Any games on pc like fire emblem??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by bigboss5ak (2844 posts) -

If you guys are familiar with the fire emblem series that is its like a strategy rpg even sorta like FF tactics. I know shogun is one are there anyothers with a good story thanks

#2 Posted by Renevent42 (5069 posts) -
The new King's Bounty series is an excellent mix of RPG and tactics. I'd recommend getting Armored Princess + Crossworlds: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6120/?snr=1_4_4__13 Armored Princess has a HUGE campaign (like 40 hours), and the Crossworlds expansion adds a lot of nice features to it as well as providing two fun (but much smaller) mini campaigns.
#3 Posted by Maroxad (7931 posts) -

Unfortunately I do not know anything which plays exactly like Fire Emblem. But I know several games with similar as in emphasis on turn based tacitcs. What is it you like about Fire Emblem that you may be looking for in PC games?

If you want turn based tactical games with level ups and such (bolded ones with perma deaths (my favorite feature in FE))

Modern: Xcom, Jagged Alliance
Fantasy: Temple of Elemental Evil, Grotesque Tactics, Kings Bounty (units fallen in combat will have to be replenished, although losing them is nowhere near as hurting as it is in some other games).

ToEE is more of a RPG (but has turn based tactical combat) and Xcom and Jagged Alliance are more along turn based tactics (although both contain elements such as level ups (rank up in Xcom)).

#4 Posted by Renevent42 (5069 posts) -
Another good choice would be Silent Storm. The RPG aspects are a bit lighter, but the tactics part is downright amazing. Everything is destructible which opens up a lot of interesting tactics. And if you are looking for a game (as mentioned above) where soldier are more personalized and loosing them has a more meaning, this would be it.
#5 Posted by bigboss5ak (2844 posts) -

Unfortunately I do not know anything which plays exactly like Fire Emblem. But I know several games with similar as in emphasis on turn based tacitcs. What is it you like about Fire Emblem that you may be looking for in PC games?

If you want turn based tactical games with level ups and such (bolded ones with perma deaths (my favorite feature in FE))

Modern: Xcom, Jagged Alliance
Fantasy: Temple of Elemental Evil, Grotesque Tactics, Kings Bounty (units fallen in combat will have to be replenished, although losing them is nowhere near as hurting as it is in some other games).

ToEE is more of a RPG (but has turn based tactical combat) and Xcom and Jagged Alliance are more along turn based tactics (although both contain elements such as level ups (rank up in Xcom)).

Maroxad

I just want somthing with a good story and good strategy combat. And from the games you mention TOEE seems to be what im looking for that one looks pretty solid but reading some info on it i hear its really short and riddled with bugs :( But its really cheap though so ill give it a go

#6 Posted by bigboss5ak (2844 posts) -
The new King's Bounty series is an excellent mix of RPG and tactics. I'd recommend getting Armored Princess + Crossworlds: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6120/?snr=1_4_4__13 Armored Princess has a HUGE campaign (like 40 hours), and the Crossworlds expansion adds a lot of nice features to it as well as providing two fun (but much smaller) mini campaigns.Renevent42
This looks pretty solid as well and the 40+ hours of gameplay along with the expansion pack is looking very tempting thanks
#7 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (8022 posts) -
The Heroes of Might and Magic and King's Bounty series are the closest I can think of.
#8 Posted by edinsftw (4225 posts) -

I have to say fire emblem was quite wonderful and i do not think you will be finding a pc game up to its caliber imo. I do love kings bounty and those because they added more than just combat, but the fire emblem combat is quite a bit above it still.