anyone get the nvidia titan yet?

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

if you got one upload some videos of it with everything set on super highest ultra.

i found this on youtube of some gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4nDxSYesdc

looks flat out awesome!

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FaustArp
Member since 2013 • 1036 Posts
I ordered 2 and they arrive Thursday of next week. I can't wait! :)
Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts
I ordered 2 and they arrive Thursday of next week. I can't wait! :)FaustArp
Why, why and why?
Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]I ordered 2 and they arrive Thursday of next week. I can't wait! :)acanofcoke
Why, why and why?

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FaustArp

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]I ordered 2 and they arrive Thursday of next week. I can't wait! :)acanofcoke
Why, why and why?

A couple of reasons, not the least of which is that, currently, I plan on gettng a 2560x1600 monitor.  I saw a 1440p monitor and was pretty impressed, and I want the option of high resolution for some games. 

Another reason, which isn't as silly as it sounds, is dedication to the hobby.  I like staying on the bleeding edge, and I love benchmarking.  I had the upgrade bug, and read the Titan reviews, and knew I wanted some.

Also, I feel that they will last a lot longer than my current cards before I "need" to upgrade.  2x Titan performs incredibly well, and 6 GB of VRAM is insane.  It's a relatively future-proof upgrade.

I guess this is gonna turn into a "how I should spend my money" discussion.  It did when I was wondering why there were none in stock.  :roll:

But honestly, I worked very hard in college and then in grad school after that to get where I am today, I feel I can do as I please with my spending money.  :)

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

hahaha I see that you finally got a hold of some then! I am more than a  little jealous :P

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 soolkiki

[QUOTE="acanofcoke"][QUOTE="FaustArp"]I ordered 2 and they arrive Thursday of next week. I can't wait! :)FaustArp

Why, why and why?

A couple of reasons, not the least of which is that, currently, I plan on gettng a 2560x1600 monitor.  I saw a 1440p monitor and was pretty impressed, and I want the option of high resolution for some games. 

Another reason, which isn't as silly as it sounds, is dedication to the hobby.  I like staying on the bleeding edge, and I love benchmarking.  I had the upgrade bug, and read the Titan reviews, and knew I wanted some.

Also, I feel that they will last a lot longer than my current cards before I "need" to upgrade.  2x Titan performs incredibly well, and 6 GB of VRAM is insane.  It's a relatively future-proof upgrade.

I guess this is gonna turn into a "how I should spend my money" discussion.  It did when I was wondering why there were none in stock.  :roll:

But honestly, I worked very hard in college and then in grad school after that to get where I am today, I feel I can do as I please with my spending money.  :)

Well, I applaud you then! Hopefully I get to where you are someday! :P I'm in my first year of college, so I've still got a few years ahead of me! College and then (please don't laugh) to get a masters in library science. There are two things in life that I adore: games and books.

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FaustArp

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]I ordered 2 and they arrive Thursday of next week. I can't wait! :)soolkiki

hahaha I see that you finally got a hold of some then! I am more than a  little jealous :P

Yep, I finally found some.  :)  

Turns out, a friend of mine knew a guy who owned a computer store in Los Angeles, who set me up with two of them.  

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 soolkiki

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]I ordered 2 and they arrive Thursday of next week. I can't wait! :)FaustArp

Yep, I finally found some.  :)  

Turns out, a friend of mine knew a guy who owned a computer store in Los Angeles, who set me up with two of them.  

mmmm...connections, connections! Those are always useful. :) 

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FaustArp

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

[QUOTE="acanofcoke"] Why, why and why?soolkiki

Well, I applaud you then! Hopefully I get to where you are someday! :P I'm in my first year of college, so I've still got a few years ahead of me! College and then (please don't laugh) to get a masters in library science. There are two things in life that I adore: games and books.

Well just keep at it, a good education will pay off big time!  

Not sure why I'd laugh, iibrary sciece is a perfectly good field to go into...especially since you love books!  :)

catasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 catasaurus
Member since 2011 • 249 Posts

please tell me you atleast have dual monitors... i'm waiting for Maxwell

BeerMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BeerMage
Member since 2009 • 267 Posts

If you feel the need to get rid of those "old" and "outdated" 680's I'll gladly take them off your hands. :D:twisted:

[spoiler] No, seriously. Are you selling them? [/spoiler]

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FaustArp

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]I ordered 2 and they arrive Thursday of next week. I can't wait! :)BeerMage

If you feel the need to get rid of those "old" and "outdated" 680's I'll gladly take them off your hands. :D:twisted:

[spoiler] No, seriously. Are you selling them? [/spoiler]

They've both already got buyers, sorry.  :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-579f651eab962
Go for it then! I could afford it but I really don't think it's worth it. I think you should get yourself a 3930K as you're so flush.
FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FaustArp
[QUOTE="acanofcoke"]Go for it then! I could afford it but I really don't think it's worth it. I think you should get yourself a 3930K as you're so flush.

