Any games where you hunt people / Are a predator/monster ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xbloodyhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xbloodyhands
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I am looking for a game that has a leap/pounce system like in the game Xmen: Origins and/or The hunter in Left 4 Dead. (preferably FPS/TPS) Thanks in advance for your help!
xbloodyhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xbloodyhands
Bump
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Old but I recall sneaking up and pouncing on people as a monster in Aliens vs Predator 2 when playing as a Xenomorph. I dont recall being able to pounce in AVP1, but I was still hunting people as a monster.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

An older console game called. Predator Concrete Jungle might be what you are after.

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

Prototype

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
Aliens vs Predator.
xbloodyhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xbloodyhands
Thanks guys, feel free to give more suggestions though! I would also prefer something more 'multiplayer'. I'll check AVP up. As for prototype, i played both and couldn't finish them. it's not quite my type of games. But thanks for the idea. I play Smite. and the only character i play is Fenrir. I want something that looks like that.
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

For multiplayer, Natural Selection 2.

xbloodyhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xbloodyhands
Yeah, i tried that one on the free week end on steam. I don't know why, but it overheats my computer. I can play Battlefield 3 on Ultra graphics, run it smoothly and my computer isn't overheating at all. But that game...
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
Yeah, i tried that one on the free week end on steam. I don't know why, but it overheats my computer. I can play Battlefield 3 on Ultra graphics, run it smoothly and my computer isn't overheating at all. But that game...xbloodyhands
using nvidia graphics card? are your graphics drivers up to date? that has caused that sort of issue with nvidia in the past, but hasn't happened in years as far as i know. the reason i'm so insistent on this is because natural selection 2 is one sexy ass game.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

slightly dated, but still INCREDIBLY fun, is Aliens vs Predator 2.  The Alien and Predator campaigns are fun for what youre asking, and the Marine campaigns are nice to, being on the receiving end of the hunt (muahahaha)

more recent is Prototype and Prototype 2.  Very fun open-world games, I highly recommend them.  You run around New York, "absorb" (eat) people, can assume their disguises, infiltrate bases, ambush people, spawn swords and hammerfists and tentactles out of your hands, hijack tanks, run up skyscrapers.  It is seriously the most fun you can have in 30 minutes.

Hitman: Blood Money has you hunting people, in some respect.  You're not really a monster, not in the traditional sense, but you are a hitman/murderer, so you are a human monster.  And awesome game as well.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Natural Selection 2 (Aliens)

Primal Carnage (Dinosaurs)

Primal Carnage has the raptor for the leap/pounce system, NS2 just has a regular attack system but it's really good.

xbloodyhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xbloodyhands
[QUOTE="xbloodyhands"]Yeah, i tried that one on the free week end on steam. I don't know why, but it overheats my computer. I can play Battlefield 3 on Ultra graphics, run it smoothly and my computer isn't overheating at all. But that game...yellosnolvr
using nvidia graphics card? are your graphics drivers up to date? that has caused that sort of issue with nvidia in the past, but hasn't happened in years as far as i know. the reason i'm so insistent on this is because natural selection 2 is one sexy ass game.

Yeah everything is up to date. I don't know what the problem is with that game. but it sucks to be me because it's an epic one and the only one my computer couldn't handle.
xbloodyhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xbloodyhands

slightly dated, but still INCREDIBLY fun, is Aliens vs Predator 2.  The Alien and Predator campaigns are fun for what youre asking, and the Marine campaigns are nice to, being on the receiving end of the hunt (muahahaha)

more recent is Prototype and Prototype 2.  Very fun open-world games, I highly recommend them.  You run around New York, "absorb" (eat) people, can assume their disguises, infiltrate bases, ambush people, spawn swords and hammerfists and tentactles out of your hands, hijack tanks, run up skyscrapers.  It is seriously the most fun you can have in 30 minutes.

