Anyone Having CD Key Issues with Anno 2070 Complete On Steam?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Snaptrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Snaptrap
Member since 2003 • 2186 Posts

Bought this today and can't play it. No cd key in the purchase confirmation email and no cd key in the game details. Does anyone have the same issue?

yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 yonyz
Member since 2008 • 651 Posts
There shouldn't be a cd key in the email you get from Steam. The cd key should appear when you launch the game through Steam, assuming the game even requires manually entering a cd key.
Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

If I remember correctly the key pops-up in the corner of the screen where you just copy it. Eventually the Ubiplay will launch and will require you to apply the key to register it to your accound. I didn't have any issues with registering the product ...

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#4 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts
Did you buy it from Steam? If so it should just appear in your games library. If you bought a Steam key form another retailer then you need to see if the charge went through and contact them. There are a LOT of shady web sites out there selling "legit" steam keys. And I use the term "legit" in a facetious manner since they probably aren't.
Abigorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Abigorus
Member since 2006 • 877 Posts

I had purchased Anno 2070 from Steam when it was on sale. When you launch the game, it will pop-up like any other Steam notification (like a PM). Copy it to clipboard and paste it into Anno 2070 to authenicate. It will also prompt you to install Ubiplay, which I believe, is required to play.

Hope that helps!

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#6 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Nope, no issues and had this game since the day it came out.

Start the game up in steam and it gives you a cdkey.

Snaptrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Snaptrap

To launch the game, I need a cd key. Now that Steam has pulled their heads out of their asses and added a cd key selection to the game details, I can finally use it. Unfortunately the key they gave me returns an error, just like the dozens of other people who bought the Complete Edition.

Snaptrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Snaptrap

I had purchased Anno 2070 from Steam when it was on sale. When you launch the game, it will pop-up like any other Steam notification (like a PM). Copy it to clipboard and paste it into Anno 2070 to authenicate. It will also prompt you to install Ubiplay, which I believe, is required to play.

Hope that helps!

Abigorus

I have the Complete Edition with all the DLC. The keys Steam is giving out, return a 2001 error.

Snaptrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Snaptrap

If I remember correctly the key pops-up in the corner of the screen where you just copy it. Eventually the Ubiplay will launch and will require you to apply the key to register it to your accound. I didn't have any issues with registering the product ...

Code135

That I know. Never happened until today when the problem was fixed. Even my TrackMania 2 games have no keys. Also, UBISoft titles. The key I finally received for ANNO 2070 doesn't work. lol. Doesn't pay to pay anymore.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
every game that required a cdkey on steam gave it to me once I launched the game. Also IIRC you can right click the game and click show CDKey or something like that.
Gallowhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 9

#11 Gallowhand
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

[QUOTE="Abigorus"]

Hope that helps!

Snaptrap

I have the Complete Edition with all the DLC. The keys Steam is giving out, return a 2001 error.

I bought that version when it was on sale too, but I hadn't installed it.  Seeing your post got me worried, so I just installed, and thankfully it all worked smoothly.  No problems with my CD key, so I'm not sure why it's not working for you. :(

All I can suggest is contacting Steam to see if they can resolve it for you.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Bought this today and can't play it. No cd key in the purchase confirmation email and no cd key in the game details. Does anyone have the same issue?

Snaptrap
I bought it on STEAM ages ago and there wasn´t any problems there at all. But if you bought it through Ubisoft, dont they have their own version Uplay?