Good advice; will likely be heeded. Though I am waiting on Haswell...might as well get a small % difference. :)
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

please tell me you atleast have dual monitors... i'm waiting for Maxwell

catasaurus
Dual? Might as well go triple!
robertoenrique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 robertoenrique
Member since 2004 • 1191 Posts

[QUOTE="acanofcoke"][QUOTE="FaustArp"]I ordered 2 and they arrive Thursday of next week. I can't wait! :)FaustArp

Why, why and why?

I agree with you 100%, its your decision how you spend your money and no one has the right to question it, except if your married lol. I ordered mine as well, should be getting it next week. Will post pics.
FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FaustArp

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

[QUOTE="acanofcoke"] Why, why and why?robertoenrique

I agree with you 100%, its your decision how you spend your money and no one has the right to question it, except if your married lol. I ordered mine as well, should be getting it next week. Will post pics.

Nice!  :D

Post some thoughts, pics,  and benchmarks.  :)

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

You must be rich. :D, help a fellow PC gaming peasant out. Haha. 

Seriously, buy me one too. I only need the one. :). Btw, what do you do for a living?

I'm in my last semester of nursing school right now, but I'd never bable to afford two titans at any given time. I have a wife and 8 month old. Got kids? 

tionmedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tionmedon
Member since 2006 • 468 Posts

have a 690gtx don`t feel the need 2 upgrade.........

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

I'm still happy with my GTX590 (which I got for free! :) ) I'm going to wait for Maxwell to come out next year, though if Pirate Islands (or is it Volcanic Islands next year) chips from AMD are up to scratch I could end up going down that route again, it's been a long time since I had an ATI/AMD GPU.

This year I'm considering a RAM upgrade, thinking of getting some DDR3 2400 and an i7 Haswell, though that will depend on the available socket sizes. If they come out with availability on 1155 then I don't think I'll be able to talk myself out of it. :D If they don't I may go for a 2600k instead.

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FaustArp

EDIT - I shouldn't have to state what I do for a living, or justify my purchases to internet strangers.  :P

Anyway, back to the Titan:

Reviews are good, delivery date is Thursday, benchmarks are impressive, and look how sexy these things are:

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=233

^^That's what I call one nice-looking GPU! :cool:

I can't wait!  :D

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

tionmedon

What would you upgrade to?  You'd literally have to have 2 Titans in SLI to be significantly faster than what you have.  

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-579f651eab962
I agree with you and am slightly jealous. I might of considered going for a couple but the missus would never understand. It's really not worth the fight. She's still waiting for me to grow out of "playing stupid video games" It didn't happen when I was a teenager, didn't happen when I hit 20, didn't happen when I hit 30, wont happen when I hit 40!
soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 soolkiki

I agree with you and am slightly jealous. I might of considered going for a couple but the missus would never understand. It's really not worth the fight. She's still waiting for me to grow out of "playing stupid video games" It didn't happen when I was a teenager, didn't happen when I hit 20, didn't happen when I hit 30, wont happen when I hit 40!acanofcoke
haha it's funny how people treat gaming as more of a phase than an actual hobby.

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FaustArp

acanofcoke & soolkiki:

I hear you guys.  Gaming is just as legitimate a hobby as any other.

I know a guy who buys a new Harley Davidson every few years because of his motorcycle hobby.  A few pieces of hardware and some games is nothing!  :P  Lol.

Gaming is a perfectly fine hobby.  

A stimulating one at that!  :D

robertoenrique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 robertoenrique

I don't get why people **** and wine when someone spends big on their hobby. I mean come on guys, building and playing on PCs IS our hobby. So who cares if someone likes spending a lot of money on what they enjoy? Pc gaming is like any other hobby, for example my dad's hobby is fishing. He spends a lot of dough on fishing gear, so good for him! My brother in law likes motorcycles (as I do) and he has 4 of them, each one kicks more ass than the other, oh an he has spent thousands on riding gear. In conclusion, PC gaming is a hobby like any other and if you have spare income to spend on it well good for you!

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#29 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

People should be praising anyone getting a Titan if anything since having a top of the line rig is never a bad thing.

robertoenrique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 robertoenrique

People should be praising anyone getting a Titan if anything since having a top of the line rig is never a bad thing.

mitu123
Agreed. Awesome sig btw, different girl every time you post!
buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 buccomatic

Why, why and why?

