Any way to set a FPS goal and settings change to meet it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by O0mix0O (136 posts) -

Allow me to expand on the title. I was wondering if there would be a way to set the frames per second I want, then the visual settings change so I could achieve that? E.G. 30fps on BF4 everything ultra, if I set fps to 60 things would go down to high/medium etc.

Many thanks :)

#2 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5281 posts) -

I don't know of any software that does that, but why not set everything to low and work your way up until you get to the framerate you want?

#3 Edited by O0mix0O (136 posts) -

I don't know of any software that does that, but why not set everything to low and work your way up until you get to the framerate you want?

That's what I've been doing, well, working my way down from high :P I just wondered if there was an easier way to do it because some games require you to restart the game to change certain options (eg.fallout) and it gets pretty tedious :/

#4 Posted by Horgen (110055 posts) -

Don't think there is. However a good start would probably be to find some tests for the games you want to play with your GPU.

#5 Posted by O0mix0O (136 posts) -

Don't think there is. However a good start would probably be to find some tests for the games you want to play with your GPU.

That's a good idea, thanks :)

#6 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23459 posts) -

Only game I know to adjust the visuals to match performance is rage.