Any X360 controller emulators aside from X360ce?

#1 Posted by xxninja666xx (423 posts) -

I'm looking for one because X360ce manages to effectively fuck up all the button mappings for Dark Souls and it doesn't even react when I change them which is pretty annoying. Are there any others around I can use? I'm looking strictly for a controller emulator, so no "keyboard-to-gamepad" programs, please. Also, don't tell me to buy a genuine X360 controller because I simply won't - I can't afford to pay 120PLN (in US Dollars it's not much, but imagine paying, say, 150$ for that controller and you'll see what I mean) for a freaking gamepad.

#2 Edited by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

.... I use some off-brand, knock-off, unofficial 360 controller, and it's been recognized and works flawlessly with every game I'd expect it to. Including Dark Souls. Plug and play. Done and done. I can't imagine what you'd need an emulator for, even if you're not using an official 360 controller.

#3 Posted by xxninja666xx (423 posts) -

.... I use some off-brand, knock-off, unofficial 360 controller, and it's been recognized and works flawlessly with every game I'd expect it to. Including Dark Souls. Plug and play. Done and done. I can't imagine what you'd need an emulator for, even if you're not using an official 360 controller.

Well, I'm not using anything resembling an X360 controller, but rather a basic PS3-like one. I need and emulator because without it, Dark Souls barely recognizes it and assigns button mappings even more randomly (to the point where I have heavy attack assigned to Right X-Axis).

#4 Posted by pelvist (4560 posts) -

I use one called XPadder.

#5 Posted by xxninja666xx (423 posts) -

Afaik, XPadder is just a program with which you can assign keyboard/mouse commands to a gamepad, and that's not what I'm looking for.