"Also, I feel that they will last a lot longer than my current cards before I "need" to upgrade. 2x Titan performs incredibly well, and 6 GB of VRAM is insane. It's a relatively future-proof upgrade." yeah. that's what i'm thinking also and gratz on getting 2 of them! i'm going to have to get one now and one later on. can only afford one, barely.
buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 buccomatic

Go for it then! I could afford it but I really don't think it's worth it. I think you should get yourself a 3930K as you're so flush.acanofcoke
i got my 3930k just sitting on the shelf waiting for a motherboard and video card. :(

i think i'm going to get an asus rampage IV gene to go with it and the titan. either that or sabertooth.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#33 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Why, why and why?

That's cool man. You don't need to defend yourself so much haha. Whatever makes you happy. Personally, I think they are overpriced but that doesn't mean one shouldn't buy it if they could afford it and that's what they really wanted. Cheers mate. Have fun. Come back and post the beast rig.

Fastest PC on Gamespot? :P

OWNAGEDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 OWNAGEDC650
Member since 2010 • 27 Posts

Loving my EVGA Titan! It's so beautiful! 

GTX Titan

DBROWN9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#35 DBROWN9
Member since 2004 • 936 Posts

Sorry to tell you this but the GTX 690 beats the Titan considerably on every benchmark

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_titan_review,1.html

OWNAGEDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 OWNAGEDC650

Sorry to tell you this but the GTX 690 beats the Titan considerably on every benchmark

DBROWN9
You don't think I've done my own research? I've had 2x 680 Lightnings 1300/7.1Ghz as well as 2x 7970s @1150Mhz. I prefer my single Titan. I plan on buying another Titan later this year or early next as well.
soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 soolkiki

DBROWN9

This is known.

Avatar image for GamingVengeance
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GamingVengeance
Member since 2012 • 1874 Posts

DBROWN9
No sh!t
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Nah,far too pricey at the minute.

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FaustArp

GTX Titan

OWNAGEDC650

Nice!

Done any benching with it yet?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]I ordered 2 and they arrive Thursday of next week. I can't wait! :)SystemsGO

You must be rich. :D, help a fellow PC gaming peasant out. Haha. 

Seriously, buy me one too. I only need the one. :). Btw, what do you do for a living?

I'm in my last semester of nursing school right now, but I'd never bable to afford two titans at any given time. I have a wife and 8 month old. Got kids? 

Heck I would be pleased with of his 680's :)
OWNAGEDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 OWNAGEDC650

[QUOTE="OWNAGEDC650"]

GTX Titan

FaustArp

Nice!

I ran Unigine Valley benchmark.  Got 70fps at 1080p extreme HD setting.  My Titan was OC'D yet throttled. Waiting for new drivers. 

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FaustArp

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

[QUOTE="OWNAGEDC650"]

GTX Titan

OWNAGEDC650

Nice!

I ran Unigine Valley benchmark.  Got 70fps at 1080p extreme HD setting.  My Titan was OC'D yet throttled. Waiting for new drivers. 

Was it temperature throttling?

Probably one of the first things I'll do when I get mine is increase the tempetature target, probably to 90 C.  We'll see.

OWNAGEDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 OWNAGEDC650

[QUOTE="OWNAGEDC650"]

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

Nice!

FaustArp

Probably one of the first things I'll do when I get mine is increase the tempetature target, probably to 90 C.  We'll see.

I'm not sure exactly why it throttles but it's not because of temps. A bunch of Titan owners are experiencing throttling as well. No issues at stock clocks though.
FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FaustArp
[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

[QUOTE="OWNAGEDC650"]I ran Unigine Valley benchmark.  Got 70fps at 1080p extreme HD setting.  My Titan was OC'D yet throttled. Waiting for new drivers. 

OWNAGEDC650

I'm not sure exactly why it throttles but it's not because of temps. A bunch of Titan owners are experiencing throttling as well. No issues at stock clocks though.

Read about this problem on EVGA forums just now, hope it gets fixed soon.
Alienware_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Alienware_fan
Member since 2010 • 1514 Posts

[QUOTE="OWNAGEDC650"][QUOTE="FaustArp"]

FaustArp

Read about this problem on EVGA forums just now, hope it gets fixed soon.

your fake.

tionmedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tionmedon
Member since 2006 • 468 Posts

[QUOTE="tionmedon"]

hartsickdiscipl

What would you upgrade to?  You'd literally have to have 2 Titans in SLI to be significantly faster than what you have.  

my thoughts xactly........
kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

its is a great card, but not $1,250 great (the price in Australia). Also, i am gaming at 1080p where my single 680 runs without breaking a sweat so its really not needed.

--Anna--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 --Anna--
Member since 2007 • 4636 Posts

No, waste of money.