

since it merged you get bunch of people talk about bunch of video game comparison like skyrim vs Witcher 2 and that just the tip of the iceberg if i wanted to discuss this id be in PC & Games but here the deal

I am in it because it where the PC Hardware Forum which is a place you are generally talking about Benchmark / PC hardware news and How to Fix Computer related issue and how to Build computer, so you scroll down all these Thread and find where help is needed and most of people don't even have the will to check over 500 Result before they find help seeked 3 day ago they just go to another forum relating hardware that might get there Answer replied

So clearly the merge is not a good idea it a downgrade because it make as much sense as merging a political forum with a TV & Movie & music forum so that all thread are in one place i bet it would just make the job harder to moderator and would only create hate

#58 Edited by James161324 (8315 posts) -

Its nothing but a mess right now.

#59 Edited by superclocked (5834 posts) -

Confused? No.. Disgusted? Yes...

#60 Posted by blaznwiipspman1 (6070 posts) -

i think one idea would be to build a subforum sticky that links directly to PCHW. I'll try doing it and see if it works.

#61 Posted by mrmarrero (306 posts) -

Man, I feel like I lost a good friend. I realize I'm not the most prolific poster, but I really don't think I'll be coming back here.

#62 Posted by -wildflower- (2886 posts) -

@mrmarrero said:

Man, I feel like I lost a good friend. I realize I'm not the most prolific poster, but I really don't think I'll be coming back here.

Since they rolled out "GameSpot 8" I haven't visited this board much. Hell, the PC Gaming Board was the only reason I ever visited this site and now that it has been Flagshipped - what's the point?

Oh well, all things must end I suppose.

#63 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -

It doesn't seem like they are making any progress or changes with the forums - large amounts gone and no sign of it coming back. It's a mess, and the level of activity seems to be dropping away fast

#64 Edited by topgunmv (10266 posts) -

@marcthpro said:

Well we where told maybe in 2014 We will have our forum de-merged and told us to be patient but if we keep saying patient and not talk about it : i bet nothing will be done about it id like a estimate of time before a such de-merge happen or will it happen at all ? because it certainly got very very confusing even to me to find all the essential thread about hardware

since it merged you get bunch of people talk about bunch of video game comparison like skyrim vs Witcher 2 and that just the tip of the iceberg if i wanted to discuss this id be in PC & Games but here the deal

I am in it because it where the PC Hardware Forum which is a place you are generally talking about Benchmark / PC hardware news and How to Fix Computer related issue and how to Build computer, so you scroll down all these Thread and find where help is needed and most of people don't even have the will to check over 500 Result before they find help seeked 3 day ago they just go to another forum relating hardware that might get there Answer replied

So clearly the merge is not a good idea it a downgrade because it make as much sense as merging a political forum with a TV & Movie & music forum so that all thread are in one place i bet it would just make the job harder to moderator and would only create hate

Wtf, 2014? They put the sports board back after like a day.

#65 Edited by marcthpro (7927 posts) -

@topgunmv: from what i read from a thread that got like Deleted from like WTF happened to gamespot Hardware Forum it seemed it was told there very busy and it could take time : for me time + patience usually mean... months of waiting ? what month are ? 10th of the year.. so what happen in 2 month ? we are close to 2014 : what happen if in december this isn't fix ? well it might be due to 2014

#66 Posted by iowastate (7873 posts) -

some nitwit started a lame ass fake PC Hardware forum which should be closed up in a New York minute and the OP moderated

#67 Edited by iowastate (7873 posts) -

@topgunmv:

because there is nothing to the Sports forum. I'm surprised that thing was kept

#68 Edited by BravoOneActual (563 posts) -

@iowastate: Laughing as I type this. I would have said seeing your dander up made my day had it not been splendid already.

Keep the faith.

Be patient.

Things will get better soon.

;P