Hitman: Blood Money has you hunting people, in some respect.  You're not really a monster, not in the traditional sense, but you are a hitman/murderer, so you are a human monster.  And awesome game as well.

mrbojangles25
I've read on some forums that Alien vs Predator is dead (the 2010 version) . Can you confirm it's not?
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#15 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

I highly recommend Natrual Selection 2. 

egger7577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 egger7577
Member since 2004 • 721 Posts

Crysis 3 multiplayer has a hunter mode which is pretty fun.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Outside of the Aliens/Predator games, the Crysis games, especially if there's a way to turn off the HUD. I don't leave a level until there are no survivors.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Manhunt

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
Aliens vs Predator.Doom_HellKnight
^This^ The Predator and Alien campaigns are amazing...
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

slightly dated, but still INCREDIBLY fun, is Aliens vs Predator 2. The Alien and Predator campaigns are fun for what youre asking, and the Marine campaigns are nice to, being on the receiving end of the hunt (muahahaha)

more recent is Prototype and Prototype 2. Very fun open-world games, I highly recommend them. You run around New York, "absorb" (eat) people, can assume their disguises, infiltrate bases, ambush people, spawn swords and hammerfists and tentactles out of your hands, hijack tanks, run up skyscrapers. It is seriously the most fun you can have in 30 minutes.

Hitman: Blood Money has you hunting people, in some respect. You're not really a monster, not in the traditional sense, but you are a hitman/murderer, so you are a human monster. And awesome game as well.

mrbojangles25

Good luck trying to get Prototype 1 to work on a modern machine, and gl trying to get Prototype 2 to work on any machine (it's real buggy).

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

slightly dated, but still INCREDIBLY fun, is Aliens vs Predator 2. The Alien and Predator campaigns are fun for what youre asking, and the Marine campaigns are nice to, being on the receiving end of the hunt (muahahaha)

more recent is Prototype and Prototype 2. Very fun open-world games, I highly recommend them. You run around New York, "absorb" (eat) people, can assume their disguises, infiltrate bases, ambush people, spawn swords and hammerfists and tentactles out of your hands, hijack tanks, run up skyscrapers. It is seriously the most fun you can have in 30 minutes.

Hitman: Blood Money has you hunting people, in some respect. You're not really a monster, not in the traditional sense, but you are a hitman/murderer, so you are a human monster. And awesome game as well.

sSubZerOo

Good luck trying to get Prototype 1 to work on a modern machine, and gl trying to get Prototype 2 to work on any machine (it's real buggy).

Prototype Works just fine.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
yeah the AVP games.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#24 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Dead Space 2 has mp that lets you pounce on people and hunt them. Singularity is similar. Both of those games would be extremely low population on PC (if not dead). But you might be able to find dedicated groups that get together.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

sSubZerOo

both run flawlessly on my self-built Windows 7 rig.  Doesn't mean it will run well on everyone's of course, but just sayin'...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

xbloodyhands

I've read on some forums that Alien vs Predator is dead (the 2010 version) . Can you confirm it's not?

what do you mean "dead"? You mean the online? Not sure, never played it.  I know it was not well received and, as a result, it likely did not get very popular.  That would be my guess

xbloodyhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xbloodyhands

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

sSubZerOo

I played both and both runned smoothly on high/ultra graphics
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#28 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Crysis. Even though you aren't a predator or a monster, the game sure makes you fee like one.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

Lulu_Lulu

Prototype Works just fine.

last I check no it didn't.. It has a bug in which if your video card has video ram beyond a certain level it locks you into a resolution no higher than 10xx X 7xx.. And from what I have seen of fixes it requires to go into registry.

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts
Hidden, a mod for Half-Life 2
Avatar image for deactivated-60e799a72eb68
deactivated-60e799a72eb68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-60e799a72eb68
Member since 2008 • 1678 Posts

I've read on some forums that Alien vs Predator is dead (the 2010 version) . Can you confirm it's not?xbloodyhands
On pc you have just a handful of servers sprinkled with regular players. They're are usually less than 50 people playing AVP 2010 at any given time on pc. The servers never change gametype, and 9/10 times you will only find people playing mixed species team deathmatch, so no infection, no coop, no domination, no other gametypes can be played.

On the xbox 360, it seems there are much more people playing, but at times it sinks down to pc levels. The good thing is people play all gametypes. Not sure about ps3

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Crysis. Even though you aren't a predator or a monster, the game sure makes you fee like one.

uninspiredcup
I agree with that.