Another, "Help me find a laptop" thread.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I want to apologize in advance because I know this forum is clustered with these types of threads, but I couldn't find one to my liking in those.

A month or so ago my laptop simply died from being dropped. The screen cracked and the hinges came off, leaving it to dangle upon the wires lol. Anyway, classes start back up for me in a few weeks and I need something to take around with me to do my assignments and such.

I mostly use laptops for homework, listening to music, web browsing, and occasional Netflix. So, I need something fast, with great speakers/headphone jack. As far as gaming goes, I don't need something as powerful as my PC, but I would like the option to do some light gaming inbetween studying at my friends and such. I was looking at this laptop. Does anyone have any experience with it? Can you recommend me something different? I would like to keep it under $800 since I'm a student lol.

The one I'm debating on.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

for everyday use it will be fine even very low end machines these days have no problem running web browsers and netflix act. AMD APU are a good pick from from mederate gaming.

I would try to see the laptop in person before buying. Some times they may have low quality parts you cant see over amazon. I got a chromebook once and the screen was so bad it was one of the worst displays id ever seen in my life.