Anyone Having CD Key Issues with Anno 2070 Complete On Steam?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Snaptrap (2186 posts) -

Bought this today and can't play it. No cd key in the purchase confirmation email and no cd key in the game details. Does anyone have the same issue?

#2 Posted by yonyz (533 posts) -
There shouldn't be a cd key in the email you get from Steam. The cd key should appear when you launch the game through Steam, assuming the game even requires manually entering a cd key.
#3 Posted by Code135 (842 posts) -

If I remember correctly the key pops-up in the corner of the screen where you just copy it. Eventually the Ubiplay will launch and will require you to apply the key to register it to your accound. I didn't have any issues with registering the product ...

#4 Posted by SerOlmy (1801 posts) -
Did you buy it from Steam? If so it should just appear in your games library. If you bought a Steam key form another retailer then you need to see if the charge went through and contact them. There are a LOT of shady web sites out there selling "legit" steam keys. And I use the term "legit" in a facetious manner since they probably aren't.
#5 Posted by Abigorus (877 posts) -

I had purchased Anno 2070 from Steam when it was on sale. When you launch the game, it will pop-up like any other Steam notification (like a PM). Copy it to clipboard and paste it into Anno 2070 to authenicate. It will also prompt you to install Ubiplay, which I believe, is required to play.

Hope that helps!

#6 Posted by kozzy1234 (35332 posts) -

Nope, no issues and had this game since the day it came out.

Start the game up in steam and it gives you a cdkey.

#7 Posted by Snaptrap (2186 posts) -

To launch the game, I need a cd key. Now that Steam has pulled their heads out of their asses and added a cd key selection to the game details, I can finally use it. Unfortunately the key they gave me returns an error, just like the dozens of other people who bought the Complete Edition.

#8 Posted by Snaptrap (2186 posts) -

I had purchased Anno 2070 from Steam when it was on sale. When you launch the game, it will pop-up like any other Steam notification (like a PM). Copy it to clipboard and paste it into Anno 2070 to authenicate. It will also prompt you to install Ubiplay, which I believe, is required to play.

Hope that helps!

Abigorus

I have the Complete Edition with all the DLC. The keys Steam is giving out, return a 2001 error.

#9 Posted by Snaptrap (2186 posts) -

If I remember correctly the key pops-up in the corner of the screen where you just copy it. Eventually the Ubiplay will launch and will require you to apply the key to register it to your accound. I didn't have any issues with registering the product ...

Code135

That I know. Never happened until today when the problem was fixed. Even my TrackMania 2 games have no keys. Also, UBISoft titles. The key I finally received for ANNO 2070 doesn't work. lol. Doesn't pay to pay anymore.

#10 Posted by bonafidetk (3850 posts) -
every game that required a cdkey on steam gave it to me once I launched the game. Also IIRC you can right click the game and click show CDKey or something like that.
#11 Posted by Gallowhand (480 posts) -

[QUOTE="Abigorus"]

Hope that helps!

Snaptrap

I have the Complete Edition with all the DLC. The keys Steam is giving out, return a 2001 error.

I bought that version when it was on sale too, but I hadn't installed it.  Seeing your post got me worried, so I just installed, and thankfully it all worked smoothly.  No problems with my CD key, so I'm not sure why it's not working for you. :(

All I can suggest is contacting Steam to see if they can resolve it for you.

#12 Posted by Jacanuk (5550 posts) -

Bought this today and can't play it. No cd key in the purchase confirmation email and no cd key in the game details. Does anyone have the same issue?

Snaptrap
I bought it on STEAM ages ago and there wasn´t any problems there at all. But if you bought it through Ubisoft, dont they have their own version Uplay?