Any good RPGs on steam?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TheHoodieNinja (4 posts) -

I'm looking for some good RPGs available on steam. Also, I'd like it to be modern-ish (like fallout games, I don't like games with things like Elves, etc...)

If you have any suggestion please post them. Thanks :D

#2 Posted by Crypt_mx (4124 posts) -

The majority of RPG's are fantasy based. The only one I can think of that doesnt involve elves is Mass Effect.

Other than that Dragon Age is pretty good and The Witcher is great.

#3 Posted by TheHoodieNinja (4 posts) -

Alright, thanks. I will take some fantasy RPGs but I'd prefer modern ones. As long as the game isn't like medevial or something haha

#4 Posted by Deathykins (1412 posts) -

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is pretty good. It's primarily an FPS, but it has a few RPG elements. Post-apocalyptic open world game.

Others are:

Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2
Alpha Protocol
Deus Ex (Dated, but an amazing game nonetheless)
Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines (Personally, this is my favorite RPG. But I'm a big vampire fan. Though this one is also dated.)

#5 Posted by ATastyBurger (416 posts) -

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is pretty good. It's primarily an FPS, but it has a few RPG elements. Post-apocalyptic open world game.

Others are:

Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2
Alpha Protocol
Deus Ex (Dated, but an amazing game nonetheless)
Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines (Personally, this is my favorite RPG. But I'm a big vampire fan. Though this one is also dated.)

Deathykins

Stalker is awesome. You'll love it if you love Fallout.

#6 Posted by StevenHawking (1584 posts) -
I think most of the best ones have been suggested already..... I mean, I personally thought of stalker as less RPG and more open-world FPS, I mean you don't level up or anything, you do have an inventory, and in the newest one (Call of the priyapit?) you can make upgrades to your guns and armor. If you're going to get any in the series get the last one, and try it, I thought the first was great but each subsequent release in the series got better.
#7 Posted by ljt216 (24 posts) -

Jade Empire ? One of the least discussed Bioware games. Its great

#8 Posted by ljt216 (24 posts) -

The Witcher ?

#9 Posted by kozzy1234 (35263 posts) -

- Risen

- Arx Fatalist

- Dragon Age Origins

- Dragon Age 2

- Fallout New Vegas

- Gothic3

- Morrowind

- The Witcher

Those are some good rpgs on steam.

You can also check out GOG.com for alot of good old rpgs like Arcanum, Icewind Dale 2, Baldurs Gate, Planscape Torment,etc..

#10 Posted by StevenHawking (1584 posts) -

Jade Empire ? One of the least discussed Bioware games. Its great

ljt216
did that release onto steam? Funny I wish I had known, although I don't think that falls into the correct category he's looking for (modern)

The Witcher ?

ljt216
same problem with this suggestion
#11 Posted by magnusm1 (918 posts) -

KOTOR.

#12 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15587 posts) -
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, install the community patch.
#13 Posted by kozzy1234 (35263 posts) -

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, install the community patch. SAGE_OF_FIRE

This is a great suggestion here, I forgot to mention it.

#14 Posted by jedikevin2 (5209 posts) -
Gothic 3 enhanced edition is really nice. Also, Divinity 2: The Dragon Age Sage, and Titan Quest.