Any way to use my PS3 controller to play PC games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Oil_Rope_Bombs (2671 posts) -

The KB/M can be quite uncomfortable to use for some games, so I just wanted to know if there's any way to use my PS3 controller to play games.

I tried the MotionInJoy thing but it's god-awful and doesn't work at all.

#2 Posted by iwilson1296 (2214 posts) -

The KB/M can be quite uncomfortable to use for some games, so I just wanted to know if there's any way to use my PS3 controller to play games.

Oil_rope_bombs

i think xpadder works for that, never tried it though

#3 Posted by NeoGen85 (4192 posts) -

Oil_rope_bombs

I'm using a MotionJoy but I have it setup in a way that it recognizes my PS3 controller as a Xbox 360 gamepad.

#4 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

When I had one motionjoy was what I found. But I never played around with it properly. But there will be obvious workarounds to get it working. Search youtube

#5 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

why would u want to use a ps3 controller??:|

#6 Posted by Lethargika (1666 posts) -
You're probably better off using a ps2 controller over ps3. Here is something that actually works: http://www.amazon.com/Dual-Controller-Adapter-Converter-Playstation-2/dp/B001AATQ0Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1341155515&sr=8-3&keywords=ps2+to+pc+adapter
#7 Posted by Beetroot502 (173 posts) -

I use motionjoy and it works fine. You can even set it to be recognized as other controllers (as someone else said, using as a 360 controller because games will recognize it easier).

Why would someone want to use a ps3 controller on PC? Because I only have a ps3 in my house and happen to have extra controllers :) so much better for emulators.

#8 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

ionusX

Because some games work better with controllers and he probably has a PS3 already

#9 Posted by achilles614 (4872 posts) -
some people say that (xpadder or motionjoy) is essentially crapware that messes up your pc or bluetooth settings if you try to uninstall it. My mobo has blutooth so I've always wanted to try using the PS3 controller wirelessly with no dongle.
#10 Posted by Masenkoe (4888 posts) -

some people say that (xpadder or motionjoy) is essentially crapware that messes up your pc or bluetooth settings if you try to uninstall it. My mobo has blutooth so I've always wanted to try using the PS3 controller wirelessly with no dongle.achilles614

well I've never used motionjoy but xpadder doesn't even install it just runs so hmm

#11 Posted by mitu123 (154589 posts) -

Motionjoy by far, it works perfectly, I use it like all the time!

#12 Posted by danygo1996 (373 posts) -

Motin in joy, i sued it ina ps2 emulator, it worked fine

#13 Posted by Wasdie (50538 posts) -

MotionJoy would be your best bet.

#14 Posted by Pvt_r3d (7897 posts) -
It's not very easy to use MotionJoy but once you learn to, you won't have any problem getting any PC to work with your controller. I use the bluetooth setting so I can play PC games wirelessly on my PC with my controller.
#15 Posted by Jacanuk (5529 posts) -

Oil_rope_bombs
Get Motionjoy and plug in your Ps3 controller Then go down to option 4 or 5 and click enable and wuptiiii you have a working Xbox 360 controller.
#16 Posted by Jacanuk (5529 posts) -
It's not very easy to use MotionJoy but once you learn to, you won't have any problem getting any PC to work with your controller. I use the bluetooth setting so I can play PC games wirelessly on my PC with my controller.Pvt_r3d
Eh? not very easy? If you have problems using Motionjoy then how can you even turn on a computer?
#17 Posted by Pvt_r3d (7897 posts) -
[QUOTE="Pvt_r3d"]It's not very easy to use MotionJoy but once you learn to, you won't have any problem getting any PC to work with your controller. I use the bluetooth setting so I can play PC games wirelessly on my PC with my controller.Jacanuk
Eh? not very easy? If you have problems using Motionjoy then how can you even turn on a computer?

My daddy helps me turn on my computer.
#18 Posted by JangoWuzHere (17263 posts) -

ionusX

Why ask questions you already know the answer too?