Any games similar to Minecraft but with better graphics?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Tom351 (10 posts) -
I like the whole gather, build and defend 3d concept any games like that and similar to Minecraft?
#2 Posted by nilzg (753 posts) -
I'm not sure what you mean (I don't know Minecraft). But if you mean RTS (Real Time Strategy) games there are lots of them. Age of Empires (series), Command & Conquer (series), Act of War, Mount & Blade, ...
#3 Posted by mhofever (3952 posts) -

I'm not sure what you mean (I don't know Minecraft). But if you mean RTS (Real Time Strategy) games there are lots of them. Age of Empires (series), Command & Conquer (series), Act of War, Mount & Blade, ...nilzg

Your way off, bud.

www.minecraft.net

OP, I think you can give Dwarf Fortress a look, I heard it's something similar. But I still don't know any other game like Minecraft that keeps you playing for hours and hours.

#4 Posted by nilzg (753 posts) -

[QUOTE="nilzg"]I'm not sure what you mean (I don't know Minecraft). But if you mean RTS (Real Time Strategy) games there are lots of them. Age of Empires (series), Command & Conquer (series), Act of War, Mount & Blade, ...mhofever

Your way off, bud.

www.minecraft.net

OP, I think you can give Dwarf Fortress a look, I heard it's something similar. But I still don't know any other game like Minecraft that keeps you playing for hours and hours.

Oops xD, sorry TC
#5 Posted by Treflis (11481 posts) -
Minecraft is kinda of a one-of-a-kind type of game
#6 Posted by KHAndAnime (13456 posts) -
Closest thing to Minecraft is Dwarf Fortress, but graphically it's going the completely opposite direction. Fortunately gameplay wise it is fifty steps ahead of Minecraft.
#7 Posted by Empirefrtw (1324 posts) -

You realize if their was something with better graphics and had the game play of minecraft hardly anyone would get minecraft right?

#8 Posted by SaintSatan (593 posts) -

Download a mod to make it look better. There are 100's if not 1000's of them already.

#9 Posted by ventnor (1061 posts) -

I like the whole gather, build and defend 3d concept any games like that and similar to Minecraft?Tom351

Try servers running the stranded gamemode in Garry's Mod.

#10 Posted by Ikavnieks (2848 posts) -

Download a mod to make it look better. There are 100's if not 1000's of them already.

k3ck
Erm, for Minecraft? No, no there isn't
#11 Posted by Freak2121GTAF (697 posts) -
#12 Posted by SaintSatan (593 posts) -

[QUOTE="k3ck"]

Ikavnieks

Erm, for Minecraft? No, no there isn't

REALLY? LOL Minecraft is one of the most modded games around right now. There are mods ranging from texture packs to the game Portal recreated with working Portals with multiplayer.

#13 Posted by rspyda (1 posts) -
Try wurm online. It's pretty similar to Minecraft in that you start with nothing but a bunch of tools and have to harvest wood to make planks so that you can make carts etc. Wurm is completely multiplayer, the graphics are more realistic and plays similar to a five year old MMO. Unfortunatley the game feels a bit souless to me and lacks the charm of minecraft. I'm not really sure why though.
#14 Posted by madmenno (1525 posts) -
3D studio max, photoshop and C++. You can make anything and easily get better graphics then the best next gen game.
#15 Posted by ionusX (25715 posts) -

lego universe??

#16 Posted by thomasvw (1 posts) -
Runescape.... I havent played it in about 8 years but I remember it being very similar.