Any games similar to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

--00--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 --00--
Member since 2005 • 376 Posts
Topic.
artur79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 artur79
Member since 2005 • 4679 Posts

Deus Ex? There are not many similargames, that's probably why so many people like it.

Let's see... Mass Effect maybe? I'm curious what other people suggest.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
None at all. That is the problem. Its styIe and atmosphere are unique... and I think that is what makes it so special.
giantraddish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 giantraddish
Member since 2002 • 307 Posts

Sweet topic. If you're looking for games "similar" in being unstable, buggy, not play tested, under-developed, and not taking full avantage of the game engine available to them... the list is disapointingly long.

If your looking for games that despite technical challenges have fun game worlds, stories, and characters how about:

• Bioshock
  • Psychonauts
  • Stubbs the Zombie
  • Chronicles of Riddick
  • Arx Fatalis

Ahh the shear bliss of low expectations...

Adversary16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Adversary16
Member since 2007 • 1705 Posts
That was one hell of a game! Too bad it's a little dated now.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Similar gameplay, art style, world, story, combat, or what? You kinda should be more sepcific.

im going to assume gameplay without regard to similarities in art.

STALKER is more of an FPS than vampire. Jade Empire is a bit more action oriented than vampire. So is Fable. The Witcher is more RPG focused than Vampire.

Take your pick.

Rifkin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rifkin-
Member since 2007 • 458 Posts

Oblivion, but its not set in modern times. You can still become a vampire though ;)

Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption

The Witcher

Jade Empire

Fable: The Lost Chapters

The Elder Scrolls series

Gothic series

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts

Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption

Darth_Kane

this one. it may be hard to play the older game second, but this game was one not to miss. it has a great twist in it, and it is very similar in style, of course, to bloodlines. i highly recommend it.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Sweet topic. If you're looking for games "similar" in being unstable, buggy, not play tested, under-developed, and not taking full avantage of the game engine available to them... the list is disapointingly long.

If your looking for games that despite technical challenges have fun game worlds, stories, and characters how about:

• Bioshock
  • Psychonauts
  • Stubbs the Zombie
  • Chronicles of Riddick
  • Arx Fatalis

Ahh the shear bliss of low expectations...

giantraddish

Yes because Chronicles of Riddick and Psychonautsare bad games :roll:.. If you didn't know the mod community has basically fixed every problem with vampires.. With unofficial patchs, i believe they are upwards to version 4.5+ now.

giantraddish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 giantraddish

Yes because Chronicles of Riddick and Psychonautsare bad games :roll:.. If you didn't know the mod community has basically fixed every problem with vampires.. With unofficial patchs, i believe they are upwards to version 4.5+ now.sSubZerOo

You missed the point of my post. Every game on that list was a good game I enjoyed and am recommending because of their well imagined game worlds, good stories, and/or great characters. I also loved and recommend VtMB for the same reasons despite it's technical flaws.

The patches the community has put out are nice, but the only "bugs" they can fix are logical flaws in scripted events. They also reactivated edited out events, dialog, and items. All good stuff but it doesn't stop the game from regularly crashing to desktop for many people.

FYI. If you're a gaming purist or live for the "Hard" mode, one common complaint with the community patch is that it makes the game too easy by adding in opportunities for extra XP and powerful items which the developers had not included in their released version.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 foxhound_fox
Oblivion, but its not set in modern times. You can still become a vampire though ;)Rifkin-

Yeah, and its nothing like being a Masquerade or Requiem vampire and you require a mod to get the cure quest working properly. Being a vampire in Oblivion isn't even worth the time and effort. At least in Morrowind there are vampire factions and related quests and not just some dumb, unfinished gimmick tacked on for added "substance."
giantraddish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 giantraddish
Like the person said above, it would help if you said what you liked about VtMB, but here's another direction: If you enjoyed playing a superhuman character with crazy powers that let you eat your opponents for lunch (which is something I loved about VtMB) you get a similar experience from Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 foxhound_fox
Like the person said above, it would help if you said what you liked about VtMB, but here's another direction: If you enjoyed playing a superhuman character with crazy powers that let you eat your opponents for lunch (which is something I loved about VtMB) you get a similar experience from Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.giantraddish

That is a great point. The one thing I love most about the Jedi Outcast and Academy is Grip 3. I just love tossing my foes aside like the weaklings that they are! :twisted: