Any Fun multiplayer pc games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FiRe1987 (24 posts) -
Im looking for some fun multiplayer video games for PC that me and my girlfriend could play. Co-op ones would be nice but regular multiplayer ones would be good too, been trying to find some but I can't really find any good ones. Or well most are FPS and that doesn't rly interest her much.
#2 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

hmm portal 2 maybe?

minecraft

guildwars 1 & 2 encourage teaming up with people alot.

trackmani: nations forever

heck try diablo 2 & 3 out see if they are what fancies u

id list more but i gotta run. see you!!

#3 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

Tribes: Ascend; World of Warcraft; Counter-Strike; Portal 2; Borderlands; FIFA..

#4 Posted by D1zzyCriminal (1839 posts) -

Free to play games are huge right now, check out Steam for a decent selection.

Otherwise: Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 2, Borderlands, Terraria, Sanctum, Dungeon Defenders and Killing Floor.

#5 Posted by DJ_Headshot (6284 posts) -

You can try these games:

• Titan Quest
  • Magicka you can play up to 4 player co-op on one pc
  • Laura Craft and the guardian of light 2 payer co-op on one pc not online but one of the best games as far as team work
  • Diablo 1,2,3
  • Dungeon Defenders
  • Sanctum
  • Alien Swarm
  • Any mmorpg I'd give vindictus a try nice graphics and combat
  • Leaque of Legends
  • Super Monday Night Combat
  • Left 4 Dead 1 and 2
  • Team Fortress 2
#6 Posted by FiRe1987 (24 posts) -
Some interesting suggestions, alltho most are FPS which I already mentioned she doesn't like.
#8 Posted by slabber44 (985 posts) -
Neverwinter Nights 2 has a good multiplayer. Portal 2 was mentioned and is also a good choice. What kind of games intrest her? A little info may help out here.
#9 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

Steam has filters for co-op and multiplayer games in their store, and you can even sort by genre and look at the metacritic score to determine if its good for you.

#10 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15589 posts) -
Rayman Origins, Splinter Cell CT, Magicka, Portal 2, etc.
#11 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4089 posts) -

I'd recommend Portal 2, F.E.A.R. 3 and Borderlands for Co-Op.

#12 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6689 posts) -

Neverwinter nights 2

Saints row: The third

Civ 5

Two worlds 2 (yeah I liked the multiplayer, shoot me :P)

Dawn of War 2, is surprisingly amuzing in Co-OP aswell ^^ altho not sure it is something she would like :P

*Portal 2

Overall I would say NWN2, simply because it has so many modules to play, it is somewhat accessable, while deep enough that you can go halfway neurotic to get a character you really like.

*Drag her into portal 2 ^^ its not really an fps game afterall ;) just sell her on the idea that it is a puzzle game (which is true) ^^

#14 Posted by MonsieurX (31194 posts) -
[QUOTE="Zelfed"]League of Legends is a great game that doesn't take too long to pick up, I highly recommend that you try it. You can sign up here: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=50787ad18d46e301052131

nope,goodbye
#15 Posted by WinsteadVolve (391 posts) -

Torchlight 2 is quite good for co-op, and since I have them you should obviously try GTA IV and the multiplayer (although community made) GTA: San Andreas

#16 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -
You really ought to give Chivalry a try with your friends, it is such a good time with buddies (they show up tagged in the matches so it's a great strategic move too), incredible mp game!
#18 Edited by Postosuchus (259 posts) -

If you have 2 Xinput capable controllers and want local co-op, the two Sonic Sega & All Stars racing games are very fun and very easy to pick up and play, and have several different game types besides simple races. There's also Streetfighter 4, which also has local co-op. I play both with my own gal on a laptop and it works very well.

If you like RPGs I'd also like to give a nod to the upcoming Divinity Original Sin, a turn based RPG that was built specifically for 2 player co-op (unfortunately I believe it requires 2 computers). Girls might appreciate the ability to create their own character, and each player can select their own dialogue as well.

#19 Edited by Jimmy_Russell (925 posts) -

Yes, please bump year old threads to share a referral link. This is what a good discussion board is all about.