Any games similar to Batman: AC and AA?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jebus213 (8891 posts) -

SO BORED...

#2 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Not extremely similar, that I know of. Sleeping Dogs is great fun, and the hand to hand fighting system is pretty clearly modeled after the Batman games, but significantly different. It's a bit slower, but more technical and deliberate, especially once you unlock all the moves and grapples and stuff. Also, the Amazing Spider Man game has combat clearly taking cues from the batman games. Be warned though, I don't know if the PC version works too well. A friend of mine had it, and I tried it out. Ran like complete sh!t. I'm on a laptop, and I certainly didn't expect to max it smoothly... but I can play AA and AC at decent settings and maintain 30+ fps. With ASM, I put it to bare minimum settings, 1280x720, and still got a slideshow with an average of less than 18 fps, plus damn near gamebreaking input lag.

#3 Posted by Darth_Kane (2966 posts) -

Before Batman: AA came out the devs said they were inspired by the Chronicles of Riddick game

#4 Posted by Jebus213 (8891 posts) -

Not extremely similar, that I know of. Sleeping Dogs is great fun, and the hand to hand fighting system is pretty clearly modeled after the Batman games, but significantly different. It's a bit slower, but more technical and deliberate, especially once you unlock all the moves and grapples and stuff. Also, the Amazing Spider Man game has combat clearly taking cues from the batman games. Be warned though, I don't know if the PC version works too well. A friend of mine had it, and I tried it out. Ran like complete sh!t. I'm on a laptop, and I certainly didn't expect to max it smoothly... but I can play AA and AC at decent settings and maintain 30+ fps. With ASM, I put it to bare minimum settings, 1280x720, and still got a slideshow with an average of less than 18 fps, plus damn near gamebreaking input lag.

the_bi99man

Looks like I'll be getting Sleeping Dogs. Glad to see it has the AMD stamp of approval so I don't have to worry about performance issues.

#5 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Looks like I'll be getting Sleeping Dogs. Glad to see it has the AMD stamp of approval so I don't have to worry about performance issues.

Jebus213

yeah, it's yet another of Square Enix's fantastic PC ports. Very well optimized, and plenty of options for making it look leagues better than the console versions, including DX11 features, and a free HD texture pack. And you should be able to run it maxed out reasonably well with anything modern.

#6 Posted by funkyzoom (1445 posts) -

the_bi99man

I have played the PC version of Amazing Spider-Man, and it ran really well for me, on max settings. Its not even 10% as bad as you're saying. I did have the lagging issues earlier, but a BIOS update for my motherboard fixed it. You can try that too. After that update, it ran smooth as silk even on the highest settings. Coming to the game, although it doesn't match up to the Batman games, its a hell lot of fun to play. The camera can be a bit annoying, but swininging around the city is great fun. I'd definitely give the game 7.5/10.

#7 Posted by HyperWarlock (3261 posts) -

Deus Ex: Human Revoultion if you're into sneaking around and using gadgets.